Starburst (Glass Glow) Palm Wax melts

Barefootgirl

1 minute ago, Barefootgirl said:

Anyone make scent shots using this wax? Does it pop out of a portion cup well? I'm leaning towards this one over the feather palm. But want to make sure it will work if I can before I order. Thanks! 

Yes, it's the easiest wax (IMO) to get out of molds. Usually you don't even need to coax them out, just turn the mold over and they slide right out. However, not sure I'd use the plastic portion cups with this wax. To get the pretty designs and textures you have to pour pretty hot, and cool slowly, and that could melt the cups... 

• Like 1

Thanks Jcandleattic

I could always just use the scalloped tart molds. It's what I used years ago when I made candles. Do you think the glass glow would be hard enough to mold and bag up though since it's the container version of palm wax? I'm not sure what the temp limits are on portion cups so that's a good point. I've never made any melts in the portion cups. Its been a little over 10 years since I've made candles and trying to catch up with the current trends. The cups seem to be the popular sellers.  

I've used this wax mixed with 464, poured into the plastic portion cups without any issue, plastic doesn't melt.(pouring around 155-160, if you wait too much longer it starts setting up). Still has the pretty crystal patterns too. Love the palm as it pops out of the portion cup and the melter so easily, other molds would work too I bet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Barefootgirl said:

Thanks Jcandleattic

I could always just use the scalloped tart molds. It's what I used years ago when I made candles. Do you think the glass glow would be hard enough to mold and bag up though since it's the container version of palm wax? I'm not sure what the temp limits are on portion cups so that's a good point. I've never made any melts in the portion cups. Its been a little over 10 years since I've made candles and trying to catch up with the current trends. The cups seem to be the popular sellers.  

That's how I make my glass glow tarts. I shrink wrap them once they are out of the tart molds. 

Looks like se2653 has done it with no problems, but I've never poured palm at that low of a temp before (because anytime I've tried its lost its crystallization affect) and I've also never mixed it before... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2017 at 2:10 PM, Barefootgirl said:

Anyone make scent shots using this wax? Does it pop out of a portion cup well? I'm leaning towards this one over the feather palm. But want to make sure it will work if I can before I order. Thanks! 

Check out Bonjour Wax Company. She makes tarts and exclusively uses this wax.....she has a very successful business.