Best practices - test burning

After much trial and error, I have settled on a wick for my candles. I am in the process of testing different fragrances I'd like to eventually offer for sale. Through this site, I've learned that I should test each fragrance a few different ways - one burning properly (3 hour burns, trimming the wick, etc.) and one power burning. Correct?

All is good with the proper burn tests but when I do the power burn test, I have not been trimming the wick because I was under the impression that this should be kind of a worst case scenario for safety concerns where customers do not follow proper burning instructions. When I do this, near the bottom of the candle, it gets rather hot. Not where it would burn your hand on contact, but where you wouldn't want to carry it more than a few feet. 

My question is this - when you do a power burn type of test, do you trim your wicks between burns? 

From the the information above, do you think I'm over wicked?  I don't think I am but wanted to check with y'all for confirmation - I'm using 11 ounce Libbey tumblers with IGI 6006 and an LX 14, no dye or additives.  

Thank you in advance for your advice.

17 minutes ago, CHB said:

When I do this, near the bottom of the candle, it gets rather hot. Not where it would burn your hand on contact, but where you wouldn't want to carry it more than a few feet. 

My question is this - when you do a power burn type of test, do you trim your wicks between burns? 

Thank you in advance for your advice.

To me, it sounds like it is burning well, and would probably not change anything. (of course without being there watching it, this is only my best guess given the information I have) 

Nobody should be moving a lit/just extinguished candle anyway, let alone a few feet, so as long as you are not burning yourself when touching the side of the container, you should be good. 

Personally I do trim my wicks between burns always, however, I would always do this long before I started making my own candles, so for me, it's just a natural thing to do.