Peak returning

I agree with that. But for quite some time, they were constantly out of things they said they had, prices are high (compared to others I use), support wasn't great.

I am glad they are coming back slowly with just one main product. But they lost all credibility with me over the past few years. So, I won't be in a hurry to go back.

But I do agree.... at least they are now trying.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, wthomas57 said:

I agree with that. But for quite some time, they were constantly out of things they said they had, prices are high (compared to others I use), support wasn't great.

I am glad they are coming back slowly with just one main product. But they lost all credibility with me over the past few years. So, I won't be in a hurry to go back.

But I do agree.... at least they are now trying.

i agree with what you are saying, a lot of what you say makes sense and is useful. 

As much as I hate when companies leave companies like ours in the lurch like Scent Works, Front Porch, Tennessee etc I like when some try to make things right. It was so sad to see the dirty laundry being aired in public like that, fingers crossed the worst is over.

I am going to purchase a few fragrances while they are open and see how it goes.

• Like 1

Not to mention the interesting comments the wife had to say publicly about who the owner is as a person to employees not getting paid etc.  Seems a bit unstable this quick of a turnaround.  However, it may be even better this time than the previous as far as stock goes...who knows.  Hope it all goes well though as I have heard nothing but great things regarding their oils, just haven't tried many yet.  

• Like 1

I don't have a business depending on suppliers being reliable, so I can consider being more forgiving and giving another chance to someone who looks like they've had a bad patch and have been struggling to keep it together for a couple of years.  Going through hell and then trying to heal from it and get back to normal can take quite a long while, and some never get back to the way they were.  If I were running a business, I'd probably think differently.

From what little I've seen on their Facebook page, both parties (wife included) were pulling some immature public drama crap that seemed unnecessary, but there's a lot we won't ever know.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Darbla said:

I don't have a business depending on suppliers being reliable, so I can consider being more forgiving and giving another chance to someone who looks like they've had a bad patch and have been struggling to keep it together for a couple of years.  Going through hell and then trying to heal from it and get back to normal can take quite a long while, and some never get back to the way they were.  If I were running a business, I'd probably think differently.

From what little I've seen on their Facebook page, both parties (wife included) were pulling some immature public drama crap that seemed unnecessary, but there's a lot we won't ever know.

Well said :bow:

3 hours ago, John Galleos said:

I can sympathize of course! It's just a trust factor now. Have you guys ever gone elsewhere for fragrance oils? Id love to know where you have had success other than Peak. 

There are MANY other fragrance suppliers that are very good quality. Search the boards here under the fragrance forum, and you will find a ton. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

There are MANY other fragrance suppliers that are very good quality. Search the boards here under the fragrance forum, and you will find a ton. 

I agree with this. I worked for a supplier for MANY years, and although I really couldn't say I bought from others at the time, the reality is that I bought on a regular basis from about 10 sources. :) Don't put all your eggs in one basket, ever!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flicker said:

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, ever!

Nope. This scenario right here is why I don't really have "must have" fo's that I can't get anywhere else, or "exclusive lines" or whatever, for the simple fact, if I need a scent and it just disappears into thin air, I won't be SOL when I actually need/want it. 

Sure there are many of Peaks oils I am going to dearly miss because I absolutely loved them, and found them to be better than any other place, however, I was never so reliant on those oils that I am now in a bind. 

• Like 1

It makes me sad though, Peak was the company where I bought my first kit, waxes and fragrance oils- which helped me start on this journey.  I haven't ordered from them recently, mainly because they no longer carried the palm waxes and I have been wanting to test and use those, and then I was getting concerned when many fo's were out of stock recently too.  Hope they can turn is around and get the business back and running, but I understand everyone's concerns- makes me realize as others have said, the importance of having other companies to go to for supplies and not just rely on one company.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John Galleos said:

I can sympathize of course! It's just a trust factor now. Have you guys ever gone elsewhere for fragrance oils? Id love to know where you have had success other than Peak. 

Well that's a loaded question lol! 

I was a Peak fan when I first started back making candles. There are some mainstays that just are not findable out there. I get the trust thing completely so I'm figuring even if we are able to stock pile some FOs, it's time to start looking for others. The problem is the others aren't necessarily where we do business. This means we get to take our business out there to some other folks ... plenty I haven't heard about. 

To answer your question though ... no matter what ... whether Peak's comes back for life or a half life ... find your replacements because you know where to go and some of them may be better and less expensive etc. and you won't be searching for a panic button when/if it happens again. I guess I come from the line of life that says if it happened once, it will again. Best to get prepared. 

That still doesn't answer you question about where to find FOs ... there are still plenty of companies out there ... still too numerous to count ... who offer fragrances. For the most part, all of them have something to offer. There are companies some of us will never go to again just because of a bad experience, but my bad experience doesn't equate to Tom, Dick and Harry having the same problem(s). 

There is a list of suppliers in the fragrance section as up to date as is possible. Check them out. Thinking you can search by name on here and get an idea of some people's thoughts. 

• Like 4