Weekend Plans??

Jcandleattic

Not sure I'm going to do much creating, as I have to clean my basement. It's a total disaster!! With everything going on since I got back, it'll be the first weekend I've been able to do anything... 

I need to clean up soaping dishes that have been sitting down there since before I left for training at the end of May, I have to clean all the dust/lint that the dryer has been spewing for the last 2 months and figure out WHY it's spewing so much. and then just general organizing. 

The 2 soaps I've actually written up plans for though are something I'm going to try and get done either this weekend or as soon as I can. 

One is going to be a GoT inspired soap called Fire and Ice - it'll be a two layered soap, bottom layer, blues and whites, with a fresh 'ice' (aka peppermint and some sort of water) scent, with the top layer being black with yellow/red/orange "flames" throughout it, scented in a mix of Dragons Blood and mint. I know in my head how I want it to turn out, so we all know it's going to look NOTHING like I imagine it... LOL 

The second one is a Guernsey inspired Mermaid soap, using the blues, greens, turquoise, and other colors of the Guernsey ocean, along with mermaid tail, seashell and 'rock' embeds for the topping.

All the prep work for both is going to take a bit of time, so as I said, it may not all get done this weekend, but hopefully by next weekend. We'll see. 

Also I need to masterbatch and I'd like to make some pillars with the feather and palm waxes I have and continue some wick testing. I almost have it down, but have to still test a couple to get it better. And maybe just some plain ol' container candles as well. 

What is everyone else doing? Anything crafty? 

Got my workshop cleaning almost finished.  Want to strip the freezer paper off one work table and replace with fresh cover, then I'm done with workshop cleanup.  Will probably toss that job off to Lovely Assistant No. 1.  LOL

1) Putting a bunch of candles in the clearance section of my Etsy shop.  High time to thin out the herd there.  Actually starting that project now.

2) Soaping.  At least 3 batches for C'mas, maybe 4.  Peppermint eo, spruce C'mas tree, cranberry, F&M.

3) Shooting photos of my new candles for fall and getting those listed.  Supposed to be rainy, and I shoot outside, so that one's doubtful.

4) Adding a bunch of listings to my other websites.  Urgh.*

*I really don't like all the techy stuff - I don't mind doing it, but it's such a time suck.  But I had a business meeting with my assistant this morning, and she's taking over the social media stuff like Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc. since I hate doing it and rarely mess with it.  There's one ray of hope in my week.  LOL

I'd love to do a little sewing or knitting, but gearing up for the busy season takes precedence over my fun.  I've got a tote bag cut out and just need to cut out the liner to finish sewing that up.  And I have a small quilt top that needs sandwiching and quilting.  Doubtful I'll get to that, but hope springs eternal.

14 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I'm sleeping as I pulled an all nighter last night.

Trappeur

Sleep sounds wonderful!! I've been going full board for the last 2 weeks since getting home. But there is so much to do before the holiday season starts!! 

Yes, I know what you mean....If I have a neat organized house/kitchen/porch/bedroom/yard/basement I can set sail smoothly......but I have so much stuff!  I just can't believe I could accumulate so much stuff over the years!  Been doing a bonfire outside burning anything and everything.  Geesh I would make a trip to town down the mountain and bring stuff to the Humane Society Thrift store and thought I was doing good and now these past 2 times they said they are not taking anymore stuff.  Geesh I had clothes that still had the tags on them not worn and dishes and things that I just know homeless people would kill for.  I got so aggravated when they told me that so I took to the dump where you drive in and get weighed on a scale as i had so much stuff.  I felt horrible doing this, but I did.  I really need to get organized..

Well back outside to get another fire going....and then back inside and get pouring candles.   I have so much to make....I gotta stop procrastinating as the season will be upon us b/4 we know it.

Trappeur

• Like 1

OK, blew off my weekend plans and went camping with DH.  He is SO spontaneous.  LOL  But it was really good to get away, relax, reconnect with him, and clear my head.  Getting away from stress is a good idea now and then, eh?  Now I'll hit it hard again, gearing up for busy season.  My assistant and I are almost all poured up on fall/holiday candle stock.  And lip balms are in good supply.  Just need to shore up the soaps department and pour a bunch of wax melts.  Fall soaps are done, but I'm running behind on C'mas soaps due to some unforeseen circumstances popping up in life.  Ain't that always the way? :)

Hey trap, out this way a few organizations take any and all clothing and material. Thy sell it by the pound to have it remanufactured into clothing. 

Home of the Sparrow, a small one in the next town, raises $1million a year or so by selling crappy fabric for recycling that people do not want. Ancient t-shirts... you name it. 

But it I really understand how stuff accumulates! I have a storage room full of stuff I had not other place for. Baby items. Tax forms. Fitness equipment. Other things put in there to hold during various Reno projects.  If I can just get myself to carry it up the stairs and to the curb I would have all that space back to use for something productive. Hubs and I are trying to get back on track to "live like we are moving". 

• Like 1

I got the basement sort of cleaned, but that's about all I got done this weekend. There is just so much to do, and no time to do any of it. I need a vacation (yes, I know I wasn't working for 4 months, but that was not a vacation, that was an unpaid stress induced prison at home! LOL) However, now that I get a ton of PAID time off, my hub and I are going to take the last week of August off, and go camping up in the mountains for 3 days of it. It'll be nice to get out, go hiking, fishing and just relax by the lake... Maybe after that I'll be more motivated to do some stuff. .