Pumpkin Pecan Waffle Tests

Trappeur

My most favorite fragrance that I am trying to replace Tennessee Candles with is Pumpkin Pecan Waffle.

Tomorrow I will be pouring each of the following PPW's from different companies, let them cure for 2 weeks in 464 wax and will post 

my honest opinions on each of them in 2 weeks.

I will be testing in 16oz canning jars with a cd10 wick

The companies I'm testing are:

1.  Wholesale Supplies Plus

2.  Candle Source

3.  Cierra

4.  Flaming

5.  Maple Street

6.  Fragrance Buddy

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 5

Looking forward to your results. I know I liked Cierra Candles's PPW. I bought some from them before Tennessee and thought they smelled the same as far as I can recall.  I know I loved PPW from both places.  I still have some from Tennessee but will be needing more before long. Haven't ordered from Cierra in awhile because I have several new suppliers now. 

3 hours ago, awnl said:

Very intrested in hearing your results... I know this has been quest to accomplish !

Well, it's going to be a toughy this one I can foresee as sniffing from the bottle each and every one smells exactly the same.

I'm wanting this fragrance of course to be a strong one as Tennessee's was.  With Tennessee's when I had lit, I could actually smell the fragrance walking up the walkway to my house coming out the windows as I leave my windows open.  And also when extinguished the fragrance just lingers so nicely.   That's what I look for in a candle...so we shall see.

Trappeur

44 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

How heavy is the Pumpkin in PPW?  I've had a few requests for it but never bought because 1 pumpkin scent has been enough gagging for me, but if it's more waffle and pecan I might be able to handle it.

In my opinion, the pumpkin does not overpower any of the other components in the oil.  You can smell the brown sugar, butter. pecans and maple syrup all blended evenly.  It's hard to describe...the pumpkin is hardly noticeable.  It's just a very rich decadent scent.  You just have get a sample.  I highly recommend you just try it.  So in answer to your question is the pumpkin heavy?   No, not all  Hope this helps.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

I know everyone loves this scent but I guess I'm the odd man out here. All I can smell from any of them is butter and maybe a little tiny bit of pumpkin. If I could get the brown sugar and maple notes I would be happy with it. I think I may have to add some brown sugar to the PPW FO's that I have and I would like it better. I have some of Tennessee's too I think and like you said Trapp, they all smell the same OOB. Maybe my nose just isn't sensitive enough to pick all the other notes up. I may have to give this one another try!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mulberrysoap said:

Whatever happened to tennessee in the end? Did she sell her company to another supplier? Could you give or ask it to tt for possible duping if she has time? 

Sure, could give some oil to TT to duplicate, no problem.....I have quite a big stash I kept for myself...It would be awesome if that oil did get duplicated!  

I'd order 10 pounds of it...

Tall Tayle just let me know if you need some oil and want to send it off.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a bunch of samples from The Candle Source and PPW was one of them, so I will be pouring a couple testers and compare it to FB. So far I tested FB, and MS with FB throwing better for me.

As for the Spicy Apples & Peaches I found RE to be the closest to TCS yet, but still searching for that one also.