Why Oh Why

franu61

Why do people stop at my booth, and stand there looking at my products,and say " I am allergic to scents"....  Why oh why do they stop?  This happened again yesterday.  As soon as she said that I sat back down, bit my tongue, and did not say another word.  

• Like 2

Lol ! Im not sure why people do alota stuff they do. Yesterday I was at a local craft fair looking around and heard a lady telling a seller " I can make that

for 1/2 the cost" OMG that was so incredibly rude. Hope you had a good day despite that :) 

• Like 2

Sure they can. But they never will. And they're not paying the taxes, the booth fee, or their time to be there. They can go suck a lemon.

when people complain about fragrance I just told him how sad I feel for them LOL. Sometimes they're just being polite and don't want to / are unable to buy something from my shop. 

• Like 4

I just use it as an opportunity to tell them about the unscented products I carry. Sometimes it works and turns into a sale for me. You can sometimes take a negative and turn it around.

But I get it. I loathe when someone picks up soap after soap sniffing each one then turns around to tell me they are allergic to fragrances. But I figure if they were interested in the soap enough to stop and check it out they could be interested in the unscented soaps/lotions I carry. who knows, they could have been looking for a scent the could tolerate or some unscented.

• Like 2

I gotta write that down... "Go suck a lemon...". That's good stuff TT and, I think it will probably be more socially acceptable than what I normally tell people...  

THIS! This is why I come here! I just love to feast on these little nuggets of wisdom.

(I know what you're think'n... Don't worry! I'm way ahead of ya. I've already got my lemon cut and salted...) 

:laugh2:

Sponiebr: The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Lol ! Im not sure why people do alota stuff they do. Yesterday I was at a local craft fair looking around and heard a lady telling a seller " I can make that

for 1/2 the cost" OMG that was so incredibly rude. Hope you had a good day despite that :) 

Again... I don't have a particularly effective filter between my mouth and my brain... I could totally see myself saying "Really? 1/2 the cost? Who are your suppliers, cause that seems a tad expensive to me... Shoo-shoo now, go suck a lemon." 

I wonder if the pool supply store would have a better filter I could install...  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

I gotta write that down... "Go suck a lemon...". That's good stuff TT and, I think it will probably be more socially acceptable than what I normally tell people...  

THIS! This is why I come here! I just love to feast on these little nuggets of wisdom.

(I know what you're think'n... Don't worry! I'm way ahead of ya. I've already got my lemon cut and salted...) 

:laugh2:

Sponiebr: The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

Omg I can only imagine what you would say ??? I have a feeling it's not socially acceptable 

by any stretch of the imagination 

????