FAVORITE Halloween / Fall Fragrance OILS

Moonstar

4 minutes ago, Beaches said:

Yes, I just usually make melts out of any leftover wax I am pouring at the time.  This one was 464, my go to for containers.  I do them in ecosoya pillar blend (I still have a stash of it), and both container and pillar palm too.  I like Lonestar's Amaretto, Ginger & Lime, Sugared Cronut, Vanilla Cardamon, and probably a few others I can't think of right now.  I also like the Lemongrass Sage, but it's not phthalate free, so I won't get that one again.  I want to try Fall Festival with RE Baked Apple HI.  Maybe I will just burn the candles together and see how that does.  Now I"m wanting to pull them out for tomorrow, but will force myself to wait.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it :) I remember you were making favors for your daughters wedding, I hope everything went well. I just love weddings ! 

Just now, Moonstar said:

Thanks so much. I appreciate it :) I remember you were making favors for your daughters wedding, I hope everything went well. I just love weddings ! 

I did do those.  Just finished a few days ago, and was able to make some candles!  I'm so sick of doing melt and pour now, and my hand is slightly sprained from dealing with pushing the soaps out of the molds she wanted.  It was the Victorian Heart mold from Milky way, and each mold only makes 3 bars.  I only have 3 of them, so had to do pretty much a batch a day until I had enough.  The wedding is still a few weeks out, but I think they turned out nice.

• Like 1

Beaches ,You said you made wax melts with 464 right ? Do these pop out of the burner ok? I always thought it may be to soft without a pillar wax added ,never tried this . I ordered some of the  new version soy 220 & 230  & will be doing a mix half & half to see how melts turn out. I use all paraffin to make my wax melts .I want to add some soy products as well. I have some bakery scents & I hear bakery scents do very well in soy wax. I think I will try some Lone Star oils  :) Do you have any favorites from Lone Star? I love Aztecs ,Maple Street ,Candlesource , Candlescience & just now received some of Natures Gardens scents. I loved Peak also ,looking forward to buying their oils from the co. that bought them out . I did receive my Peak dupes from  Maple Street  today . To my nose these all smell exactly the same as Peaks. I ordered Cranberry Oak, Old town bake shop, Ginger Peach, Autumn Walk & Holiday Festival. I will get these in the wax in the next few days & test  . My favorite Peak oils are Cranberry Oak &  Autumn Walk . I know how you feel with the pain that goes along with this adventure . I have some major neck & spine problems myself. I admire your multi pouring .I have never tried my hand at soap ,doubt I could handle the task along with the wax melts . I would like to try making bath bombs for Christmas gifts. My grand daughters love BB! I am heading to Lone Star now ,you have me curious :)

23 hours ago, GailC said:

I like the Peaches & Pumpkin Patch. It's different and not so pumpkiny. :)  

The other one is OK....maybe a good mixer.  Haven't put it in wax yet.

Boy, I got some one ounce samples I really like.  But mostly spring/summer scents for next year.  

Some fall/winter ones I got were:

Sugared Spruce - this one I like

Sweater Weather.  like the name better than the fragrance.  

Grandma's Kitchen was too cherry scented for me.  I'll stick to Millcreek's. 

Walk in the Woods is a maybe someday.

Next spring I will be ordering Cactus & Sea Salt, Citron Cedarwood, and French Lavender and Honey for sure.

I am trying to stop ordering so so much, so if a scent is just OK to me, I'm not going to order it unless I get a request for it.

Basil, Sage & Mint - OK 

Copper Coconut - Maybe?

Sultana - Nope, not for me

I love free samples and the 5 for 5 deal too!

Gail, The Grannys kitchen is the exact same as Candlesource Cinnamon toasted Almonds . I like it myself ,but love almond type scents. I love love love Aztecs Copper coconut & Sugared Spruce. I also love the Cactus & Sea salt . If you like fresh type scents Aztecs Coastal & Alpine Frost are both wonderful :) Sunny Beaches is a good one also, same as coppertone suntan oil to my nose ,nice summer scent & has some lavender notes . I am not a huge Pumpkin fan either ,just have so many customers ask for it. I have Pumpkin crunch cake Natures Garden and smells really good oob. NG Hot Orange Danish is nice for fall as well. If your looking for a super strong fall bakery scent Candlewics Gingerbread spice cake is a super strong thrower .I am trying not to order any more oils myself until Black Friday sale ,doubt I will make it thou . I just received some of Peaks dupes from Maple street ,smell good oob . I am excited Keystone will be offering Peaks oils . My favs are Cranberry Oak & Autumn Walk. I look forward to the Black Friday sales from many vendors :) 

@katmeltswax, you sound like me!  I have vowed not to buy any more fragrance oil until the Black Friday sales....or I need more wax, which may come first. :)

I do make a lot of various Pumpkin scented candles, because that is what customers want the most right now.....and Cinnamon.  I'm just tired of Pumpkin, that's why I like the Peaches & Pumpkin Patch.  

I like a lot of Candlewic's FO's.  Haven't tried the Gingerbread Spice cake, because I have 2 Gingerbreads already and don't care for either of them.  They didn't sell well either.  I just combined some gingerbread with CS Pumpkin Souffle and made Pumpkin Gingerbread candles.  I think those will sell because Pumpkin Souffle basically drowns out every other fragrance you combine it with. :)

I have Hot Orange Danish from NG,  that is one of my DIL's favorites.  

Thanks for the recommendations from Aztec.  I will keep them in mind for later.  I have more oils from Aztec and Nature's Garden than anywhere else, but Candlewic and Fragrance Buddy aren't far behind. :)  Boy, my vendor list has really grown in the past couple of years!

Edited by GailC

So, just throw my two cents in about favorite fall/Halloween fragrances. In the past I’ve used Backwoods honey gingerbread but that was the only scent from them I used. So this year I tested Fillmore’s Nutmeg + Ginger and it has been a great seller for me! I did not change the name at all and I feel it helped because it did not put a specific season to the scent even though it’s technically apart of my holiday collection. 

1 hour ago, GailC said:

@katmeltswax, you sound like me!  I have vowed not to buy any more fragrance oil until the Black Friday sales....or I need more wax, which may come first. :)

I do make a lot of various Pumpkin scented candles, because that is what customers want the most right now.....and Cinnamon.  I'm just tired of Pumpkin, that's why I like the Peaches & Pumpkin Patch.  

I like a lot of Candlewic's FO's.  Haven't tried the Gingerbread Spice cake, because I have 2 Gingerbreads already and don't care for either of them.  They didn't sell well either.  I just combined some gingerbread with CS Pumpkin Souffle and made Pumpkin Gingerbread candles.  I think those will sell because Pumpkin Souffle basically drowns out every other fragrance you combine it with. :)

I have Hot Orange Danish from NG,  that is one of my DIL's favorites.  

Thanks for the recommendations from Aztec.  I will keep them in mind for later.  I have more oils from Aztec and Nature's Garden than anywhere else, but Candlewic and Fragrance Buddy aren't far behind. :)  Boy, my vendor list has really grown in the past couple of years!

Gail , I am in trouble this morning . I just ordered Aztecs new scent Cinnamon Peppermint Crème ,sounds so good :)

I cannot seem to help myself ,due to the great Intro prices . I think the scent notes in this one sound like a perfect fall winter scent . I am excited about this one :)

I like Candlewics Gingerbread Spice cake & not a big gingerbread fan either .It has a spice cake type aroma with drizzled icing ,great for fall .It is a very spicy and super strong scent .I have mixed CW GB spice cake with Pumpkin Crunch cake Ng ,smells really nice . I love to blend oils to come up with some unique scents. I am going to have to stop with the oils also ,look forward to the BF sales ,great deals & worth the wait. I want to let you know Candlewics Wild Maine Blueberry is Fabulous  . It is great alone & perfect for mixing .I mix 50-50 with Candlescience  Blue Spruce. The combo makes a beautiful Christmas scent ,go so well together. I will stop enabling ,just thought I would let you know about the new Aztec scent .. I can send you a sample of CW Gingerbread Spice cake if you want you to try it :) 

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail , I am in trouble this morning . I just ordered Aztecs new scent Cinnamon Peppermint Crème ,sounds so good :)

I cannot seem to help myself ,due to the great Intro prices . I think the scent notes in this one sound like a perfect fall winter scent . I am excited about this one :)

I like Candlewics Gingerbread Spice cake & not a big gingerbread fan either .It has a spice cake type aroma with drizzled icing ,great for fall .It is a very spicy and super strong scent .I have mixed CW GB spice cake with Pumpkin Crunch cake Ng ,smells really nice . I love to blend oils to come up with some unique scents. I am going to have to stop with the oils also ,look forward to the BF sales ,great deals & worth the wait. I want to let you know Candlewics Wild Maine Blueberry is Fabulous  . It is great alone & perfect for mixing .I mix 50-50 with Candlescience  Blue Spruce. The combo makes a beautiful Christmas scent ,go so well together. I will stop enabling ,just thought I would let you know about the new Aztec scent .. I can send you a sample of CW Gingerbread Spice cake if you want you to try it :) 

Yes! You need to stop enabling!! :)  I had to find out the bitter truth.  I just counted on all my invoices, and I have bought 33 sixteen ounce bottles of fragrance oil in the past two months.  I ran out of room in my one cabinet, so now have oils in my closet and my bedroom on shelves I found to stash them.  I'm afraid to count how many I bought in June and July. :)

I still have two Blueberry Cobblers from other companies so I will hold off on Candlewic's but I do get my wax from them, and need some more Pumpkin Chai, so when I order I might get a free sample of the Gingerbread Spice Cake.  Thanks for offering to send me a sample though.  

I am starting to blend more and it is a good way to use up a little FO left in a bottle.  I had a little Butter Pecan so blended it with Cinnamon Stick and called it Cinnamon Pecan.  That's not very adventurous, but I may get more creative as time goes by.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2017 at 7:48 PM, katmeltswax said:

Beaches ,You said you made wax melts with 464 right ? Do these pop out of the burner ok? I always thought it may be to soft without a pillar wax added ,never tried this . I ordered some of the  new version soy 220 & 230  & will be doing a mix half & half to see how melts turn out. I use all paraffin to make my wax melts .I want to add some soy products as well. I have some bakery scents & I hear bakery scents do very well in soy wax. I think I will try some Lone Star oils  :) Do you have any favorites from Lone Star? I love Aztecs ,Maple Street ,Candlesource , Candlescience & just now received some of Natures Gardens scents. I loved Peak also ,looking forward to buying their oils from the co. that bought them out . I did receive my Peak dupes from  Maple Street  today . To my nose these all smell exactly the same as Peaks. I ordered Cranberry Oak, Old town bake shop, Ginger Peach, Autumn Walk & Holiday Festival. I will get these in the wax in the next few days & test  . My favorite Peak oils are Cranberry Oak &  Autumn Walk . I know how you feel with the pain that goes along with this adventure . I have some major neck & spine problems myself. I admire your multi pouring .I have never tried my hand at soap ,doubt I could handle the task along with the wax melts . I would like to try making bath bombs for Christmas gifts. My grand daughters love BB! I am heading to Lone Star now ,you have me curious :)

Yes, I do use 464 often for melts, because if I have a bit left from candle pouring, I make melts from it.  i usually do not concern myself with anything about them because i don't sell. But to Answer  your question, I put cotton balls in the melter and turn it off.  I then scoop the wax balls out and stuff them in paper towel holders for fire starters..  I never bought much from Peak.

Edited by Beaches

Gail - you were SO RIGHT about Leaves. I went back and ordered a pound. 

Also - the Aztec Cinnamon Peppermint Creme is really nice OOB and from cold throw. It's got some curing time left before I can burn but I have really high hopes. 

I think someone mentioned Santa's Pipe from WSP (I know that's more holiday and halloween) - but I hate it! Hoping once it cures it'll be better but I could barely stand pouring it. 

Pumpkins - I have now tried Aztec Pumpkin Souffle, Aztec Pumpkin Spice, CS Toasted Pumpkin Spice and I just can't do any of them...I'm just broken I suppose, I don't like pumpkin scents. 

Oh my, you said you hate Santa's Pipe Jbradshaw......Oh no...I was thinking of ordering a pound of it I love it so much from sniffing the bottle.  I definitely pickup the cherry and other things in the pipe and also the tobacco and i love i.   But now I'm nervous to even buy a bottle of it after you said it is horrible.:shocked2:   What is it that you don't like about it....?    Did you put it in wax  or was that based on sniffing the bottle?   Darn.....

Trappeur

I don't feel so alone now with the Pumkin scents.I have the worse luck with Pumpkin scents.I do love Pumpkin pecan Waffle and performs great in wax melts ,however all other pumpkin scents just do not seem to perform very well for me.I have Candlescience famous p souffle and p pie .I have tried all of Aztecs pumpkin scents.Maybe I will try Peaks pumpkins as soon as keystone starts offering the oils. I need a few good pumpkins for wax melts to work out ,it is so popular during fall.I do like Aztecs new Cinn Peppermint creme ,reminds me of minty egg nog .It is very unique .

4 hours ago, jbradshaw said:

Also - the Aztec Cinnamon Peppermint Creme is really nice OOB and from cold throw. It's got some curing time left before I can burn but I have really high hopes. 

I think someone mentioned Santa's Pipe from WSP (I know that's more holiday and halloween) - but I hate it! Hoping once it cures it'll be better but I could barely stand pouring it. 

Pumpkins - I have now tried Aztec Pumpkin Souffle, Aztec Pumpkin Spice, CS Toasted Pumpkin Spice and I just can't do any of them...I'm just broken I suppose, I don't like pumpkin scents. 

5 hours ago, jbradshaw said:

I made some more Leaves today....I believe it is my new favorite fragrance.  The CT is even good.

I'm like you....I believe I mentioned I was sick of Pumpkin.  But boy, customers certainly aren't.  I blended some Pumpkin Souffle with Gingerbread and a little cake and several family members who were here last night liked it.

I'm thinking about blending some kind of Pumpkin with Caramel next.

If Pumpkin is mixed with something else, I like it better. I do like the Peaches & Pumpkin Patch from Aztec, but haven't burned it yet.

What type of cake scent did you use ? If you don't mind me asking.I  may need to try blending pumpkins to get a good scent. I am going to mix Aztecs bluberry pumpkin patch with Candlewics Wild Maine Bluberry and see how it turns out.The WMB is a wonderful scent and strong ,may add a bit of cinnamon as well.

Gail you said you were going to mix pumpkin with caramel?

I dont know if you order from CS but my NEW favorite scent from them is Pumpkin Caramel Crunch.  After a 5 day cure (I got itchy) it was unbelievable....What a throw and so delicious!

I ordered another pound of it today.  I can send you some if you want

Trappeur

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

What type of cake scent did you use ? If you don't mind me asking.I  may need to try blending pumpkins to get a good scent. I am going to mix Aztecs bluberry pumpkin patch with Candlewics Wild Maine Bluberry and see how it turns out.The WMB is a wonderful scent and strong ,may add a bit of cinnamon as well.

I used CS cake...just about 1/5 of the total FO blend.  I don't know if it made much difference, but I thought the pumpkin souffle and gingerbread was so spicy, it needed a little sweetening.  Vanilla would probably be just as good.

I named it the obvious, Pumpkin Gingerbread.  :)

• Like 1

Just now, Trappeur said:

Gail you said you were going to mix pumpkin with caramel?

I dont know if you order from CS but my NEW favorite scent from them is Pumpkin Caramel Crunch.  After a 5 day cure (I got itchy) it was unbelievable....What a throw and so delicious!

I ordered another pound of it today.  I can send you some if you want

Trappeur

I have a sample of Pumpkin Caramel Crunch.  Forgot I even had it, but smelled it today and it smelled so good, that's what made me think about blending Pumpkin with caramel.  I am trying my best not to order any more FO's for awhile, after I made a list and realized it had grown by almost 100 in the past few months to 206 fragrance oils, not even counting 1 and 2 oz samples!

Thanks for the offer though!

6 minutes ago, jackbenimble said:

Testing Toasted Pumpkin Spice from CS today. 464 soy with a 12 day cure and pretty decent already in the living room. I’m just testing for fun. Atlanta just doesn’t get into Pumpkin scents at all. Lol! 

That's interesting because here in central Indiana, that's about all customers want, that and anything Cinnamon.

What does Atlanta get into?

5 minutes ago, GailC said:

That's interesting because here in central Indiana, that's about all customers want, that and anything Cinnamon.

What does Atlanta get into?

More fresh/ citrus scents over all. Unique combinations. During fall/ Holiday I sell a lot of Nutmeg + Ginger and Coffee Shoppe. Those are my only 2 “food” type scents. Lots and Balsam and balsam blends. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jackbenimble said:

More fresh/ citrus scents over all. Unique combinations. During fall/ Holiday I sell a lot of Nutmeg + Ginger and Coffee Shoppe. Those are my only 2 “food” type scents. Lots and Balsam and balsam blends. 

I understand how that goes Paul.  Atlanta is an uptown city.  Caters to a different crowd, so I understand why you have a different clientelle.

I have a store in Blue Ridge that is like an Atlanta shop.  She does all the upscale scents in fresh/spa/citrus and wine scents.

We did try putting some different scents like chocolate bon bons, pumpkiin and  pecan waffles and salted caramel but it just didn't work for her.

Now she has candles burning everyday and she herself doesn't care for a baking scent so these scents she didn't really burn those scents.  Oh she sold a few but not like the other scents which she likes herself and promotes.

Now if you go right across the street from her shop there is a shop that is country and wanted just those type scents ie baking, spicy that type.  Those scents would have been so apropriate for that shop.    And I know they would have sold, but I had to turn that account away as I told the other shop owner I wouldn't sell to another shop in the town offering her scents as they have all been renamed and it makes her special with the jars and scents that I make up for her.  Realistically, I could have sold them to that shop, as I would have a completely different jar and different scents and I never promised her an exclusive for candles in this downtown area .....only certain jars and scents...I just wouldn't feel right and especially right across the street from my account and she keeps me busy.

I believe shops decor can dictate what type product you bring in such as the ones that I have.

Now another account which is a huge apple orchard account and which is only right down the road from this other account I have you would think they would sell just the down home country type scents only, but they sell anything and everything in scents from baking to spa.  Now this is an exception to the rule.  But they have the Atlanta crowd that have second weekend homes, lodges and cabins up here that come to the orchard house.  They have tour buses that come from Atlanta to this store carrying thousands of people who come up here specifically for that reason to shop there. 

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

On 10/1/2017 at 2:59 PM, Trappeur said:

Oh my, you said you hate Santa's Pipe Jbradshaw......Oh no...I was thinking of ordering a pound of it I love it so much from sniffing the bottle.  I definitely pickup the cherry and other things in the pipe and also the tobacco and i love i.   But now I'm nervous to even buy a bottle of it after you said it is horrible.:shocked2:   What is it that you don't like about it....?    Did you put it in wax  or was that based on sniffing the bottle?   Darn.....

Trappeur

I hated it OOB but put it in wax - it's better in the wax but it's a bit sickly sweet for me. I'm hoping it will mellow as it cures, and I'll still probably see if my normal 'testers' like the scent. 

I'm about to order some Pumpkin Caramel Crunch - the Toasted Pumpkin Spice from CS has really grown on me lately...I blended it with Aztec's coffee and man oh man is that nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 4:54 PM, Beaches said:

I had 2  one ounce bottles of Fall Festival from the last Lone Star ounce sale.  I was on the fence about them, because their reviews of it are great, but oob I smelled a faint rotten apple scent and not much else.  I went ahead and used them, and added a half ounce of cinnamon to it.  I used 2 lbs of 464 and made 3 little 6 ounce candles and the rest in melts. This was 4 days ago.  As I poured them, I still was not very impressed.  Yesterday I sniffed one of the melts, and it did smell pretty good.  i never do this, but I put it in the melter.  Normally I cure my stuff for months.  That melt had a powerful throw, and it smelled great!  What a surprise, this never happens for me.  I generally know if I don't care for something in the bottle, it's a waste of wax to try to use it.  Not this time.  Now I can't wait to burn the candles, but I think I will give them another week or so.  The scent reminds me of walking in a store that is selling fall candles.  I will have to get more of this one.

I'm burning the candles and they are awesome.  Great throw, great scent.  

• Thanks 1

I just got NG's version of Witches Brew for the fall... I like it, BUT, it smells really sweet. Just like their Sweet Patchouli. Like, exactly like their Sweet Patchouli. Maybe a hint of citrus with it, but I'm not getting well rounded blend like I was expecting. Now, I've never smelled the Yankee original, so I'm not sure if my expectations are too high? 

Would it be worth it to order from another company? I know WSP and Flaming have versions that are mentioned highly on these boards, are they significantly better?