FAVORITE Halloween / Fall Fragrance OILS

Moonstar

40 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

I'm test burning Aztec's Sweet potato brown sugar and it's AMAZING. I'm not a foodie/bakery scent person but I can't get enough of this. The cold throw is so strong that it fills my bathroom if I keep the lid off. 

I have some of Aztec's Leaves and I wasn't impressed (I love the BBW candle it's a dupe for) - but maybe I'll pour it and see what it's like. 

I gave a Leaves candle to my daughter today and she even liked it; that's saying something because she usually only likes Cinnamon.

24 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Any other good ones I should try since I'm getting SPB ? I've never ordered from Aztec 

Oh Aztec has a bunch of good ones! IMO anyway.

There is a lady on this forum who orders from Aztec all the time and she's the one who first convinced me to try Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar. I want to say it's Goldie, but it's been awhile.  

These are some I especially like :

Applejack & Peel

Caramel Pecan Pie

Leaves

Victorian Christmas

Squirrelly Nut

For Spring/Summer I love:

Bayside Marina 

Cantaloupe & Lily - Favorite!!

Citrus Fantasy

Other good ones though not necessarily my personal favorites are Creme Brulee, Mistletoe Kiss, Georgia Peach, Forever Red, Vermont Honey Apple, Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow, Mulberry and Orange Blossom.  

I don't think I've come across any that are weak in GW444.

38 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

I love their Tobacco, Cozy Cabin, Citron Cedarwood (my #1 bestseller - people are obsessed), and Cider Lane. Pumpkin Souffle has great hot and cold throw - I don't like pumpkin scents though, maybe they'll grow on me. But it's true to what it says, and throws well. 

Thank you :) citron cedar hugh ?

wow that sounds interesting I'll 

have to try that one. I don't have much luck with ciders they seem weak so maybe I'll try this one. 

Ive never tried Tobacco either 

I was on BB earlier and was 

thinking about pumpkin & brown sugar - Chipolte Caramel - sandalwood vanilla - Spiced Red Tea - tobacco & bay leaf - fresh bamboo - and ginger patchouli had a lot of great reviews . I don't like patchouli & it was described as a perfect one for those that don't like it 😊

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Any other good ones I should try since I'm getting SPB ? I've never ordered from Aztec 

Pink Lilac and Willow, Sweet Winterberry, SoCal Hollister for men (light but a great manly scent) Duck Farts (yes, I change the name, but it's a good water scent) Volcano Cabri Blue, Froot Loops... 

There are others, but these are the ones I have tried and really like. Oh but mind you, these were all put into soaps, not wax. And for once, all except the duck farts were done stand alone and not in some sort of mix. (I mixed the DF with about 3 other water scents and had to rebatch it was such a mess!! LOL) 

• Thanks 1

I missed where you asked for Fall/Winter scents (yes, even though it's IN THE NAME of the thread!! LOL) 

2 hours ago, GailC said:

Other good ones though not necessarily my personal favorites are ... Forever Red, Vermont Honey Apple, ... 

I love these 2 but in soap... I did mix the Vermont Honey Apple with 3 other honey fragrances though, and that might be why I like that one so much. 

Also, I love their Cinnamon Vanilla. It's a family favorite, and I sell a ton of candles in this scent at my craft shows every year. I even took one of those to my boss in Guernsey when I went on my business trip and just yesterday he told me I needed to figure out a way to send him more because it's been gone for a LONG time, and he wants at least 5 more of them. LOL 

I don't even want to think of how much it would cost me to send something over there to him though, so he said I need to sneak them in with a company post. LMAO 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

I love anything pumpkin for fall.  Dirty Little Secret:  I probably have a dozen or so different variations on pumpkin in my fo stash.  LOL  As the post mistress on Lark Rise says, "It's my ONE weakness."

I used to like pumpkin....but I'm so tired of it.  Except I love, love, love Spiced pumpkin Latte from RE.  Maybe because I don't smell much pumpkin. :)

Did you see the two new pumpkins Aztec has at an introductory price?  I ordered both of them. Trying to find a pumpkin I like.   Pumpkin Souffle from CS burned me out I guess.

Let's see, besides Pumpkin Souffle,  I also have Pumpkin Spice, Granny's Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Cupcake and Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow. Oh and Pumpkin Pecan Waffle...now that one I love. Soon I'll also have Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Peaches & Pumpkin Patch, which sounds intriguing.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

Oooh, I'd like to get my hands on a good PPW.  I tested one from TN once and loved it.  Alas, shortly after I tested it, they went out of business.  LOL

I used Cierra Candles PPW first and now I have most of a bottle of Tennessee's.

I got a sample of Candlewic's Pumpkin Pancake, and it smells oh so good OOB.  About the same as PPW and nice and strong.

Okay Moonstar...here we go

BCN Autumn Leaves

BCN Hayride

BCN All Hallows Eve

Fillmore Nutmeg and Ginger

NG Autumn Wreath

CS Cranberry Apple Marmalade

TCS Dried Apple Wreath

ICS Spiced Cranberry

MW Fall Festival

JS Apple Pumpkin Strudel

TCS This Old Home

AH Rustic Lodge

NG Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti

DS Pumpkin Spice Cupcake

BW Pumpkin Gingerbread

JS Pumpkin Spice Latte

JS Pumpkin Blueberry

AH Kickin Caramel

JS or NG Caramel Apple

AH Salted Caramel Popcorn

Aztec Tobacco

Candy Corn (whatever your favorite is)

Mulled Cider or some cider scent

Aztec Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar

Southern Scentsations Zucchini Bread

JS Cornbread Muffins

CS Pomegranate Cider

AH Bonfire Bliss

AH Spicy Apples and Peaches

BW Gingerbread Latte

BW Honey Gingerbread

Apple Pie or Apple Pie Spice (AH, ICS, WSP, etc)

AH Amish Quilt

AH Celtic Moonspice (kinda close to Amish Quilt, if I remember correctly)

JS Pumpkin Pie Spice

Gingerbread (still haven't found "THE" gingerbread yet)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CS Toasted Pumpkin Spice

CS Apple Harvest

CS Candied Apple

CS Cinnamon and Vanilla

CS Macintosh Apple

RE Autumn Spice

RE Pumpkin Creme Brulee

RE Falling Leaves (smells like a strong earl grey tea to me)

RE Sweet Potato Spice

RE Coffee House

Flaming's Irish Cream Coffee

Flaming's Witches Brew

Flaming's Autumn Night

Candlewic Apple Cider Donut

EBB Sweet Pumpkin

Peak's (soon to be Keystone's, I hope) Pumpkin Honey Chai

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:51 PM, Crafty1_AJ said:

Oooh, I'd like to get my hands on a good PPW.  I tested one from TN once and loved it.  Alas, shortly after I tested it, they went out of business.  LOL

Maple Street has a great PPW . I have tried many vendors to try & replace TCS version & settled on Maple Streets . It is the actual BBW version . It has been the best match I could find thus far & very Happy with MS .I have heard good reviews on FB version too :)

On 7/31/2017 at 10:09 AM, lumoscandles said:

Peak's Tahitian Village was renamed from Tobacco Caramel originally, so if you have smelled Tahitian Village the Tobacco Caramel from BC is probably very similar. It does have tobacco notes and some sweetness but not overpowering. It's more of a really nice, warm blend of a lot of different notes. 

Lumos Candles, I'm a Harry Potter fanatic too! I even dressed up like him for Halloween a couple of years. I'll probably be him again this year if we get to dress up at work. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail , I also ordered the new Aztec Pumpkin scents .The introductory price for 1 lb bottles are great :) I have high hopes for these scents. I should receive mine today .I will post results. LOVE Aztec's deals & fragrances for my wax melts :)

My Aztec order came yesterday or today but I'm not home to smell all my new FO's and samples. 😔

On a weekend trip with my sister. 

But I'll have something to look forward to when I get home. Yay!

and this order is going to have to satisfy my addiction for awhile. No more FO's!!!!!!!  Until Black Friday sales at least. 😊 Or I need more wax. 😊 

• Like 1

Gail ,I tried my new pumpkins from Aztec.I doubt I will be adding these to my fragrange line.If you get a chance ,let me know how these turn out for you.Disappointed and not what I expected.Oh well I do love Aztecs and cannot expect to like every scent right .I will look for the correct place here to put these 2 one pound bottles for sale at half price .I think someone may like them $10 for both bottles and $6.95 postage .I look forward to your opinion 😁

On 9/18/2017 at 11:24 AM, katmeltswax said:

Gail ,I tried my new pumpkins from Aztec.I doubt I will be adding these to my fragrange line.If you get a chance ,let me know how these turn out for you.Disappointed and not what I expected.Oh well I do love Aztecs and cannot expect to like every scent right .I will look for the correct place here to put these 2 one pound bottles for sale at half price .I think someone may like them $10 for both bottles and $6.95 postage .I look forward to your opinion 😁

I like the Peaches & Pumpkin Patch. It's different and not so pumpkiny. :)  

The other one is OK....maybe a good mixer.  Haven't put it in wax yet.

Boy, I got some one ounce samples I really like.  But mostly spring/summer scents for next year.  

Some fall/winter ones I got were:

Sugared Spruce - this one I like

Sweater Weather.  like the name better than the fragrance.  

Grandma's Kitchen was too cherry scented for me.  I'll stick to Millcreek's. 

Walk in the Woods is a maybe someday.

Next spring I will be ordering Cactus & Sea Salt, Citron Cedarwood, and French Lavender and Honey for sure.

I am trying to stop ordering so so much, so if a scent is just OK to me, I'm not going to order it unless I get a request for it.

Basil, Sage & Mint - OK 

Copper Coconut - Maybe?

Sultana - Nope, not for me

I love free samples and the 5 for 5 deal too!

Edited by GailC

I had 2  one ounce bottles of Fall Festival from the last Lone Star ounce sale.  I was on the fence about them, because their reviews of it are great, but oob I smelled a faint rotten apple scent and not much else.  I went ahead and used them, and added a half ounce of cinnamon to it.  I used 2 lbs of 464 and made 3 little 6 ounce candles and the rest in melts. This was 4 days ago.  As I poured them, I still was not very impressed.  Yesterday I sniffed one of the melts, and it did smell pretty good.  i never do this, but I put it in the melter.  Normally I cure my stuff for months.  That melt had a powerful throw, and it smelled great!  What a surprise, this never happens for me.  I generally know if I don't care for something in the bottle, it's a waste of wax to try to use it.  Not this time.  Now I can't wait to burn the candles, but I think I will give them another week or so.  The scent reminds me of walking in a store that is selling fall candles.  I will have to get more of this one.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Beaches said:

I had 2  one ounce bottles of Fall Festival from the last Lone Star ounce sale.  I was on the fence about them, because their reviews of it are great, but oob I smelled a faint rotten apple scent and not much else.  I went ahead and used them, and added a half ounce of cinnamon to it.  I used 2 lbs of 464 and made 3 little 6 ounce candles and the rest in melts. This was 4 days ago.  As I poured them, I still was not very impressed.  Yesterday I sniffed one of the melts, and it did smell pretty good.  i never do this, but I put it in the melter.  Normally I cure my stuff for months.  That melt had a powerful throw, and it smelled great!  What a surprise, this never happens for me.  I generally know if I don't care for something in the bottle, it's a waste of wax to try to use it.  Not this time.  Now I can't wait to burn the candles, but I think I will give them another week or so.  The scent reminds me of walking in a store that is selling fall candles.  I will have to get more of this one.

Wow ! This is good to know :) So the melts you just use 464 ? interesting. I was thinking of playing around with some 1+2 oz bottles I'll have to do a apple/cinnamon

blend. I have CS Macintosh + Harvest apple + CS Cinnamon Stix. I also have CS Cinnamon Vanilla but to my nose it doesn't smell as strong as the plain cinnamon styx

Now Im itching to get Fall Festival lol ! While Im there anything else that was good from the sale. Im getting some of their liquid anyhow. Im curious to hear if the candle

has the same results as the melt. Sometimes I find wicks change the FO especially in chocolates or brownie :( 

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Wow ! This is good to know :) So the melts you just use 464 ? interesting. I was thinking of playing around with some 1+2 oz bottles I'll have to do a apple/cinnamon

blend. I have CS Macintosh + Harvest apple + CS Cinnamon Stix. I also have CS Cinnamon Vanilla but to my nose it doesn't smell as strong as the plain cinnamon styx

Now Im itching to get Fall Festival lol ! While Im there anything else that was good from the sale. Im getting some of their liquid anyhow. Im curious to hear if the candle

has the same results as the melt. Sometimes I find wicks change the FO especially in chocolates or brownie :( 

Yes, I just usually make melts out of any leftover wax I am pouring at the time.  This one was 464, my go to for containers.  I do them in ecosoya pillar blend (I still have a stash of it), and both container and pillar palm too.  I like Lonestar's Amaretto, Ginger & Lime, Sugared Cronut, Vanilla Cardamon, and probably a few others I can't think of right now.  I also like the Lemongrass Sage, but it's not phthalate free, so I won't get that one again.  I want to try Fall Festival with RE Baked Apple HI.  Maybe I will just burn the candles together and see how that does.  Now I"m wanting to pull them out for tomorrow, but will force myself to wait.

• Like 1