FAVORITE Halloween / Fall Fragrance OILS

Moonstar

Im sorry if Im asking a question thats been asked before but I can't find old posts about it. Anyone tried BC All Hallows Eve before ? What are your favorite

Fall/Halloween Fragrance oils ? I think someone has mentioned that NG has a good Halloween one but I can't find that old post. How bout Candy Corn 

any favorite suppliers on that one ?

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

Another one I just noticed on BC was Tobacco Caramel. Anyone tried this one. Ive never used a Tobacco FO - Does it  actually smell like tobacco or the

tobacco flower - which is super nice . Seems like an odd combo but I'll wait till someone chimes in .

These are my favorite kind of scents and I've been pouring Halloween votives for the past 2 weeks.  But......pretty much all I'm pouring are discontinued ones that I'm finishing up my last few ounces of each to be done with them:

Mr. Missy's Falling Leaves

JS Pumpkin Patchouli

Moonworks Gaia

Mr. Missy's Snow Flurry

BCN / Bubbles n Lights Hayride

Scent Works Apple something

I have a few more cued up to get poured next:

Peak Amish Harvest

Green Leaf Pumpkin Harvest

Candle Science Apples & Maple Bourbon

Candlemaker;s Store Caramel Apple (this one hasn't turned bad like Absinthe I bought from there)

Is BCN's All Hallows Eve one of those orange + clove blends?  I loooooove those but I've always gotten a fuel smell from them.  :(

I'm on the lookout for a good absinthe, if anybody can recommend one.

Edited by Darbla
typo
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Darbla said:

These are my favorite kind of scents and I've been pouring Halloween votives for the past 2 weeks.  But......pretty much all I'm pouring are discontinued ones that I'm finishing up my last few ounces of each to be done with them:

Mr. Missy's Falling Leaves

JS Pumpkin Patchouli

Moonworks Gaia

Mr. Missy's Snow Flurry

BCN / Bubbles n Lights Hayride

Scent Works Apple something

I have a few more cued up to get poured next:

Peak Amish Harvest

Green Leaf Pumpkin Harvest

Candle Science Apples & Maple Bourbon

Candlemaker;s Store Caramel Apple (this one hasn't turned bad like Absinthe I bought from there)

Is BCN's All Hallows Eve one of those orange + clove blends?  I loooooove those but I've always gotten a fuel smell from them.  :(

I'm on the lookout for a good absinthe, if anybody can recommend one.

Ive never personally used it but heres a link. It has a lot of good reviews. Youv'e had FO from CMS go bad ?

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/absinthe-fragrance-oil

I love All Hallows eve from Bitter creek North! ICS used to carry it and it was great too but she quit selling it.

Flaming has tobacco caramel but I've never smelled BC before.

Some of my favorites are

Cierra-Harvest pumpkin

FB or Aztec-Pumpkin vanilla marshmallow 

RE-pumpkin pie spice

CS pumpkin pie

Fb-perfect pumpkin pie

FB-sweet cinnamon pumpkin

Fb-Cinnamon sugared doughtnuts

FB-Pumpkin sugared doughnuts

FB-pumpkin spiced cheesecake

FB-spiced pumpkin cider

TCS-the great pumpkin

Cs-pumpkin soufflée 

NG or Wellington-Pumpkin crunch cake

NG-Pumpkin apple butter

CS-Banana nut bread

Fb-Harvest gathering

CW-whipped pumpkin pie

CW-pumpkin ginger strusel 

I don't care for Pumpkin Pecan Waffles but it's popular and I like the one from FB 

Salted Caramel Corn-RE or FB have good ones and so does CS. I love the one from Tennessee called salted caramel corn so I may have to add some SC to one of those others.

Candy corn eludes me so I'm going to mix my own

Re-sweet potato spice

• Like 2

On 7/29/2017 at 8:53 AM, Moonstar said:

Another one I just noticed on BC was Tobacco Caramel. Anyone tried this one. Ive never used a Tobacco FO - Does it  actually smell like tobacco or the

tobacco flower - which is super nice . Seems like an odd combo but I'll wait till someone chimes in .

Peak's Tahitian Village was renamed from Tobacco Caramel originally, so if you have smelled Tahitian Village the Tobacco Caramel from BC is probably very similar. It does have tobacco notes and some sweetness but not overpowering. It's more of a really nice, warm blend of a lot of different notes. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Patchouli patchouli patchouli and more patchouli!  I love it in the Fall, could take it or leave it the rest of the year 

WSP witches brew is one of my favorites 

I also like FC nutmeg ginger, peak Amish harvest, CS  red Mac Apple and CS hazelnut vanilla 

a few new ones I need to pour I think I will love also are blood orange patchouli daystar and flamings bourbon soaked raisins  

I too like Fillmores Nutmeg/Ginger, CS Mac Apple and Hazelnut Vanilla.

Flamings Bourbon Soaked Raisins is awesome!!  I did this as a blend last year for an account which she named Drunken Pumpkin.....kinda weird but was an instant winner/seller immediately.  I mixed it with CS Pumpkin Pie and added a splash of Flamings Bourbon to it....Really nice...

Even if you don't use it as a blender it is wonderful all by itself the Bourbon Soaked Raisins.

Trappeur

• Like 2

8 hours ago, so-soy said:

The tobacco Carmel from bcn smells the same as the one from Flaming, but I think I liked the Flaming better for some reason. 

Flamings Tobacco Caramel I sell and it does very well, though I'm not a lover of this type of scent, but I make.

Now I got a sample from WSP called Santas Pipe and all I can say is wow.....is this ever nice!   And I'm not into tobaccos.  You definitely have the sweetness going on in this fragrance and that's probably why I like it as I love baking and sweet things.  I need to check out the price for a pound of this in order to sell to some accounts and if it is one of the expensive ones, I don't think I could sell it.  I'll be putting in wax today and will advise my findings when cured.

Trappeur

• Like 2

I poured some Aztec Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar yesterday for the first time this season,  and oh my goodness, that stuff smells good!  It beats out any Pumpkin scent I have, in my opinion.  

The A/C checkup guy loved the smell and so did the wheelchair repair guy.  In fact, he ended up buying one, but I made him promise not to burn it for at least a week. :) He also wanted something cinnamon so bought a Cinnabon candle.

I'm also loving RE's Spiced Pumpkin Latte right now.  New for me this year.

Aztec's Leaves is turning out to be very popular.  I had it last year and didn't even make any. My friend bought a candle and was raving over the scent.  She said the name,  'Leaves' didn't do it justice. It should be 'Heaven' or something, so I said Almost Heaven.  Think I'll make some kind of blend and call it 'Almost Heaven'....if I can achieve a smell that good. :)

Those are just 3 of my long long list of fall FO's I'm using this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Flamings Tobacco Caramel I sell and it does very well, though I'm not a lover of this type of scent, but I make.

Now I got a sample from WSP called Santas Pipe and all I can say is wow.....is this ever nice!   And I'm not into tobaccos.  You definitely have the sweetness going on in this fragrance and that's probably why I like it as I love baking and sweet things.  I need to check out the price for a pound of this in order to sell to some accounts and if it is one of the expensive ones, I don't think I could sell it.  I'll be putting in wax today and will advise my findings when cured.

Trappeur

Just checked ,Santas pipe its $19.95 lb . Ive never tried any of these type of scents. Forgot to add, from what I understand BA carries Lebermuth oils.

I verified this with Lebermuth. I can't say with any certainty that all are lebermuth but I think many are. 

Edited by Moonstar

If you like patchouli NG Bitches Brew is kinda like Yankees Witches Brew. And the Berry Bewitching Brew has a bit of sweetness to it. My itty bitty group of testers love them. I used Palm Wax and made a purple/blue color (I normally don't use color) and it makes a cute Halloween melt kinda has hints of almost midnight blue sparkles. I'm sure it would look nice in candles. I haven't gotten that far yet :)

Edited by mao

21 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Just checked ,Santas pipe its $19.95 lb . Ive never tried any of these type of scents. Forgot to add, from what I understand BA carries Lebermuth oils.

I verified this with Lebermuth. I can't say with any certainty that all are lebermuth but I think many are. 

Oh thankyou Moonstar....and that's great because all my candles I make and sell, my costs are based on oil being 20.00 a pound...so this is perfect.

Trappeur

On 9/13/2017 at 9:56 AM, GailC said:

I poured some Aztec Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar yesterday for the first time this season,  and oh my goodness, that stuff smells good!  It beats out any Pumpkin scent I have, in my opinion.  

The A/C checkup guy loved the smell and so did the wheelchair repair guy.  In fact, he ended up buying one, but I made him promise not to burn it for at least a week. :) He also wanted something cinnamon so bought a Cinnabon candle.

I'm also loving RE's Spiced Pumpkin Latte right now.  New for me this year.

Aztec's Leaves is turning out to be very popular.  I had it last year and didn't even make any. My friend bought a candle and was raving over the scent.  She said the name,  'Leaves' didn't do it justice. It should be 'Heaven' or something, so I said Almost Heaven.  Think I'll make some kind of blend and call it 'Almost Heaven'....if I can achieve a smell that good. :)

Those are just 3 of my long long list of fall FO's I'm using this season.

I'm test burning Aztec's Sweet potato brown sugar and it's AMAZING. I'm not a foodie/bakery scent person but I can't get enough of this. The cold throw is so strong that it fills my bathroom if I keep the lid off. 

I have some of Aztec's Leaves and I wasn't impressed (I love the BBW candle it's a dupe for) - but maybe I'll pour it and see what it's like. 

7 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

I'm test burning Aztec's Sweet potato brown sugar and it's AMAZING. I'm not a foodie/bakery scent person but I can't get enough of this. The cold throw is so strong that it fills my bathroom if I keep the lid off. 

I have some of Aztec's Leaves and I wasn't impressed (I love the BBW candle it's a dupe for) - but maybe I'll pour it and see what it's like. 

Guess what I'm off to buy lol 

ding ding ding :) Aztecs Sweet Potato Brown Sugar . Do you ladies do 6% or higher ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

Guess what I'm off to buy lol 

ding ding ding :) Aztecs Sweet Potato Brown Sugar . Do you ladies do 6% or higher ? 

I do 7% in 464 - mostly because I accidentally measured out 7% once and it was so good that I kept doing it (oops!). 

This FO is seriously amazing - sweet but there is also a tartness to it somehow? And buttery. So buttery - but in a good way. I am TERRIBLE at describing fragrances lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

I do 7% in 464 - mostly because I accidentally measured out 7% once and it was so good that I kept doing it (oops!). 

This FO is seriously amazing - sweet but there is also a tartness to it somehow? And buttery. So buttery - but in a good way. I am TERRIBLE at describing fragrances lol. 

Any other good ones I should try since I'm getting SPB ? I've never ordered from Aztec 

Edited by Moonstar

Just now, Moonstar said:

Any other good ones I should try since I'm getting SPB ?

I love their Tobacco, Cozy Cabin, Citron Cedarwood (my #1 bestseller - people are obsessed), and Cider Lane. Pumpkin Souffle has great hot and cold throw - I don't like pumpkin scents though, maybe they'll grow on me. But it's true to what it says, and throws well. 

• Like 1

You NEED RE Candy Corn ! It smells a teensy bit odd OOB but AMAZING in wax ! 

The Candle Source used to have ( hopefully they still do ) a Pumpkin Creme Brûlée that was the best gourmand pumpkin I tried.

I also associate anything caramel with fall / Halloween, so CC Ooey Gooey Caramel and JS Caramel Apple are great, also ! 

I plan on blending WSP Sweet Pumpkin Spice with RE Funnel Cake soon, I'll let you know how that pans out of you want :)

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Like 1