Looking for Peak replacements

kfintoni

-Almond Pastry - not exactly the same, but try BB Almond Biscotti

-Amish Harvest- Rustic Escentuals has one by the same name 

-Banana Nut Bread-The one from Candle Science and Cajun are good replacements in my opinion. Also, Banana Walnut Cake from RE.

-Birthday Cake - 

-Black Canyon

-Botanical Orchard and Nectar

-Cedar (it didn't have a lot of wood tones to it, but was refreshing)

-Cinnamon Balsam

-Cookie Cottage - smells identical to RE Grandma's Cupboard (KY)

-Cookies for Santa - BCN has one with the same name, but not sure if they are similar.  If they are not, please delete this rec.

-Fresh Baked Pie Crust

-Freshed Brewed Coffee  I made some melts with AH/RE Coffee bean....pretty strong oob

-Fruit Slices

-Fudge Brownie

-German Chocolate Cake

-Green Clover & Aloe

-Home for the Holidays 

-Lavender

-Leather - Texas Candle Supply, Lonestar were some suggestions

-Lemon Pound Cake -Candle Science version smells very close OOB. Have not put it in wax. - RE Lemon Sugar Bundt Cake

- Lilac - Candle Cocoon had a nice one that wasn't too floral to someone. 

-Mountain Lake

-Ocean

-Olde Towne Bake Shoppe

-Orange Chiffon Cake - RE Orange Chiffon Cake (KY) smells the same to me, both in tarts and OOB

-Paris Twilight

-Patchouli

-Pear Spice

-Pumpkin Honey Chai

-Purely Peppermint - Flamings "North Pole"

-Red Clove

-Rose Bouquet - (It isn't the RB, but a nice replacement, though not soap friendly that I recall, is Briar Rose from Candlewic)

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Spiced Cranberry

-Spruce Christmas Tree - Flaming's Spruce, Candle Science's Blue Spruce 

-Sweet Pumpkin Spice

-Twilight Woods-samples ordered from Cierra and Lonestar

-Vermont Honey Apple BBW type

-Wild Mountain Honey - TT - I use the one from Brambleberry

-Wild Raspberry

-Wildberry Musk

-Winter Wonderland 

Added to the list those mentioned above

-Almond Pastry - not exactly the same, but try BB Almond Biscotti

-Amish Harvest- Rustic Escentuals has one by the same name 

-Banana Nut Bread-The one from Candle Science and Cajun are good replacements in my opinion. Also, Banana Walnut Cake from RE.

-Birthday Cake - 

-Black Canyon

-Botanical Orchard and Nectar

-Cinnamon Balsam

-Cookies for Santa - BCN has one with the same name, but not sure if they are similar.  If they are not, please delete this rec.

-Fresh Baked Pie Crust

-Freshed Brewed Coffee  - Aztec's Coffee is nice

-Fruit Slices

-Fudge Brownie

-German Chocolate Cake

-Green Clover & Aloe

-Home for the Holidays 

-Lavender

-Leather - Texas Candle Supply, Lonestar were some suggestions

-Lemon Pound Cake -Candle Science version smells very close OOB. Have not put it in wax. - RE Lemon Sugar Bundt Cake

- Lilac - Candle Cocoon had a nice one that wasn't too floral to someone. 

-Mountain Lake

-Ocean

-Olde Towne Bake Shoppe

-Orange Chiffon Cake - RE Orange Chiffon Cake (KY) smells the same to me, both in tarts and OOB

-Paris Twilight

-Patchouli

-Pear Spice

-Pumpkin Honey Chai

-Red Clove

-Rose Bouquet - (It isn't the RB, but a nice replacement, though not soap friendly that I recall, is Briar Rose from Candlewic)

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Spiced Cranberry

-Sweet Pumpkin Spice

-Tuscan Nights

-Twilight Woods-samples ordered from Cierra and Lonestar

-Vanilla Bean Nectarine

-Vermont Honey Apple BBW type

-Wild Mountain Honey - TT - I use the one from Brambleberry

-Wild Raspberry

-Wildberry Musk

-Winter Wonderland 

added Tuscan Nights and Vanilla Bean Nectarine

9 hours ago, juliejak said:

Do you know if that is the same as the Patchouli Passion at Pure Fragrance Oils? I was looking for that one. TIA

It isn't that I am aware of. PP, I believe, used to be a Moonwork's scent also. I wish Single Yellow Rose was still on here, because she could give input on this better than I can. I think she liked this better than a straight patch. 

As an after thought, I was hoping Tri-State still carried Patchouli, but it doesn't. It would have been a good runner-up. A long time ago someone said that Lonestar had a good patch. I bought it to try, but that was 10 years ago or so. I can't remember the comparison I made. 

Edited by Scented

I've added a few places that carry something with the same name to try to help cut down the going blind looking at other websites

-Almond Pastry - not exactly the same, but try BB Almond Biscotti  (possibly look at Candlewic's Anisette Cookies?) (Tri-State has a Baked Goods and a Primitive Pantry maybe to compare) (Fragrance Buddy has an Almond Macaroon that sounded vaguely familiar of Peak's description)

-Amish Harvest- Rustic Escentuals has one by the same name (Also look at Celtic Spice from RE) NOTE: Flaming Candle carries one by the same name; Community Candle has one by the name and I think the description. 

-Banana Nut Bread-The one from Candle Science and Cajun are good replacements in my opinion. Also, Banana Walnut Cake from RE. (FB offers two, but maybe look at the MW type)

-Birthday Cake - (Flaming has one, but no idea on comparison) Aztec's has a 5* review, Indiana Candle Supply has a 5* (RE lists two, both with 5* ratings)

-Black Canyon - (Flaming Candle lists one, but I do not know how they compare)

-Botanical Orchard and Nectar (Note to self to check out RE's Humingbird nectar to compare to this one)

-Cinnamon Balsam  (There isn't a supplier carrying this. RE's Cinnamon Spruce will be the closest to something, but have not tried.)

-Eucalyptus Leaf - (Note to self: Cierra has one by name)

-Fresh Baked Pie Crust  (RE carries a Pie Crust with a 5* rating off 3 reviews) (Community Candle offers a pie crust)

-Freshed Brewed Coffee  - Aztec's Coffee is nice  (RE has a 5* Coffee House with 11 reviews)

-Fruit Slices  

-Fudge Brownie (Cierra Candles lists a chocolate brownie with 5* off three reviews...read the reviews)

-German Chocolate Cake

-Green Clover & Aloe  (RE has a Clover Fields & Aloe that might be similar)

-Home for the Holidays (Tri-State offers one, but the description says sweet and I don't think Peak's was)

-Lavender

-Leather - Texas Candle Supply, Lonestar were some suggestions (Flaming is carrying a genuine leather ... do not know how they compare.) 

-Lemon Pound Cake -Candle Science version smells very close OOB. Have not put it in wax. - RE Lemon Sugar Bundt Cake (Flaming has one too) (Aztec's has a 5* review)

- Lilac - Candle Cocoon had a nice one that wasn't too floral to someone. (Aztec's has a 5* rating)

-Mountain Lake

-Ocean - Cierra Candles has one named this. 

-Olde Towne Bake Shoppe (Possibly look at Cookie Kitchen at Fragrance Buddy)

-Orange Chiffon Cake - RE Orange Chiffon Cake (KY) smells the same to me, both in tarts and OOB (Aztec has one 5* w/ 5 reviews)  (ICS has one with a 5* rating) RE carries KY's version

-Paris Twilight (Any chance this is Paris Nights type? If so, RE has the PN)

-Patchouli  

-Pear Spice  (Flaming has one but don't know how it would compare. Community Candle offers a spicy pear, but don't know the comparison)

-Pumpkin Honey Chai

-Red Clove

-Rose Bouquet - (It isn't the RB, but a nice replacement, though not soap friendly that I recall, is Briar Rose from Candlewic. Also a Fresh Cut Roses from there, Yankee type -- Aztec has a fresh cut rose with a reviewer swearing it's like a rose cut from her garden ... the FO has a 4 1/2* rating) RE has a Rose Petals w/ a 5* rating off 3 reviews maybe take a look at the 4* rustic rose

- Sage & Lemongrass - Community Candle carries a lemongrass & sage.

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Spiced Cranberry  (ICS offers one with 5* rating) Community Candle has this on their list.

-Sweet Pumpkin Spice

-Tuscan Nights

-Twilight Woods-samples ordered from Cierra and Lonestar (Flaming and NG both carry this)

-Vanilla Bean Nectarine

-Vermont Honey Apple BBW type  (Aztec has a 5* review)

-Wild Mountain Honey - TT - I use the one from Brambleberry (Flaming has one by the same name) (RE has one called honey bee) (FB has one)

-Wild Raspberry

-Wildberry Musk

-Winter Wonderland (Has anyone tried Flaming's?) (RE has one that I think description was close to what Peak's had.) Cierra Candle has one by the name also.

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for putting this very helpful list together Scented!  

By any chance in your travels have you come across any subs for their Asian Sandalwood?

@Candybee I know you are another user of this scent.... Aside from the sandalwood, what do you think the "Asian" part of this scent consists of?  

I am not too good at describing the different scents that compose a FO but if I can get some of the ingredients I will try and blend it myself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beesweet said:

I'm so sad that I never got around to ordering Tahitian Village. It's one of my favorite scents for personal use. It smells familiar but I have no idea what it could be similar to. :( 

I found CS's Coriander and Tonka to be very close and seemed a little stronger to me.  You might want to give that a try.

4 hours ago, Scented said:

I've added a few places that carry something with the same name to try to help cut down the going blind looking at other websites

-Almond Pastry - not exactly the same, but try BB Almond Biscotti  (possibly look at Candlewic's Anisette Cookies?) (Tri-State has a Baked Goods and a Primitive Pantry maybe to compare) (Fragrance Buddy has an Almond Macaroon that sounded vaguely familiar of Peak's description)

-Amish Harvest- Rustic Escentuals has one by the same name (Also look at Celtic Spice from RE) NOTE: Flaming Candle carries one by the same name; Community Candle has one by the name and I think the description. 

-Banana Nut Bread-The one from Candle Science and Cajun are good replacements in my opinion. Also, Banana Walnut Cake from RE. (FB offers two, but maybe look at the MW type)

-Birthday Cake - (Flaming has one, but no idea on comparison) Aztec's has a 5* review, Indiana Candle Supply has a 5* (RE lists two, both with 5* ratings)

-Botanical Orchard and Nectar (Note to self to check out RE's Humingbird nectar to compare to this one)

-Cinnamon Balsam  (There isn't a supplier carrying this. RE's Cinnamon Spruce will be the closest to something, but have not tried.)

-Fresh Baked Pie Crust  (RE carries a Pie Crust with a 5* rating off 3 reviews) (Community Candle offers a pie crust)

-Freshed Brewed Coffee  - Aztec's Coffee is nice  (RE has a 5* Coffee House with 11 reviews)

-Fruit Slices  

-Fudge Brownie (Cierra Candles lists a chocolate brownie with 5* off three reviews...read the reviews)

-German Chocolate Cake

-Home for the Holidays (Tri-State offers one, but the description says sweet and I don't think Peak's was)

-Lavender

-Leather - Texas Candle Supply, Lonestar were some suggestions (Flaming is carrying a genuine leather ... do not know how they compare.) 

-Lemon Pound Cake -Candle Science version smells very close OOB. Have not put it in wax. - RE Lemon Sugar Bundt Cake (Flaming has one too) (Aztec's has a 5* review)

- Lilac - Candle Cocoon had a nice one that wasn't too floral to someone. (Aztec's has a 5* rating) Fragrance Buddy's Lemon Pound cake is good!

-Mountain Lake

-Orange Chiffon Cake - RE Orange Chiffon Cake (KY) smells the same to me, both in tarts and OOB (Aztec has one 5* w/ 5 reviews)  (ICS has one with a 5* rating) RE carries KY's version

-Patchouli  

-Pear Spice  (Flaming has one but don't know how it would compare. Community Candle offers a spicy pear, but don't know the comparison)

-Pumpkin Honey Chai

-Red Clove

-Rose Bouquet - (It isn't the RB, but a nice replacement, though not soap friendly that I recall, is Briar Rose from Candlewic. Also a Fresh Cut Roses from there, Yankee type -- Aztec has a fresh cut rose with a reviewer swearing it's like a rose cut from her garden ... the FO has a 4 1/2* rating) RE has a Rose Petals w/ a 5* rating off 3 reviews maybe take a look at the 4* rustic rose

- Sage & Lemongrass - Community Candle carries a lemongrass & sage.  Candlewic's Lemongrass & Sage is good.

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Spiced Cranberry  (ICS offers one with 5* rating) Community Candle has this on their list.

-Sweet Pumpkin Spice

-Tuscan Nights

-Twilight Woods-samples ordered from Cierra and Lonestar (Flaming and NG both carry this)

-Vanilla Bean Nectarine

-Wild Mountain Honey - TT - I use the one from Brambleberry (Flaming has one by the same name) (RE has one called honey bee) (FB has one)

-Wild Raspberry

-Wildberry Musk

-Winter Wonderland (Has anyone tried Flaming's?) (RE has one that I think description was close to what Peak's had.) Cierra Candle has one by the name also.

I added Candlewic to Sage & Lemongrass only theirs is Lemongrass & Sage: I think it's really good.  Also FB's Lemon Pound cake is even better than CS to me.  Popular with customers too.  But I love Lemon, so maybe I just like them all. :)

I don't know how Candlewic's Pumpkin Chai compares to Peak's Pumpkin Honey Chai, but it sure smells good OOB to me.  Can't wait to try it in my fall line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry said:

Thank you for putting this very helpful list together Scented!  

By any chance in your travels have you come across any subs for their Asian Sandalwood?

@Candybee I know you are another user of this scent.... Aside from the sandalwood, what do you think the "Asian" part of this scent consists of?  

I am not too good at describing the different scents that compose a FO but if I can get some of the ingredients I will try and blend it myself.

I have no idea. Its the only sandalwood I know of that actually smells like sandalwood. It does have a powdery finish to it so my guess is it also contains baby powder type notes.

• Like 1

I use a few that I guess I am going to have to replace myself:

Fruit Slices

Black Canyon

Bartlett Pear

Asian Sandalwood

I am pretty sure I can find replacements for Bartlett Pear and Fruit Slices but the Black Canyon and A. Sandalwood I have no idea where to start.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I use a few that I guess I am going to have to replace myself:

Fruit Slices

Black Canyon

Bartlett Pear

Asian Sandalwood

I am pretty sure I can find replacements for Bartlett Pear and Fruit Slices but the Black Canyon and A. Sandalwood I have no idea where to start.

Candybee, Flaming has a new scent "Black Canyon" but I have never tried it....

Trappeur

• Like 1

Why doesn't someone here just do a co-op and have these duped?

Has anyone ever actually contacted the owner of Peaks and asked if he would sell codes separately to whoever wants it?  I'll bet he would make out as a bandit!

Trappeur

57 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Why doesn't someone here just do a co-op and have these duped?

Has anyone ever actually contacted the owner of Peaks and asked if he would sell codes separately to whoever wants it?  I'll bet he would make out as a bandit!

Trappeur

I have messaged asking if he would be open to selling kegs to co-op until the dust settles. Have not heard back.

the problem with duping and then co-opting is the process takes so long and the dupes can be hit or miss. 

11 hours ago, beesweet said:

I'm so sad that I never got around to ordering Tahitian Village. It's one of my favorite scents for personal use. It smells familiar but I have no idea what it could be similar to. :( 

I have 4 ounces I am not going to use if you would be interested

Oh I forgot about Ocean and Freesia. I use these 2 as part of a blend for my best selling salt bars. I have enough for now but I know these two will be hard to replace. Other sea/ocean types I have tried don't work. Plus I don't remember seeing Freesia anywhere but Peaks.

I need Cranberry Apple Marmalade, Holiday Sparkle, German Chocolate Cake, 

Cinnamon Buns, Watermelon, Peach, Honeysuckle, Orange Blossoms

I added them to the list below

-Cinnamon Buns

-Cranberry Apple Marmalade 

-Fruit Slices  

-German Chocolate Cake

-Holiday Sparkle

-Honeysuckle 

-Lavender

- Lilac - Candle Cocoon had a nice one that wasn't too floral to someone. (Aztec's has a 5* rating) Fragrance Buddy's Lemon Pound cake is good!

-Mountain Lake

-Orange Blossoms

-Patchouli  

-Peach

-Pumpkin Honey Chai

-Red Clove

- Sage & Lemongrass - Community Candle carries a lemongrass & sage.  Candlewic's Lemongrass & Sage is good.

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Sweet Pumpkin Spice

-Tuscan Nights

-Vanilla Bean Nectarine

-Watermelon 

-Wild Raspberry

-Wildberry Musk

Edited by jackbenimble

@Trappeur @TallTayl  There is so much going on with this husband and wife and this business.  On his personal FB page, stated something about having a half billion dollar business.  Not sure if he thinks Peak is worth that or if he has another business.  He talks about having a million dollars missing and blames wife.  She has a fragrance company which I would think provided some of the oils; and yet, when I contacted her, she said she has a good working relationship with their companies and might be able to work with them to produce Peak's fragrances.  However, in the middle of a divorce, if this husband has anything to say about it, he isn't going to let her do that.  He blames everything on her.  She on him.  

Also, not sure why he wants inquiries for the business and adds "time is of the essence" unless it is cut and dry the wife legally has no interest (asset wise) in the business. 

Goldie

@GoldieMN it is really unfortunate how much dirty personal laundry got mixed in with the business pages. 

Wish I had a crystal ball, but have made other arrangements in the meantime. The scent works taught me a good lesson about how to be agile and not depend too much on any one place. And to buy as much as I could possibly at a time to survive retailers lost in the fray. 

55 minutes ago, maryta said:

Is Autumn Walk unique to Peak?

Yes, it is. But I just ordered an Autumn Rain and Falling Leaves from Rustic Escentuals to see how they compare. I'll let you know what I think. Autumn Walk was one of my favorites and I love to make autumn leaves soaps with it.

Adding French Vanilla and Amber (::sob::), White Tea & Ginger, Blackberry Sage and Warm Vanilla Sugar.

-Blackberry Sage

-Cinnamon Buns

-Cranberry Apple Marmalade - CS has a really good one but I think it's not B/B safe

-French Vanilla & Amber

-Fruit Slices  

-German Chocolate Cake

-Holiday Sparkle

-Honeysuckle 

-Lavender

-Mountain Lake

-Orange Blossoms

-Patchouli  

-Peach

-Pumpkin Honey Chai

-Red Clove

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Sweet Pumpkin Spice

-Tuscan Nights

-Vanilla Bean Nectarine

-Warm Vanilla Sugar

-Watermelon 

-White Tea & Ginger

-Wild Raspberry

-Wildberry Musk

2 hours ago, jackbenimble said:

I need Cranberry Apple Marmalade, Holiday Sparkle, German Chocolate Cake, 

Cinnamon Buns, Watermelon, Peach, Honeysuckle, Orange Blossoms

I think I have an extra 2 pound bottle of Holiday Sparkle. I just did oil inventory in light of this bad news but am at work and my inventory spreadsheet is on home computer. Peak was being so flaky that I WAY overbought as things became available over the last few months. Shipping may be steep but I would certainly sell it for less than what I paid. 

• Like 1