Peak Is Closing

GoldieMN

Well if you read facebook posts after he announced the closing, there sure is more to the story!  His wife Nachelle Wallace made a few comments to help clarify the situation. Not pretty.  I dont want to quote or judge, so please go to the facebook post to see for yourselves. 

Edited by barbaranj
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, barbaranj said:

Well if you read facebook posts after he announced the closing, there sure is more to the story!  His wife Nachelle Wallace made a few comments to help clarify the situation. Not pretty.  I dont want to quote or judge, so please go to the facebook post to see for yourselves. 

Whoa!  Employees not getting paid. . .  Only hope for those using their oils is that someone takes over the fragrance oil part of the business.  Or someone like RusticEscentuals makes an offer.

Goldie

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

I went on the peak site and it's 

website is down saying they are updating the site and will be back up in 1 or 2 hours, that was many

hours ago. Hmmm I'm wondering 

if they really are updating items ?

They were doing that yesterday because I was going to order wax and then it never came back up. Maybe it'll come back up to clear out stock? 

I feel for any of you who have built your business using many of Peak's fragrance oils.  As someone suggested on FB, assets are probably frozen as they move through a divorce.  There is always a possibility that one of them will be able to start a business selling the fragrances or that part of the business will be sold so we will be able to purchase them again.  All depends on how long the divorce takes.

Goldie

Wow, we did have clues this may be coming but still a shock anyway...

I too will miss many of their oils - My all time favorite:  Asian Sandalwood amongst others like Botanical Orchard and Nectar, Birthday Cake, Black Canyon, Blackberry and Sage off the top of my head.  I used to order wax and wicks from them as well, need to start retesting my zincs from another supplier.  

Honestly, I am almost embarrassed reading those FB comments and not understanding why their dirty laundry has to be aired out in public.

Alan sounds like he is having a mad breakdown....it's terrible for both him and his wife.

I had a few select oils I always used from Peak. I don't know if I'm asking for the impossible, but for those of us needing to find replacements- can we identify which ones, share possibilities, progress in our search/testing, etc.?

Another great example of why/how I will NEVER use only 1 scent from any 1 supplier exclusively and have it be irreplaceable - because of this right here - who would have thought that Peak would have closed, and so abruptly? About 50% of all of my FO's are from Peak, however, I never get so attached to a scent or supplier that I can't replace it. 

Yes, there are several that I absolutely LOVE and that my customers all love too, but with the way I mix my scents and make my inventory, I don't have any "must haves" from a certain place. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Another great example of why/how I will NEVER use only 1 scent from any 1 supplier exclusively and have it be irreplaceable - because of this right here - who would have thought that Peak would have closed, and so abruptly? About 50% of all of my FO's are from Peak, however, I never get so attached to a scent or supplier that I can't replace it. 

Yes, there are several that I absolutely LOVE and that my customers all love too, but with the way I mix my scents and make my inventory, I don't have any "must haves" from a certain place. 

I remember you saying that once before and it makes sense - for me, I haven't sold anything yet, so I'm not necessarily reliant on it, but I will be sad to lose my favorite scent until I can find something similar. Now I'll be sure if I get attached to something I have a couple suppliers I can get something similar from. 

I'm trying to remember all the candle suppliers who have gone out of business since I started making candles in 2009.

Heaven Scent - Loved Bert's oils....so very reasonable too!

Bluegrass Candle Supply - on the south side of Indianapolis, 1/2 hour away from me. :(  She carried my wax too.

Mr Missy's - or something like that; no big loss to me, as I didn't care for the oils I got there.

Tennessee Candles - I had only placed one order with them before they closed, but really liked what I got there.

Another closing that I hated - Fragrance oil finder.  I used that site so much.

And now the last supplier I would have expected to close.

I use so many suppliers that honestly, Peak closing won't affect me that much.  I'm sorry for those it does. 

Aren't there ways of getting some of Peak's oils duped? Doesn't FB or Maple Street dupe certain oils? The only two from Peak that I used on a regular basis were lemon pound cake and birthday cake but I now a lot of people used their oils regularly and this is devestating to them and all the testing they've done. I would think most could be duplicated though.

It's just a sad situation all the way around. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:50 PM, barbaranj said:

How can we do that ? Do you have a link ?

Gosh, I hate this.  It's only a bit of a bummer that we'll miss the FOs; we'll recover.  The tragedy here is their family.  I'm so sick to death of bad, sad news.  :(

GailC, add to that list The Scent Works, Green Leaf, Moonworks, and I think there was a Missy's before there was a Mr. Missy's. 

Edited by Darbla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

Aren't there ways of getting some of Peak's oils duped? Doesn't FB or Maple Street dupe certain oils? The only two from Peak that I used on a regular basis were lemon pound cake and birthday cake but I now a lot of people used their oils regularly and this is devestating to them and all the testing they've done. I would think most could be duplicated though.

It's just a sad situation all the way around. 

I have 8 oz of Lemon Pound Cake if that will help you.Ran out of melts and not making any more with this

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

How can we do that ? Do you have a link ?

If You have a Facebook account just search out Peak candle supplies and it will pull you onto that site where you can read everything

• Like 1

Alan Wallace, Peak's owner, posted this on his page:

Offers to purchase Peak Candle Supplies can be directed to doc.wallace@icloud.com. I will screen for not only the offer price and funds availability, but more importantly I will screen for MY perception of who a responsible party would be; one that would be best suited to preserve the relationships we've established with our customers. Time is of the essence.

Goldie

46 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

This was posted on Peak's FB page by the owner of Maplestreet Candle Co.:  

"Charlie Libengood Www.maplestreetcandle.com has many of the same scents that peak does."
safe_image.php?d=AQA4djVbSFHdhzbi&w=90&h
Maybe Maplestreet will dupe Peak's fragrances.
Goldie

Geez, circling buzzards much? Lol

i read maple street will accept a couple of oz of fresh oils to send for duplication. Bescented, fragrance buddy and nurture soap have similar services. None I have found are really spot on, but acceptable  for many people looking for 'close enough' at a low price. 

I found peak's fragrances to be more rich and complex than any of the services offering to quickly dupe to grab market share during the panic. 

I'd hang onto my money to see who is going to buy the codes. They are up for sale, so someone will inevitably buy them. I would rather do without than accept a pale imitation of the original that I have to retest in all of my products. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, keen bean said:

I had a few select oils I always used from Peak. I don't know if I'm asking for the impossible, but for those of us needing to find replacements- can we identify which ones, share possibilities, progress in our search/testing, etc.?

There is one started on this board in Fragrance section, I believe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candlesncats said:

I have 8 oz of Lemon Pound Cake if that will help you.Ran out of melts and not making any more with this

Awww, thanks! I still have some but will buy that from you. 

P.M. what I owe you and I'll send payment.

Thanks again!