Frostiest, coldest scent you can think of?

Darbla

Eucalyptus?  One of the sinus relief blends?  Most of the snowy, wintery FOs I'm seeing are described as peppermint + vanilla and there's got to be some that evoke a feeling of ice cold air better than that.  Is there some kind of alpine type FO somewhere?

What gives me a snowy - cool feeling is peppermint EO + menthol crystals. Love those 2 . I wanted to add Ive only used them in B+B 

and lip balm. I use very small amounts of the menthol crystals in lip balm + mostly peppermint EO.

Edited by Moonstar

(Not that I would go anywhere NEAR this but...) Frostiest scent I can think of would be a menthol, eucalyptus, ozone, and an evergreen ,( Frasier fir, or blue spruce maybe). That's COLD to me. Peppermint, ozone, and an evergreen would work too, and I WOULD go near peppermint and pine family scent. (I HATE menthol and eucalyptus). Basically you need a mint and ozone as a base and I would think a pinaceae scent would enhance that coolness. 

HTH,

Sponiebr bad ideas yadda, yadda, yadda.... 

Is there anything anywhere that had a good camphor note to it?  A watery note would probably help too.  Those coupled with some of the ideas you guys had would be ideal.

Edited by Darbla

1 hour ago, Shari said:

I made soap with this and it sold out in one show.  I liked it.  Haven't used it in anything else  though.

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/winter-garden-fragrance-oil

That sounds a lot like what Sponie was describing; it's described as menthol and evergreen notes.

1 hour ago, se2653 said:

I love ice crystals from CC

That one was described with chocolate but I noticed another one there called Winter Woodlands Whisper that seems to be all pine, spruce and fir.  I wonder if I could find something camphorous to mix with these to up the cold factor?

Edit:  found camphor FO at SOS, but they say it's "less nose-clearing" than eucalyptus.  I would've though camphor would've been MORE nose-clearing.  :-/

http://www.saveonscents.com/product_info.php/products_id/203579

Edit again:  might be onto something now:

" Brrrr...crisp and cool, an eye-opening combination of mints, aquatics, camphors "

http://www.saveonscents.com/product_info.php/products_id/3667

Edited by Darbla
additional info

On 7/17/2017 at 10:22 PM, moonshine said:

Millcreeks arctic air 

ice cold for sure and could make it more with more menthol 

I was burning Arctic Air yesterday. I don't think it cooled me down any, but  I really like it. :) My granddaughter said it smelled like NG Eucalyptus & Spearmint, and it does some only the scent is more complex than that. 

I rather liked Gemlite's Menthol fragrance. It wasn't all what I expected. More clean and fresh without the nose tingle. That's the closest I've found to "Cold" without smelling like mint. If your up for experimentation you might get good results mixing Clary Sage with your strongest Mint FO. 

Edited by rctfavr3