Hello from Hampton Roads

Kerven

I started with m&p soaps as a hobby three years ago. After having to deal with bars that sweat more than I do in these humid VA summers I had to call it quits. Eventually, I got into candlemaking. I've been lurking around the forum ever since. Lately, I've been trying new ingredients and techniques and have run into a few problems that I can't answer myself, and so it's time for me to stop lurking and join in hopes of learning something new. At lot of the forum members seem to be very knowledgeable and their crafts are fantastic. I'm looking forward to participating here!

Borrowed these questions from the pinned thread above:

What's your name? Jeff.

How old are you? Old enough to play with candles.

Where do you live? Hampton Roads, VA.

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? This will be the third year.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? I began with m&p soaps and lotions but somehow got into candlemaking. It may have been the sticker shock while gift shopping at a certain store then deciding I could make them for less... I already knew how to use m&p soap, so how hard could candles have been. Now, I realize it's much more complicated than I originally thought, and it's quickly developing into an addiction of collecting FO's, testing wicks, and comparison shopping for containers.

Are you married? Any kids? No. Do pets count as kids? If so, yes - one.

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? Professional forum lurker.

Anything else we should know?  Disclaimer: I have the occasional habit of writing long-winded, sometimes rambling posts. Read at your discretion.

Edited by Kerven

• 2 weeks later...