I'm going to Nature's Garden's store July 21!

GailC

I am compiling a list because there's no way I can sniff 800 fragrances.  So far I have 105. :)  I already have or have had 40 of NG's fragrance oils, and there are only two I can't stand, Sandalwood and Guardian Angel. Make that 3; even though the majority of people who have smelled Fresh Brewed Coffee really like it, I still think it stinks. :)

If there is a fragrance you want me to smell for you I will, but you know everyone's opinions of FO's are subjective.  I can't describe scents very well, but I can tell you if it smells good or bad or so-so to me and if it smells strong OOB.

I'm so excited! Unlike The Candlemaker's Store, I can actually buy some fragrances I like.  Not just write them down to order later.  My granddaughter and great granddaughter are going with me and we have a whole fun weekend planned.  

• Like 2

Some of my favorites I've already used are

Hot Orange Danish

Monkey Farts

Country Bumpkin

Mountain Hazelnut Coffee

Potpourri Spice

Seaside

Tropical Blast....what a great tropical fragrance!

Customer Favorites:

Apple Orchard

Eucalyptus & Spearmint

Lily of the Valley

Potpourri Spice

Monkey Farts

'

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Sounds like a really fun trip, happy for you!

I am so happy my granddaughter is going with me and my 2 1/2 year old great granddaughter.  I'm going to meet some friends in Mansfield Ohio, and when I realized that NG is just about 45 minutes from there,  Well, I have no choice but to go. :)  I don't really like driving long distances by myself.  I live in central Indiana.  Sunday we're taking a ferry to Put-in-bay at Lake Michigan.  (which I had never heard of...my granddaughter added to our intinerary. :) )

I take care of my adult handicapped daughter at home, so a two night vacation is all I can manage.  But that's good enough for me.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Oh you lucky thing!  I am curious about peppered poppies, always looking for something different.  Speaking of different  I LOVE absinthe..you should check that one out.

I totally overlooked Peppered Poppies.  I will add it to my list.  The scent description sounds intriguing. 

As for Absinthe, I make it a rule of thumb not to buy FO's I can't pronounce. :)  But OK, I will google the word, and sniff it too.  Thanks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Oh you lucky thing!  I am curious about peppered poppies, always looking for something different.  Speaking of different  I LOVE absinthe..you should check that one out.

Oh!  I know why I really avoided Absinthe.  I have read the scent description before and the anise turned me off.  I don't like licorice.  But I will smell it anyway.  

9 hours ago, GailC said:

Oh!  I know why I really avoided Absinthe.  I have read the scent description before and the anise turned me off.  I don't like licorice.  But I will smell it anyway.  

I was afraid of the anise at first too, but its not too much.

How wonderful for you Gail! Have fun! 

I'm curious about their cinnamon doughnuts if you get a chance to smell that one. I wonder if it's the same as the cinnamon sugared doughnuts from FB which I love! 

Hope you have a great time! Safe travels.

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

How wonderful for you Gail! Have fun! 

I'm curious about their cinnamon doughnuts if you get a chance to smell that one. I wonder if it's the same as the cinnamon sugared doughnuts from FB which I love! 

Hope you have a great time! Safe travels.

Thanks Belinda!  I haven't smelled the cinnamon sugared doughnuts from FB so I won't be able to compare.  I will sniff NG cinnamon doughnuts though.  I love anything cinnamon.  I'm anxious to put Candlewic's Apple Cider Doughnuts in wax for fall.  Yum!  I love the smell of that one OOB

• Like 1

I have almost finalized my list of fragrances to sniff at Nature's Garden.  So far I have 120!  Our of the 800 some they have.  Hope I am up to smelling that many!

I have an alphabetized list and I'm going to check the ones I  like and cross off the ones I don't for future reference.  Don't know how many I will actually wind up buying.  Maybe I can limit myself to 10 or 15.  We'll see. :)

Omg, geezum crown Gail!!!!  You've got 120 scents and you would like to narrow down to 15???Well, all I can say is...... GOOD LUCK TO YA! LOL, LOL

Can I give you a list of things for me???just kidding...

Oh yeah......I am jealous too!

Trappeur

You have me thinking.....I'm about 1 hour 15 minutes away from Flaming...I should make a trip to them myself but I don't know if my truck is dependable enough to go through Atlanta and I'm a basket case driving through a big town so that is why I don't go, as I drive like Grandma... But it would be worth it for me to get there and do a lot of sniffing myself.....hmmm

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

I have purchased quite a few from NG for making bath and body items for my kids.

They LOVE their Fruit Loops, Honeydew and Red Velvet Cake.

I'm curious if they have a "true" honey scent. Not a honeysuckle scented one.

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Omg, geezum crown Gail!!!!  You've got 120 scents and you would like to narrow down to 15???Well, all I can say is...... GOOD LUCK TO YA! LOL, LOL

Can I give you a list of things for me???just kidding...

Oh yeah......I am jealous too!

Trappeur

You have me thinking.....I'm about 1 hour 15 minutes away from Flaming...I should make a trip to them myself but I don't know if my truck is dependable enough to go through Atlanta and I'm a basket case driving through a big town so that is why I don't go, as I drive like Grandma... But it would be worth it for me to get there and do a lot of sniffing myself.....hmmm

If you could see my cabinet, you would know that I don't even 'need' 15 more bottles. :) But NG has so many intriguing sounding names and descriptions.  I have learned the hard way you can't go by names....Guardian Angel for one.  

I will have a list of fragrances to order in the future, hence just getting about 15 right now.  NG's shipping is very reasonable for me...usually around $10.  But who knows, I may come home with way more than 15. :)

I wouldn't want to drive through Atlanta either, but maybe there's another way on state highways or something.  It would take you longer but not be as nerve racking.  I am so excited to go and smell FO's to my heart's content.  Or maybe you could get a friend to take you...stopping for lunch on the way of course.  

21 minutes ago, LivInTX said:

I have purchased quite a few from NG for making bath and body items for my kids.

They LOVE their Fruit Loops, Honeydew and Red Velvet Cake.

I'm curious if they have a "true" honey scent. Not a honeysuckle scented one.

I see that they do have a Honey and a Honeycomb and a Honey Vanilla and more.

I have Honey Bunny on my list but I will add plain Honey and see if I think it smells like honey....that makes 121. :)

On 7/11/2017 at 11:53 PM, GailC said:

It smells like spiced gumdrops, not Absinthe. Not Absinthe at all, actually. 

3 minutes ago, GailC said:

That one will probably be crossed off my list then. :)

It is worth a sniff. Just so you know what it is all about. It is in a class by itself. Some people really like it. Might be a good one around the holidays.

1 minute ago, Scented said:

Would you elaborate on this? 

The Candlemaker's store has lots of 1 ounce samples to sniff.  But the only fragrances you can buy there are the 'specials.'  A limited selection of reduced price FO's.  So if I found a fragrance I liked I would have to order it online.

They do have some dyes, wicks, etc, you can buy at their 'store'.  Which is just an area in the warehouse.