Would this jar bother you?

Trappeur

I ordered a sample amber jar from Container and Packaging of which I made up a candle...but this is really weird. The top 1/3 of the glass jar when looking at the finished product is darker than the bottom.  You can see the natural soy color of the wax on the bottom 2/3 and the top 1/3 is darker.  At first I thought the wax solidified darker but it didn't.  It is the jar.  When I ordered some sample jars from the company I asked them if the jar was sprayed the amber color like the jars at Candle Science but they said the jar is an all glass amber color and not sprayed.  I really like the jar though.  Maybe I'm being just too picky....probably am...so do you think it is ok to make a candle in this jar?  I'm sure some will be like this this and I guess some won't come in like this.  I really liked the amber jars at Candle Science but there are no lids for theirs and after reading the negative reviews on how they are just sprayed the amber color inside the glass and how they scratch easily, it turned me off of the jar.  I would probably have ordered a sample of C.S. jar and put them in a craft box since they offer no lids, but with negative reveiews would not.  

Thanks.

Trappeur

CIMG9803.jpg

• Like 1

Geesh, I've been using photobucket for years and have my picture in the library saved and do everything I've been doing for years....hmmm...

well, have to go out the door...I'll work on this when I get back....

Yes, that is exactly what happened TT....dang!   All those pictures I have saved on their site......They sent out a notice a couple of weeks ago to the tune of now paying and they offer different plans..I'm not independently wealthy that I could afford that...

Ok so how can I get pictures on here now?  It used to be we couldn't copy and paste pictures here.  Has that changed?  I'll have to resize them too.  Could you tell me what to do?

Thanks so much!

Trappeur

Omg!  how simple it was to download to the site here and all the time right in front of my eyes.   So much crap I had to do withPhotobucket to get a picture to their site and then make smaller and then have to copy there and paste here.....Wow so easy here!  And so BIG!!! LOL..........Worked like a charm!  love how easy to do!  Ok  so now for feed back from everyone?  Maybe I better go and do another new post for the ones who already looked?   Nah, I'll wait a bit...ok, see what I was talking about the shading of the glass jar?

Trappeur

It wouldn't bother you?  Yeah, I agree too...but when you look at the jar sitting in the light it shows up more.....but I'm not going to sweat buckshot over this.  I wished they had a nicer lid like a metal lid and I even tried the canning jar lids but they don't screw on tight at all...though I did have one that fit perfect...but that was just one.

oky dokey....thanks Tall Tayle!

Trappeur

I just love how easy you can put up pictures here! lol, lol  All this friggin time I have been putsin around with photobucket...ha

• Like 1

I think they look cool. I've never been partial to amber containers, but I like the way that one looks. As a customer, it would make me do a double take...the jar and how awesome your labels are and how fabulous I already know your candle looks inside.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PhoenixFyre said:

I think they look cool. I've never been partial to amber containers, but I like the way that one looks. As a customer, it would make me do a double take...the jar and how awesome your labels are and how fabulous I already know your candle looks inside.

Oh thankyou PhoenixFrye.....lol  I know what your talking about....my doo dads...yep I put one in here.  I'm testing this jar and made it Bittercreeks "Grandma's Kitchen".  Which I use as home made apple pie of which I add a little teeney bit of Indiana's pie crust just enough so you can get a whiff of it.  I'm testing this jar in a cd 8.  Now comes the 2 week cure...argh......

I just noticed on the 3'rd picture there is a seam in the jar.....hmmmm...well now that I know that I will be sure to place that seam on the back of the jar and I even noticed a wet spot...oh well on that...just one of those things....

CIMG9840.thumb.JPG.a01eecc510473f18d4fc9132257d9e92.JPGCIMG9826.thumb.JPG.6cdbe42c0ff02b260b421220324f1655.JPGCIMG9845.thumb.JPG.2ebc258209685fe70cfb1a26a31be640.JPG

• Like 3

Ya Trap, ive always liked the rustic/different feel amber jars give off. And the glow is nice as well. I know a few sites that sell this jar and wonder if you have tried the cobalt blue ones they also sell? I bet you could make a nice label for those, your labels are always so very nice ;p

• Like 2

21 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

I love it!  Yes, the jar's shading.  And, of course, the label is perfect as always. :)

That wick looks so much thicker than my Premiers.  May I ask what you are using?

Goldie

She mentioned in a previous post that it was a CD 8.

• Like 1