Best Smelling Candle, Wax Tart's Etc

Hello, What are your favorite smelling Candle's, Tarts Etc Please post them here, also I would like to share with everyone my favorite smelling Candle and were I got it from! 

My favorite Candle is called Cash Money Lemonade Stand, it is a Jewelry Candle which means it had a piece of Jewelry inside the candle.  but I haven't burned it down to it yet, but this candle smells amazing! I am buying another one after this one is Gone!

As Moonshine said, my favorite are mine too.  I've always loved MCalls Campfire Marshmallow and Crossroads Buttered Maple syrup and last year I actually went a bought one of their 4 wick (large pumpkin) in the BMS and after burning for a while it almost seems like they changed something about it as it had a burnt smell.  I could light this candle and get Immediate throw like within 5 minutes but the wicks were always so tall and I got a full melt pool within a 1/2 hour...this is a 7 1/2" wide candle a true biggun!  But the aroma behind the burnt smell is so totally awesome.  Been trying forever to formulate their scent...no luck yet!  So as of this date my favorite of my own are VBN, Salted Caramel and Summer Scoop.

Trappeur

I create unique blends and mix my own scents, and those are usually my favorites, until I create something else, and then that becomes my favorite, and so on and so forth... 

But yeah, as others have said, my favorites are always my own as I don't usually buy retail candles, unless I need something for marketing research... 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

Until I find the oil dupes for these and can make them myself...Cozy Night (got it from Target years ago) and BBW Radiant Red Maple

But my favorite that I make is with Peak's Tuscan Nights. 

sounds interesting ... how would you best describe it ?

1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

sounds interesting ... how would you best describe it ?

Tuscan Nights? 

This is the Peak description: Top notes of fresh green vine, citrus & rosemary. Middle notes of ripened melon and an ozonic base with bottom notes of wood/patchouli & lavender.

I don't really get any melon - it is very earthy and herbal to me. Most of my friends when they first smell it immediately think there is pine, and I admit I get some of that. The lavender is lovely, not overpowering (although I'd be fine with that, I love lavender). Haven't been to Tuscany so I can't say if it's true to the locale, but I love it. 

• Like 1

Just now, jbradshaw said:

Tuscan Nights? 

This is the Peak description: Top notes of fresh green vine, citrus & rosemary. Middle notes of ripened melon and an ozonic base with bottom notes of wood/patchouli & lavender.

I don't really get any melon - it is very earthy and herbal to me. Most of my friends when they first smell it immediately think there is pine, and I admit I get some of that. The lavender is lovely, not overpowering (although I'd be fine with that, I love lavender). Haven't been to Tuscany so I can't say if it's true to the locale, but I love it. 

Sounds wonderful ! Thanks so much :) Peak does have some really good oils.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorites, and most popular, is one I mix that I call Sweet Lavender. I use CS's Lavender and Very Vanilla. I know there are many lavender/vanilla blends out there, but I didn't know it at the time. I thought I was being clever. ?

On 7/9/2017 at 2:00 PM, GoldieMN said:

If I were to buy a candle, it would be McCall's Spiced Pear.

Goldie

I sure do remember that one when I had my shop and carried the McCalls line.  At Christmas they renamed it to Christmas tree.   Beautiful is right.

Trappeur

On 7/13/2017 at 6:34 PM, jbradshaw said:

Until I find the oil dupes for these and can make them myself...Cozy Night (got it from Target years ago) and BBW Radiant Red Maple

But my favorite that I make is with Peak's Tuscan Nights. 

@jbradshaw You got me hooked on Tuscan Nights from Peaks...I just love it! Now that Peaks has closed, do you have any idea who might have a similar scent?

5 minutes ago, olives said:

@jbradshaw You got me hooked on Tuscan Nights from Peaks...I just love it! Now that Peaks has closed, do you have any idea who might have a similar scent?

I think their site is just temporarily down for maintenance, not closed permanently. At least I hope?! I would be devastated if I couldn't get Tuscan Nights, it's my favorite. 

6 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

I think their site is just temporarily down for maintenance, not closed permanently. At least I hope?! I would be devastated if I couldn't get Tuscan Nights, it's my favorite. 

No they are closing for good - see the letter from the owner, Alan, in this thread - 

22 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

No they are closing for good - see the letter from the owner, Alan, in this thread - 

I just saw that, after posting here. I have only been making candles a year so I haven't experienced anything like this and I'm a bit in shock lol. Glad I ordered a pound of Tuscan Nights, but I would have stocked up on that and my other Peak favorites had I known. 

8 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

I just saw that, after posting here. I have only been making candles a year so I haven't experienced anything like this and I'm a bit in shock lol. Glad I ordered a pound of Tuscan Nights, but I would have stocked up on that and my other Peak favorites had I known. 

It actually happens quite a lot in this business. However, not usually with such an established company that has been around as long as Peak's has. 

usually we are given some notice. Not much but enough that we can load up on fragrances.

This is why I ended up having my dupes made for myself of the things that I could not live without. We have to be agile

• Like 1

I never heard of McCalls candles.  I haven't bought a candle in 8 years. :)  And my family knows better too.  At least my kids and grandkids. :) 

My favorites tend to change, except for good old Apple Pie which I always love.  

Oh, Gail, you should see their website....just beautiful!  When I had my shop I got with McCalls when they first started their business and it was an immediate success selling their candles.  They were all paraffin in the beginning but now they have added soy....Just gorgeous candles.  In my opinion they surpassed Yankee.  Have nothing but good to say about them.

Gail, which apple pie do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Trappeur