6006 issue

It has been a while everyone but I need some input. I have been using 6006 for a while now but I keep having the same issue over and over again in any container. I will do my usual recipe with dye, fragrance and heating blah blah blah. I will pour slowly at 170 roughly then pull the wick taught and then let it cool. I will come back hours after cooling and there always seems to be a bit of wax about maybe 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch on the wicks at the bottom half. Sometimes the tops will look nice and smooth but it seems the wax like to attach itself to the wicks. I have used the heat gun to melt it off but sometimes that takes the coating off of it and leaves a puddle of white on the surface of my candle top.   It seems that I have to repour often and I know that I can do better than that. I am not sure if the candles are cooling too quickly but I am making them in my garage and it's hot outside. They did the same thing during the winter also. I am currently using 6006 in 26 oz apothecary containers. I also sometimes use a toothpick to pick the wax off of the wicks and not bother repouring but occasionally it's just too high on the wicks. Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...

I see this is an old post but still may help someone 

I had this happen to me as well with the 6006. The feedback (paraphrased/summarized) I received from Candle Science was:

*Make sure you don't pull the wick too tight, especially if using wick bars

*Try preheating containers

*Cool at room temp, abt 5 " apart and not on a solid surface and away from drafts

*Adjust pour temp Recommended is 170 but may have to adjust up or down. Try pouring a couple of test candles in 5-10 degree increments

*Avoid overstirring and pour slowly to avoid bubbles

*Tap glassware gently after pouring to release any bubbles

Haven't made a new batch since this but suspect I may have been pulling my wick to taught