Battle of the 4630 and 4786

lovelyscents

Hello friends!

I am still testing these darn wax blends, these stress migraines are going to kill me *shudder*  I like the throw of both so far in my blends.  The 4630 tends to be easier to cut whereas the 4786 is a bugger as it tends to bend vs being able to slice easily.  4630 is more readily available but doesnt rule out that 4786 is a stellar wax for many.  The 4630 would most definitely melt during warmer months against the 4786.  Which one of these two do you all love and why?

Have a great week :)

I have both, and am going to get to the wick test project once my summer event settles.

4630 is surprisingly sturdy in heat given the texture. It contains a lot of petrolatum, making it super sticky.

4786 (the slabs I have) are extremely hard. I tried HTp wicks in them and the smoke was unbelievable. And dance from a draft and plumes of smoke came off the candle. Flames were super tall too. People who I know use This wax have lit photographs that confirm it was not just my experience.

have not gotten far enough along to test for throw. Until basic wick is settled on to eliminate the two biggest problem I had I won't go further. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 2:45 AM, Nickie said:

Why not a blend of the 2 to solve most of the issues you've mentioned?  Or are you only wanting to use 1 wax?  

I'm honestly not sure how many waxes I would like to use yet, but I have blended these two together and it wasn't the appearance I desired.  I am not sure if I want to start messing around with 3 waxes in each blend, but never can tell at this stage.  I think I may be playing with wax blends for a long time to come even though it's already been quite awhile since I started.

On 7/6/2017 at 9:48 AM, TallTayl said:

I have both, and am going to get to the wick test project once my summer event settles.

4630 is surprisingly sturdy in heat given the texture. It contains a lot of petrolatum, making it super sticky.

4786 (the slabs I have) are extremely hard. I tried HTp wicks in them and the smoke was unbelievable. And dance from a draft and plumes of smoke came off the candle. Flames were super tall too. People who I know use This wax have lit photographs that confirm it was not just my experience.

have not gotten far enough along to test for throw. Until basic wick is settled on to eliminate the two biggest problem I had I won't go further. 

That is good to know about the 4630 in heat just in case I want it in my blend.  The 4786 is hard but not brittle like the 4625 or 4794.  I'm still debating on the best way to break/slice the 4786.  It seems to be soft enough to bend a corner but not enough for easy slicing.  It's hard but not as hard to where I could hammer and knife it.  The smoke is a bummer, thank goodness I'm not venturing into candles yet.  I definitely do not blame you for wanting to get one thing down prior to proceeding.

On 7/7/2017 at 2:35 PM, lovelyscents said:

I'm honestly not sure how many waxes I would like to use yet, but I have blended these two together and it wasn't the appearance I desired.  I am not sure if I want to start messing around with 3 waxes in each blend, but never can tell at this stage.  I think I may be playing with wax blends for a long time to come even though it's already been quite awhile since I started.

I totally understand. I do think the mixing of these two will require a double pour....that is kind of where I am right now too. So I get what you're going through. Some days are good. Some not as much. 

• Like 1