New EcoSoy Info

18% FO load? Wow - i wonder if that's how much you would need as well, because that is a LOT of FO. I know that just because that's the max, doesn't necessarily mean that's how much is needed, however in my limited (very limited -and could be wrong) soy does tend to need more FO load than paraffin does, but I don't think I'd ever be compelled to use 18% regardless of if that's how much it can hold. But there are always going to be people out there that will do that because they can do that, kwim? 

Just thinking out loud, you can totally dismiss what I'm saying. Just random thoughts put to pen... 

7 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

18% FO load? Wow - i wonder if that's how much you would need as well, because that is a LOT of FO. I know that just because that's the max, doesn't necessarily mean that's how much is needed, however in my limited (very limited -and could be wrong) soy does tend to need more FO load than paraffin does, but I don't think I'd ever be compelled to use 18% regardless of if that's how much it can hold. But there are always going to be people out there that will do that because they can do that, kwim? 

Just thinking out loud, you can totally dismiss what I'm saying. Just random thoughts put to pen... 

I could certainly understand using the complete 18% with a light scent.     I've personally used right now with my  Gw464 and Ecosoy  @ 12%.  With the Ecosoy im still barely getting a HT at 12% but alot more than what i was getting @  6-9%. However with the Gw464 im using at 12% with a stronger scent and the HT and CT has improved significantly.   Currently  ive pushed myself back to the testing stage with wicks/fo load combo's.  with the new Ecosoy coming out i am excited to push it a little bit further than just 12% maybe a 14 or even 15.     2oz (12%)  with a Premier Sm  and or Premier Md.   Here in Canada, very limited on wicks to use and have found that premiers are almost perfect "almost".  Any suggestions on wicks that would improve even more the HT with the GW464?  Thanks for your input @Jcandleattic  

I  don't work with soy so I can't speak for how much is needed, etc., but what I do know, is that my bottom line would not allow for me to use 18% FO in any application I would use it in. If I had to use that much in any 1 product, I would drop the product, or drop the scent. Something would have to give. The market I'm in just wouldn't pay the mark-up I'd have to do to account for that much scent in product. That's all I was saying. (although probably not very clearly, sorry) 

If people can get that type of return on their products when using that much, good for them. I just know my market wouldn't allow for it. 

• Like 1