Isn't this palm wax?

Just noticed these crystals when opening a Black Crow Candle Co. candle.  They must have changed their wax formula because this was not in their candles a couple of years back.  Because there is no place on the internet that I can find (including their website) nor on the candles telling the customer if their candles are soy, paraffin, palm, I emailed them.  They responded that "it is a paraffin wax".  Are these crystals found in paraffin candles?  

Goldie

black crow palm.jpg

They can be found in paraffin if there is a mottling wax used.

Mottling wax is not typically a container candle wax, but with the right additives you can get it to do it. However, I've never seen a paraffin wax crystal in that 'feather' pattern, but I've also never seen a palm wax have such defined crystals like that either. 

Do you know if this pattern is throughout the candle, or just on top? It almost looks like a pattern that was added to the top of the candle, and not something that is throughout. 

25 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

They can be found in paraffin if there is a mottling wax used.

Mottling wax is not typically a container candle wax, but with the right additives you can get it to do it. However, I've never seen a paraffin wax crystal in that 'feather' pattern, but I've also never seen a palm wax have such defined crystals like that either. 

Do you know if this pattern is throughout the candle, or just on top? It almost looks like a pattern that was added to the top of the candle, and not something that is throughout. 

I didn't buy the candle so not sure if it goes all the way through.

Goldie

24 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Is it glitter? If it rubs off on your finger tip it very well might be added after.

I got the pattern transferred onto my finger by touching the candle (shows in photo on my finger).  So is it glitter?

Goldie

6 minutes ago, GalaxyGirl said:

I've never seen something like this. What was the company's explanation of this? Because I'm really curious of what exactly it is. 

All they said is "it is a paraffin wax", nothing else.

Goldie

I've never seen palm make patterns like that before. My guess is it might have something to do with the scent. Some fragrances do crystalize under certain conditions. But then I have never seen a fragrance crystalize in a finished candle either. IDK.:huh: