Mason Jar Aroma Beads

JeremyM

11 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

@ShellyF I shouldn't have said it that way (I'm not that bad).  I probably have close to what you have! lol

GoldieMN

lol I know it seems like a lot of people on here have a fragrance addiction. How do you know when to stop? People sell stuff to me for 90 percent off most of the time. I have a room full of oils now that is in a mess. Having to resort and organize again because I just got a huge amount this week. I am going to have to stop buying but don't know how. lol I sell a lot of clothes and shoes to get more money to buy fragrances. I'm a very thrifty shopper but pray for expensive things. I get them. I laugh when I see people saying FO HOs lol it looks like I'm joining them. I know it's not much to most people on here but I have 6 pounds of Patchouli right now. Lol I don't even like patchouli and I am not an established business yet. But I'm keeping it because people do like it. I have over 1, 500 different scents now. I think I'm going to be making lots of Crystal potpourri lol 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 6:24 PM, ShelleyF said:

I haven't sold any yet but read you can put them in there. I know the aroma beads can so I hope it's ok. Maybe someone will verify for us lol The star ones are very cute. I saw some of those the other day online. I just bought Daisy lids as I love them a lot and the price was great. I got 374 lids for $58 and that includes shipping. Ordered last Thursday afternoon and Satt morning it was delivered. It was on eBay and she ran out of some of the colors but might have some of them left. I'm not sure. I got pewter, orange, yellow, pink, white, and  ice blue. I love them especially the orange for Halloween. I'm going to make black licorice crystals with the orange Daisy lid. And some orange organza bags. I know I can't put them in Ziploc bags as it will suck the scent. Can I put in mylar? They are expensive but supposed to be tough. I never had any of those have you?

I'm thinking the crisp, cellophane-type bags would work.  This has been discussed here, but I don't know if the exact name of the plastic was mentioned.  Maybe polypropylene?   Rustic Escentuals sells them for one.  

GoldieMN

36 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I'm thinking the crisp, cellophane-type bags would work.  This has been discussed here, but I don't know if the exact name of the plastic was mentioned.  Maybe polypropylene?   Rustic Escentuals sells them for one.  

GoldieMN

You are right it is polypropylene.The other kind Ziploc is made with is polyethylene. I bought some organza bags and polypropylene bags. I would love mylar but they are  expensive. 

7 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

@ShelleyF How goes the solar salt thig-a-ma-jigs?  :laugh2:I mixed up two different fragrances in small Pyrex measuring cups.   I'm wondering if I should have just spread them out on parchment paper as they are taking a long time to dry.

GoldieMN

I put them in mason jars but don't overfill the jar. Then shake several times a day for a day or two. It doesn't take a lot of oil. You can always add more crystals if you added too much oil  That is what I did. I haven't sold any yet but going to in a day or two. My last daughter moved out so it's been hectic with her move and my rearranging lol