When listing candles this is probably not the best photo to use

Scrolling through listings on etsy I came across this candle and looked twice then could not believe my eyes. 

IMG_1440.JPG

this is is what happened to me with an over wicked candle. The glass exploded. Why oh why would someone think this is a good idea???

This is why we test for shallow, safe melt pools. When i see deep melt pools early on a candle this is what my mind fast forwards to.

We are not being mean when we speak out against poor candle container choices or overwicked pics.  Burning someone's home down is a real risk.

Always test.

Always test within view.

Always test for a power burn in case someone forgets it is lit or falls asleep. 

Off to compose myself. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Nickie said:

The seller also forgot to remove the price sticker from the bottom of that glass. 

Unless that's the warning/caution label. Without being able to see it we can't assume. However, yeah, not the best picture/candle to show for the listing... 

Ummmm, needs more than a damn warning label with this candle!  

I think it's fair to assume, after seeing this. 

9 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Unless that's the warning/caution label. Without being able to see it we can't assume. However, yeah, not the best picture/candle to show for the listing... 

12 hours ago, Nickie said:

I didn't say it didn't need more than a warning label. It is more than obvious that this is a dangerous candle. That doesn't mean a caution label was not attached, and since I cannot see the tag, I'm not going to assume one way or another what that tag actually is. It's not my candle, so I honestly don't care. 

3 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I didn't say it didn't need more than a warning label. It is more than obvious that this is a dangerous candle. That doesn't mean a caution label was not attached, and since I cannot see the tag, I'm not going to assume one way or another what that tag actually is. It's not my candle, so I honestly don't care. 

15 hours ago, Nickie said:

Yeah, no matter what it is, that label looks terrible and distracting.  I know the focus is the fire but some of us can't help ourselves. :laugh2:  

Goldie

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 6:37 AM, GoldieMN said:

Yeah, no matter what it is, that label looks terrible and distracting.  I know the focus is the fire but some of us can't help ourselves. :laugh2:  

Goldie

Haaaa!  Exactly!!  

stickers aside, overwicked and overscented candles can, and do, become engulfed in flames. Look at the melt pool. When I see candles with excessive melt pools I know the next step and just wanted to put it out there this is why we test.