I HAD A THOUGHT!!!! (DUCK!!!)

Sponiebr

(OH SNAP! He's THINKING again!!! INCOMING!!!!!!)

So I was here fart'n around with stuff that I probably shouldn't be fart'n around with, but I'm still fart'n around with it cause I said I'd fart around with it, and I really SHOULD learn how to use a period, and how to keep my damned mouth SHUT. 

AND I had a THOUGHT too! 

So which name do you like mo'better? Bad Idea Soaps or Bad Idea SoapWerkz?  
Whaddaya think? 

Slainte, 

Sponiebr: The Executor of Bad sump'n'r'other in flux... 

Okay, I personally like Bad Idea SoapWerks. It has a nice ring to it. I have never been a fan of replacing letters like "c" with a "k" or "s" with a "z". It's a personal peeve, so much so that when I see cutsey names like Kandle Kottage or Soap and Sudz, I just pass right over it. But that's my idiosyncrasy, not yours.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Faerywren said:

Okay, I personally like Bad Idea SoapWerks. It has a nice ring to it. I have never been a fan of replacing letters like "c" with a "k" or "s" with a "z". It's a personal peeve, so much so that when I see cutsey names like Kandle Kottage or Soap and Sudz, I just pass right over it. But that's my idiosyncrasy, not yours.

THANK YOU! Faerywren!!! (MUAH!!!) 

(Whew...) I was starting to sweat over here... I'm like have I been censored, AGAIN!? (I've never been censored.... from craftserver.... yet...)

So no c/k substitutions, and no s/z substitutions for ya? Ok! Got it! 

How about SoapWerx? I'm not being a smart-(ish), (not intentionally anyway). I'm asking because the k+s consonant blend seems to be commonly abbreviated to x in things like steel works and such.) 

Many thanx!  

Sponiebr: The Executor of Bad Ideas and the voice inside Pinky's head. <NARF!>

(tears up with joy) My people are RETURNING!!!  

3 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Make it easy enough to google. Will people remember the quirky spelling?

Google!? I didn't know they were even interested! Wow! Oh, I see what you're talking about... 

Wait a sec... Isn't o.O...

Ok, so Soap Works and SoapWerks, are popular so far, and Werkz, Werx, Workz, and Worx are not?    

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Do you want to limit to soap? Bad Idea Bath Co? Bad Idea Bubble Factory, lol.

Well... "of course not!!!" 

(pssst... That's where the "Sundry Services" part comes in, but don't tell anyone...) 

2 minutes ago, Candybee said:

or bad idea soap and stuff;)

I TOTALLY went there!

I was thinking: "NOBODY knows what sundry means anymore... I'm gonna get some health nut who's looking for nuts, twigs, and dried fruit in there and they're gonna nibble on a bar of soap thinking it's food because "sundry is SUN+DRY which means all natural "organic" SUN - DRIED fruit..." and I'm GONNA get SUED! Better call it Bad Idea Soaps 'n Stuff..." 

Which, really DOESN'T sound all that bad. 

Lots of Soaps 'n' Stuff's out there though... Not many Soaps and Sundries... Oh, but the NUTZ!!!!! (oh but my head...) 

Not many Soap Werx... Or Soap Worx... OR Soap Werks, or even Soap Wrx... 
Bad Idea Soap Worx & Needful Things... Say now! That's SURE to be a crowd pleaser! 

Sponiebr the Executor of indecision, and over-analysis. 

Oh I like Bad Idea Soaps 'n Stuff!

Not sure how well the needful things will work but I like that too. One thing I do know about naming your biz is try to keep it short and sweet. Seriously, later on you will find there are so many reasons why you will wish you did. Long names can be hard to fit on smaller labels, soap stamps, an array of promo materials, etc. Shorter, quirky, cool sounding, or easy to remember names that stick in your head like a song work the best and are much easier to work with down the road.

Also, run it by family and friends. If someone doesn't 'get' the name you are looking at the probability of many others not 'getting' it.

Eg., I once named my candle company CandaLisa Candles. The combo of Candace and Analisa. My 1st and middle names. Everyone kept calling me Lisa all the time. Plus some would jokingly say or even snidely comment are you Candle Lisa? So I found out the hard way after I made signs, labels, website, soap stamp, biz cards, brochures, at al with my biz name. So after putting up with it for a few years I finally changed it and so glad I did. Some names just don't work!

Wanted to add if you do change your biz name down the road you can lose customers or at the very least confuse them! Don't ask me how. I plunged ahead and did it because in my case I needed to!

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Bad Ideas

by Sponie

Oh... ho-ho-ho.... OH!!!! YEAH!!!!! 
original.gif

Really, really, Bad...

Idea! 

I've thought of it, I LOVE IT, and I Wish I could do it, but if people balk slightly at Bad Idea Soaps, general Bad Idealism probably won't sell. ( Might keep that for my Umbrella Corp... When I diversify... o.O )

If I do cosmetics like my roomie up there, might call that "Color Me Bad-ish..." "Kiss my A: $$//end $tring Cosmetics..." Oh I've got a BUNCHA them... I Just came up with a 100% GUARANTEED TO SELL name for a Sunscreen... (And it doesn't exist on the interweb yet... OMG!!! I gotta get on the SUNSCREEN WAGON!!!!) 

One thing at a time though... I'm feel'n the Bad Idea Soaps n' Stuff.

Keep'm come'n! 

Slainte,

Sponiebr

Hey Sponey,

Ok, here is my opinion....We all have come to know you through the forum here and know your somewhat style.....lol...and your name "Executer of Bad Ideas" is you which is great as that is how we all recognize you.   I know through all your hilarious and quirky posts that behind your words you do take your soap making very serious and from pictures put up you truly have some great looking soaps!   Now that you are going for your name for your business, I understand the reasons why you would want to possibly name it using the word Bad Idea Soap/Werks....but for the reason Tall Tayle put up stating if you google it, will people remember that you spell "works" werks?  Most likely not I would say...But then again once you type in google the beginning of your name "Bad Idea" your name Bad Idea Soap Werks I believe will come up.  Probably most people will think it is a typeographical error when it shows up like that....so I'm thinking that name would work.....you know?  I myself don't like the word "stuff", but that is me personally.  When I hear Soaps and Stuff....well aahhh...just doesn't hit me.  When I think about it, soaps are truly "works of art" to me and just hearing "stuff" in your name just cheapens your product and I just don't like that word.  It reminds me of the word "crap". lol.....  Now I think people are going to remember the words "Bad Idea" and I really do like that name, Bad Idea Soaps  or Bad Idea Soap Werx.  Maybe Bad Idea Soap Werx & Needfulls?  I stink at names!  Not sure if I even like needfulls....how bout Bad Idea Soaps & Amenities?

Trappeur