Greetings from Fabulous (blazing) Las Vegas, NV

NickS

What's your name? Nick

How old are you? 47

Where do you live? Las Vegas (technically North Las Vegas), NV

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Just getting re-started. I found a tub with my old candle making supplies and found some notes dated 1998, so it's been a minute.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Back in the pre-internet stone ages, we picked up a starter kit on a whim and found we enjoyed the hobby, but our local supplier closed up and finding other places without internet was just too much effort to continue. Currently, I've been brainstorming business ideas (especially ones that my wife and I can do together) because what I currently do is pretty dead end. I'm looking to eventually turn candles into a business, but if it doesn't work out, it won't be a loss because we love candles for personal use.

Are you married? Any kids? Married 25 years to my beautiful wife Missy. 3 beagles, no human children.

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? Deliver food for Grubhub.

Anything else we should know? Our candle making efforts will be funded primarily with poker winnings. Hoping for an outstanding parlay of these funds (eventually).

I'm happy to show off my babies. Here's Jade, Jasper, and Flint. Jasper has cancer on his face and has had a major surgery and chemotherapy to no avail. He's now on cannabis oil and we've committed to making his last days as comfortable and joyful as possible.

Jade is the old lady in the group, the skinny one with all the ticking. Flint is the puppy.

Awwww! What sweetie pies! They are so adorable. My fav pic is the one of them all cuddled and wrapped together on the comfy chair! Sorry to hear about Jasper. I think the best you can do is make his last days as good as possible. Are you doing a doggy bucket list for him? Or is he more of the stay at home and skip the outdoor adventure's type?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Candybee said:

Awwww! What sweetie pies! They are so adorable. My fav pic is the one of them all cuddled and wrapped together on the comfy chair! Sorry to hear about Jasper. I think the best you can do is make his last days as good as possible. Are you doing a doggy bucket list for him? Or is he more of the stay at home and skip the outdoor adventure's type?

Ha, that's the picture I use for my phone wallpaper. He had recently started getting car sick so we try to avoid driving him anywhere. He has been to Red Rock Canyon and off roading in Valley of Fire. We live right next to a park, so they get to go there frequently.

• Like 1