Please tell me NG's fresh brewed coffee will eventually smell like coffee

GailC

I had a request for a plain old coffee candle, so I finally ordered Nature's Garden's World's Best Fresh Brewed Coffee.  The description said to please not judge the smell OOB.  I could see why when I got it.  Very stinky to me.

I just put it into GW444 wax and it smells nothing like coffee to me.  Not quite as bad as OOB, but still not good.

Have any of you used this FO and what did you think of it?  

Gail don't know what to tell you but since I order a lot from CS one day I did get their coffee and it is ssstttrrrooong.....You can definitely cut back on this fragrance in 464.  I have tried a few from other companies but with my experience they all smell like burnt bitter coffee....just not impressed with anyone to be quite honest.  I usually will blend my own and add vanilla and it tones it down and is nice.  Sorry this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Trappeur

44 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Does it have a hint of cat pee in it? Most coffee fragrance oils do to my poooor nose. A nose that loves real coffee.

I really don't know how to describe it.  I did read a lot of reviews on various coffee FO's and some people mentioned a skunky smell.  It's not that bad, but OOB it is pretty bad.  Once I poured it, I kept smelling it, and I am baffled as to what it smells like.  I know it is almost turning my stomach, so I need to let some other people smell it.  Maybe they will smell coffee.

The potential customer didn't want any flavored coffee smell.  I have a good Hazelnut Coffee.

I used to have a small bottle of Columbian coffee that smelled like good coffee, but I just looked on my list, and it came from Bert or Heaven Scent.  

Remember when you used to walk down the coffee aisle at the grocery store and there was a grinder to grind your own coffee and that aisle always smelled so good?  That's what I want. :)

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Gail don't know what to tell you but since I order a lot from CS one day I did get their coffee and it is ssstttrrrooong.....You can definitely cut back on this fragrance in 464.  I have tried a few from other companies but with my experience they all smell like burnt bitter coffee....just not impressed with anyone to be quite honest.  I usually will blend my own and add vanilla and it tones it down and is nice.  Sorry this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Trappeur

I was tempted to add vanilla or something...but the lady wanted plain coffee.  Besides I thought I should give it a chance in the wax and see what happens in a few days.  But I've never had a fragrance change odor in a few days before. :)

I noticed the oil looked a little milky when I poured it.  I've never used oil that wasn't clear before.  Maybe it's bad?  I'm going to call Nature's Garden Monday and ask if the oil is supposed to look milky.

Well, guess what?  So far, I've had my daughter and a friend smell a candle.  Didn't tell them what it was.  They both said it smelled like coffee and it smelled good. They liked it!  I told my friend then that it was supposed to smell like fresh brewed coffee and she said that's exactly what it smells like.

So what do I know?  Maybe I was so turned off by the smell OOB that it prejudiced me and I couldn't get past that smell when it was put into wax.  If that makes any sense.

• Like 4

It's hard not to judge OOB, however I have a handful of scents that I love and wouldn't have if I didn't put them in wax and let them cure.  I think most of us tend to get turned off on a scent if that first sniff isn't what we expect.

• Like 1

When my great niece was around 2 years old, she used to love to smell my FO's.  The one she loved the most she would smell and exclaim, "Hot coffee!"

She is 8 years old now and today I had her smell the coffee candle.  She made a face, and definitely didn't like it.  When I asked her what it smelled like, her assessment was "popcorn, kettle corn, and coffee."

So there ya go. :)

Ive yet to smell a straight coffee that I like. I think I've read on here that RE has a good coffee, have you tried that one Gail ? I like the "flavored" ones. Love the 

vanilla hazelnut from WSP + the one from CS - yummy :) 

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Ive yet to smell a straight coffee that I like. I think I've read on here that RE has a good coffee, have you tried that one Gail ? I like the "flavored" ones. Love the 

vanilla hazelnut from WSP + the one from CS - yummy :) 

I didn't know it would be so hard to get a straight coffee that smells like coffee, because years ago I bought a small bottle of Columbian Coffee from Bert, and guess what?  It smelled like coffee!  Very good.  I just started looking for plain coffee because of a request I got.  So I haven't tried any others.  I normally like everything I get from Nature's Garden and the coffee had many good reviews.  

I like Hazelnut Coffee.  I've had some from Bluegrass before they went out of business, and recently got some from NG, which is very good.

Update on the Fresh Brewed Coffee.

I took one to lunch to let my friends smell it. They both said it smells just like coffee and one friend bought the candle right then.  The other friend wants one.  

I still don't like the smell, but thankfully I am in the minority.  So forget everything I said bad about NG Fresh Brewed Coffee. :) 

• Like 2

My niece said it smelled like burnt popcorn.  

But the friend who bought one yesterday said she kept thinking she left the coffee pot on.

Two noses smell two completely different scents.

• Like 2