Sealing sugar scrub jars

Candybee

Now that I am adding sugar scrubs to my line I'm thinking about how to seal the jars so they don't leak.

I bought some clear plastic PET jars with liner lids but felt they needed more. So I also bought some press and seal lid liners. The seals have a sticky side you press against the rim and it seals the jar making it tamper proof. This will keep the jars visably tamper proof but will it be enough to seal the jars so they don't leak?

There is also a plastic disc you can use but I think those would be better for creams and not an oily product like sugar scrubs. Am I wrong? Are the plastic discs better?

Would like to know what others use to seal their sugar scrub jars with to keep any oil from leaking out.

Edited by Candybee

Awwww... tape.  Of course! Duh!

Don't know how well it holds up. Its the base from EBC so I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row by trying out sealing methods, jars, lids, liners, scents, colorants, etc. It's all new to me so I have to start somewhere.

The base is not oily like other bases I have used before. Its really nice. I am hoping it stays emulsified but only testing it out will tell. Its getting to the hottest time of the year so I want to test it out now. I figure summer heat can be a real litmus test for this base!

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I use hydrophobic silica as a gelling agent. It is wonderful stuff, and does not separate in my perfumery and such. Never thought to use it in scrubs, but will next! The silica has a velvety feel to it. 

You amaze me !!! How do you know all this stuff ???? Where do you buy that type of silica + how did you learn all this stuff ? You need to write a book lady !