A Few Firsts

My first try at layers, my first time trying a recipe without any coconut or olive oil, and my first time NOT using my stick blender. Mixed this baby with just my two wittle hands (lol...summoning my inner tweety bird there). I actually kind of liked it...felt like I had a little more control and I was better able to see the batter go from emulsified to light trace to whoa-nellie-that-got-thick. Fragrance is a blend of Calabrian Bergamot & Violets with Sea Salt & Rice Flower...and does it smell PURTY! Happy Monday, everyone!

20170612_093759.jpg

20170612_112411.jpg

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Super pretty. You picked some fast moving fragrances on this one! 

Lol...I sure did. It was my first time using them and I tried to prepare for it best I could. That's why I kept my stick blender in the closet for this one. I was able to get the one half colored lavender and halved the other half to do the blue and white...and by that time it was already getting gloppy on me. Did a quick ITPS with the blue and white and was able to get it to pour okay up until the end. Had to plop the lavender in. But hey...it's all fun and good for learning!

2 hours ago, Terry said:

Very pretty Phoenix!

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Very purty !

Thank you, thank you! All things considered, I was pretty pleased with it. The coloring came out like I had hoped, and I'm loving the FO combo. Hope it sticks!

• Like 2