6006 inconsistencies

I know there has been issues with this wax in the past. I just got three cases in (Lot # T1701202 Manufacturing date 4/13/17) and it's definitely not consistent with the way it normally is. Very yellowish color to the wax. Made a few test candles from the batch and none seem to be burning like they normally do. Having a hard time reaching the sides of the container and scent throw after 24 hours is not as strong as it normally is with 6006. If I had to venture to guess I think they may have thrown more soy in the batch. Just a heads up to anyone else using 6006 to watch out for this particular batch. Might have to consider going with candlewic's parasoy blend CBL-130 moving forward. Hoping the consistency and quality control is better with Candlewic than it is at IGI.

Yes, CS is no cheap unless you do pallet size... so I order pallets when possible.

I have'nt had good luck with bulk apoethcary on pretty much anything. Hopefully they aren't selling you old bad wax.

Ill chekc my lots numbers tonight.

• Like 1

I'm thinking more soy was thrown into the batch than normal. According to the label on the boxes from IGI it was made on April 13, 2017. So definitely not old wax. I just don't think IGI has great quality control practices in place when blending wax. Not the first time I've had issues. Last year I ordered several cases from CS and the wax was cracking inside the jars. I believe someone else on here was having the same issue with 6006 at the time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ray said:

Bulk Apothecary. Shipping is much cheaper for me, plus they almost always have 15% off orders of $250 or more. 

BA always has 10% off with a coupon code. I love their bigger surprise codes. It is like free shipping. Their wax saves me about $10 a case or more from othe suppliers. 

The last 2 slabs I bought of a new wax to try they wrapped beautifully in geami paper. ❤️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ray said:

I'm thinking more soy was thrown into the batch than normal. According to the label on the boxes from IGI it was made on April 13, 2017. So definitely not old wax. I just don't think IGI has great quality control practices in place when blending wax. Not the first time I've had issues. Last year I ordered several cases from CS and the wax was cracking inside the jars. I believe someone else on here was having the same issue with 6006 at the time.

It is funny you are noticing a change in your soy. My latest cases of C3 produced in April of 17 are VERY different from last year's lots. It is more yellow, and the flakes are "wetter". The wax does not seem to burn or throw the same as prior lots.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new case of 415 here manufactured 3-23-17 and it too is not burning as it should. It should not require a CD16 in a 3" wide tin. In most scents i have been re-re-re-testing, that does not even get to FMP after a few burns. I used to routinely use a CD10 or at most a 12. All scents threw like mad. Now none except one or two in my line of 50 are.

Something is off with soy wax. i can feel it.

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I have a new case of 415 here manufactured 3-23-17 and it too is not burning as it should. It should not require a CD16 in a 3" wide tin. In most scents i have been re-re-re-testing, that does not even get to FMP after a few burns. I used to routinely use a CD10 or at most a 12. All scents threw like mad. Now none except one or two in my line of 50 are.

Something is off with soy wax. i can feel it.

Hmmm, interesting. TT what do you think it is ? Did you get yours from CS as well ? 

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Hmmm, interesting. TT what do you think it is ? Did you get yours from CS as well ? 

No, bulk apothecary for the 415, EAP for the three cases of C3. 

Another chandler friend gets her 415 from CS and it too is different. 

My my gut tells me they all get the same base hydrogenated soy from the same somewhere and it is the root cause. I looked closer at my C3 a little bit ago and it is indeed pretty yellow. 

• 5 weeks later...

So I just cracked open my new case of 6006 from BA, looks like it's the same lot discussed above. Attached is pic of the lot and in the tote is the wax from BA, left, and wax I had received a couple months ago from Candlescience. Major difference!

Did anyone find out what was going on? Did testing result in changing wicks? UGH ?

IMG_4837.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG

Yes, same lot I had. Looked exactly the same. From what others here have been saying, I believe there is a problem with soy wax and I'm thinking the soy is creating the yellowish wax. We haven't changed our wicking any. Cure time does seem to take a little longer than normal. If you're not coloring your wax, you'll notice the finished product is not it's usual pure white with most oils you use...most of our candles are coming out slightly yellow. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KimmyPee said:

I sent a message to BA, I'll send to IGI in the morning. Luckily I color my parasoy candles but something's not right. I'll post if/when I hear back from them. 

Thank you. 

All of us soy wax users are in a tail spin right now. 

• Like 1

I know TT, I also have a case of C-3 coming and I'm worried about that from what I've been reading on threads here. I only ordered 1 since I had read about the problems with it, might have to look at switching to the new eco waxes. 

Bulk responded to me asking for the photos and said she will get to the bottom of this, we will see. 

Off topic I know I read somewhere on here what other supplier was close to Peaks for Birthday Cake FO, does anyone know.. them closing just made my friggin day, ugh. I suspected something was up this weekend since the website was down.. 

On 7/23/2017 at 8:37 PM, KimmyPee said:

So I just cracked open my new case of 6006 from BA, looks like it's the same lot discussed above. Attached is pic of the lot and in the tote is the wax from BA, left, and wax I had received a couple months ago from Candlescience. Major difference!

Did anyone find out what was going on? Did testing result in changing wicks? UGH ?

IMG_4837.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG

See mine is like the left and I also ordered from BA!!  Wow, now I am questioning my whole testing and judgement on this wax since I've been testing from the same slab.  Wow, this is discouraging.