Foaming soap

Candybee

It's been a long time but I know it's way thinner than normal liquid soap and yes the foamer bottle is what makes it foam.  I like it for my bathroom hand soap so I take regular liquid soap now and thin it out to work in the foamer bottle.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 7:01 AM, Shari said:

I agree with kandlekrazy.  It's just liquid soap diluted more and placed in a foamer dispenser. 

Can you give me a starting point of how diluted my LS should be? I do about 1:2 right now.... do I double that like 1 part paste to 3 parts water, 4 parts water? more?

Also, can I use any LS recipe I like or do some oils or oil combos work better?

Last question, I saw a foaming base that had dimethicone in it for "a silky afterfeel"... has anyone used any additives to impart a silkier feel or more moisturizing feel? etc?

It really depends on how thick your liquid soap is.  Example would be dishwashing liquid is generally thick so I do 1 pt soap to 3-4 parts water.  My hand soap is thinner so I can do 1 pt soap to 2-3 pts water.  You will know because it won't pump out of the foamer if its too thick.  It has to really be on the watery side.  I know, not much help!!  Since I'm not making my LS I will leave it up to the soapmakers to answer the other questions.

• Like 1

Thanks kandlekrazy. That makes sense to me. I know sometimes I make LS and its kind of watery so the next time I use less water.

I just ordered some bottles with foamer pumps so when I get those I will start testing with my current LS to see if I need to dilute more. :)