Trying new things

KrazeKelly

Hi all! Sorry I've been keeping to myself lately. So much going on!! No more craft fairs til fall for me and I have plenty of soap until I start making fall soaps. So I've been working in my garden, went on a small vacation to Branson with my mom and kids & grandkids, working on updating tiles and paint in the house, dealing with my son being in jail for who knows how long ? And the list goes on. So I finally tried something that I've been wanting to do for a while. Fluid pour acrylic painting! It reminds me so much of pouring soap but has some pretty awesome effects. So I thought I would share my first ones with you. It's been a lot of fun trying something new to distract my thoughts. IMG_6919.thumb.JPG.325de062b777704f2d29efa743d76426.JPGIMG_6910.thumb.JPG.a27477a7d44c0acf52d2af700518f552.JPGIMG_6914.thumb.JPG.35cf48cc7f8b68e6c3b59c34a0df6cea.JPGIMG_6903.thumb.JPG.502e7641deddc1f27101a10716187301.JPGIMG_6900.thumb.JPG.93860815625ced3fad74891a85a178b3.JPG 

Edited by KrazeKelly
  • Like 8

Wow KK those are beautiful!!

I am so sorry to hear about your son ?

You don't have to answer but what brought this about....that has to be so hard and emotionally draining, I applaud you for even being able to try anything right now- my heart hurts for you I wish I 

Could help 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Wow KK those are beautiful!!

I am so sorry to hear about your son ?

You don't have to answer but what brought this about....that has to be so hard and emotionally draining, I applaud you for even being able to try anything right now- my heart hurts for you I wish I 

Could help 

Thanks!! Well, it's been an on going issue for the last couple of years. Drugs, gambling, bad people, theft, missing court dates and not paying fines. We had him talked into turning himself in since he has warrants. So he was going to do that after I went up there for vacation because he wanted to see me first. But that didn't happen be cause they picked him up the morning I was leaving to come back home. ? He's been in jail for over a week now and no one has heard from him. They will tell us nothing. The only thing I can found out online is that he has 2 preliminary hearings in July. His dad had to go there to put money on a phone account for him so hopefully he will call someone soon. Honestly he is where he needs to be right now. At least we know where he is. After he deals with all this, I told him I would bring him back to Texas and try to help him stay away from all the people up there he knows. I know it's going to be a long road and the same stuff is here too but he doesn't know anyone here so maybe it will help. Who knows!! I just pray and that's all I got. He's only 21. So sad ?

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I do hope and pray things get better. I've probably asked you before (I'm sure I have but can't remember) but what part of Texas are you in?

Your paintings are beautiful by the way. I'm sure it's a great stress reliever. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

I like your paintings Kelly - are you going to sell them?  I know making candles has saved my sanity at times. Now I am getting into soap making as well so I should be almost completely sane in a few years or so HA!  I am sorry about your son and will keep him and you in my prayers....

• Like 1

wow they are amazing, the red one looks like a dragon in the corner up near the top

and the yellow one looks like the moon, I did these years ago when I was younger....it was fun to do. There all Amazing

Edited by MaggieMay
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Belinda said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I do hope and pray things get better. I've probably asked you before (I'm sure I have but can't remember) but what part of Texas are you in?

Your paintings are beautiful by the way. I'm sure it's a great stress reliever. Thank you for sharing!

Belinda, I am near Abilene and yes, it is a great stress reliever ?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Prayers are very much appreciated. I do plan on selling these and adding them to my booth and webstore. I just have to figure out the pricing and what I want to finish them with. I really really wanted to apply resin but that stuff is expensive. So, I'm gonna play around with different things and see what I like. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

Belinda, I am near Abilene and yes, it is a great stress reliever ?

Oh ok. I'm in Texas too but in the southeast part of the piney woods section. I live in the small town of Cleveland, about 50 miles north of Houston. Not too terribly far from you though!

• Like 1

The paintings are amazing Kelly! So beautiful! 

Sorry to hear about the troubles with your son. He is young, but hopefully this experience will help turn him around. I have to deal with the same type of issues from my son-in-law. :( 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/1/2017 at 8:34 AM, KrazeKelly said:

Thanks!! Well, it's been an on going issue for the last couple of years. Drugs, gambling, bad people, theft, missing court dates and not paying fines. We had him talked into turning himself in since he has warrants.

Oh that's so sad to hear! Also sorry for the kinda off-topic, it's just that my son was in the same situation. I can recommend this article https://addictionresource.com/drug-rehab/men-only/ if you still have problems (I really hope you don't).