Clamshell molds - who do you like?

KrisS

I'd been using the Peak clamshells, but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with them being out of stock on everything.

Has anyone used Fillmore's?     How do they compare?    $250 for 850 pieces at Peak vs. $112 for 700 pieces at Fillmore.  (Plus shipping)

Obviously, if I buy from Fillmore, I'd get a sample pack first.   Just checking for your experiences.

Thoughts?   Input?  Other suggestions?

Thank you both.   I'm not quite production ready, so Impact is a little much on the quantity--bummer, as I've heard great things about them.

Maple Street is going to be very, very expensive.   I've been been wanting to try a few FO samples...and this just sounds like a great excuse!!  

Ugh.  $56 for shipping the clamshells.   Maybe that isn't a good excuse.

Edited by KrisS

32 minutes ago, KrisS said:

Thank you both.   I'm not quite production ready, so Impact is a little much on the quantity--bummer, as I've heard great things about them.

Maple Street is going to be very, very expensive.   I've been been wanting to try a few FO samples...and this just sounds like a great excuse!!  

Ugh.  $56 for shipping the clamshells.   Maybe that isn't a good excuse.

They may only ship USPS, and if you are on the west coast....yeah. That's a lot.  BUT the good news is, they do a flat rate shipping ($8 I think) for any amount of fragrances, so you could still try a few.  I've tried several.  I only had one I didn't care for, not that it was bad, just kinda one dimensional.  I do use their Vanilla Tobacco and Salted Caramel.

I buy about 10,000 a year from Fillmore, no problems. I just haven't gotten around to buying from Impact. Maple's are the exact same, their issue is they play with the price which drives me nuts.

The real question I want to know is were in the heck does Fillmore buy from? I cant believe they get that much of a discount buying in bulk from Impact. They bothe sell them for .16 each

Edited by wgregww

2 hours ago, wgregww said:

I buy about 10,000 a year from Fillmore, no problems. I just haven't gotten around to buying from Impact. Maple's are the exact same, their issue is they play with the price which drives me nuts.

The real question I want to know is were in the heck does Fillmore buy from? I cant believe they get that much of a discount buying in bulk from Impact. They bothe sell them for .16 each

I got a quote once from Impact on getting more than 26,000 clams and if I remember correctly it was .09 or .10 ea.  I'm sure the big suppliers buy at least that many and since they place many orders a year probably get a break for that as well.