Every time I order from Peak I am blown away

bfroberts

Seriously. 
I don't know why I don't order more from them.  Well, I do know why.  It's because I try to piggy back my FO's with wax and containers to save on shipping, and I don't buy either from Peak, but still.  Peak consistently impresses me.

I'm sure I'm late to the party with these scents, but for those that don't know....

Bartlett Pear - this is the pear scent I have been looking for all along.  Juicy fresh pear, crisp and true but strong. Wow!  Why did I wait so long? 

Gardenia - geez Louise, this is a strong gardenia scent.  A little dab'll do ya.  Moderate accel. in cp, but nothing awful.  I left it white, so it was easy peasy soaping.  I have Moonstar to thank for this recommendation.

Botanical Orchard & Nectar - I don't know why I never tried this before.  It's lovely.  Reminds me of an Apple Blossom FO I used to use, but better.  I'm gonna replace MacApple with this for a while, because I think it will appeal to the same buyers, and because I've poured MacApple for so long I'm just tired of it.  I smell apples and pears with a floral hint in the background.

Sweet Mango Delight - this was my free sample.  I used it in CP soap along with a melon something or other sample I had from another company.  Ha.  This Sweet Mango completely obliterated the other scent and has taken over the entire soap.  It's a strong one, fo' sho'.

These were the new to me scents in a recent order, and they all just blew me away.  You really can't go wrong with Peak.  Just sayin'.

• Like 5

Did the mango one discolor in CP? Is the scent holding? I think a mango scent would make a very nice one for soap.

BTW-- I use their Bartlett Pear in CP and love it! I mix it with their green apple; 2 parts pear to 1 part apple for a green apple pear scent. The green apple is so strong and true it can overpower the pear scent. I make shampoo soap with this and customers love it.

Another awesome one in CP is Fruit Slices. JCandleattic told me about that one and when I tried it absolutely fell in love with it in CP. It is also one of my best selling shampoo soap scents.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

Almost forgot if you are looking for more great CP scents try their Black Canyon and Asian Sandalwood. Both are strong in CP and customers love them. I mix the Asian Sandalwood with patchouli because the two go together so well, plus the patchoul helps anchor the sandalwood which gets light after about 6 months.

8 hours ago, Candybee said:

Did the mango one discolor in CP? Is the scent holding? I think a mango scent would make a very nice one for soap.

BTW-- I use their Bartlett Pear in CP and love it! I mix it with their green apple; 2 parts pear to 1 part apple for a green apple pear scent. The green apple is so strong and true it can overpower the pear scent. I make shampoo soap with this and customers love it.

Another awesome one in CP is Fruit Slices. JCandleattic told me about that one and when I tried it absolutely fell in love with it in CP. It is also one of my best selling shampoo soap scents.

I just made the soap last night.  Just now unmolded it.  I used a "saffron" mica with a green swirl, no VS or TD, and the colors have stayed true so far, no discoloration at all.  The scent was a little more sharp initially, and it has softened a bit, but it is still pretty strong.

I've used Black Canyon, and it is very nice.  I've got the Asian Sandalwood in my shopping cart right now, and I'm about to pull the trigger.  I want to do a Sandalwood Rose blend, but I haven't found the right sandalwood yet.  Thank you for all the great info. 

• Like 1

They were one of my preferred suppliers a decade ago, before a long hiatus from making.    I tried to pick up where I left off a year or two ago, but it seems like anytime I think about ordering from them, they're out of stock on what I want, and they don't restock within the timeframe they promise.   At some point, I may just buy a pound when they're in stock and have them duped.   Love their stuff, but over them.  

20 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Seriously. 
I don't know why I don't order more from them.  Well, I do know why.  It's because I try to piggy back my FO's with wax and containers to save on shipping, and I don't buy either from Peak, but still.  Peak consistently impresses me.

I'm sure I'm late to the party with these scents, but for those that don't know....

Bartlett Pear - this is the pear scent I have been looking for all along.  Juicy fresh pear, crisp and true but strong. Wow!  Why did I wait so long? 

Gardenia - geez Louise, this is a strong gardenia scent.  A little dab'll do ya.  Moderate accel. in cp, but nothing awful.  I left it white, so it was easy peasy soaping.  I have Moonstar to thank for this recommendation.

Botanical Orchard & Nectar - I don't know why I never tried this before.  It's lovely.  Reminds me of an Apple Blossom FO I used to use, but better.  I'm gonna replace MacApple with this for a while, because I think it will appeal to the same buyers, and because I've poured MacApple for so long I'm just tired of it.  I smell apples and pears with a floral hint in the background.

Sweet Mango Delight - this was my free sample.  I used it in CP soap along with a melon something or other sample I had from another company.  Ha.  This Sweet Mango completely obliterated the other scent and has taken over the entire soap.  It's a strong one, fo' sho'.

These were the new to me scents in a recent order, and they all just blew me away.  You really can't go wrong with Peak.  Just sayin'.

Bartlett Pear - I recently ordered this scent and have yet to put it in wax, great to know!

Botanical Orchard & Nectar - This is one fabulous scent, very strong is either paraffin or soy wax.  I renamed it Garden of Eden.

Black Canyon very good scent and I have mentioned here before that I adore  Asian Sandalwood.

Beach Daisies and Ocean are also very nice summer scents, both good in PF wax.

I haven't ordered from Peak since they discontinued palm wax...but the few times I tried an oil from them, I never got a bad one ! 

I remember getting a sample of a chocolate raspberry truffle ( I think ? I may have gotten the name slightly wrong ) & being particularly blown away by the cold throw, even. 

Their Orange Chiffon Cake is a great one, if you like that kind of scent :) And their Blueberry Muffin is the best I've tried so far.

4 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

Their Black Raspberry Vanilla is my Favorite to Cp soap sticks like crazy, also love their Fruit Slices, Green Tea, and Pink Sugar.

The BRV is TO DIE FOR in soap! I just got a pound of their Pink Sugar and it smells like, (to me anyway) the old bubble bath from Avon, (remember the one in the pink oval lumpy bottle?)  It seems promising. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

The BRV is TO DIE FOR in soap! I just got a pound of their Pink Sugar and it smells like, (to me anyway) the old bubble bath from Avon, (remember the one in the pink oval lumpy bottle?)  It seems promising. 

Lol @ lumpy bottle ? I think that they still have those....that bubble bath was awesome. Especially the peach & the Vanilla. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 5:59 PM, WaxingPoetic said:

Lol @ lumpy bottle ? I think that they still have those....that bubble bath was awesome. Especially the peach & the Vanilla. 

I don't remember the peach & vanilla. I still love skin so soft :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jfear said:

I love Peak. Even though they stopped carrying my 4786 they are still my go-to for FOs. Their Birthday Cake, Pumpkin Caramel Latte and Caramel Apple are out of this world. ?

Hey Jfear how'd your ice cream 

Fo's go ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Hey Jfear how'd your ice cream 

Fo's go ? 

Oh yes, thank you! I actually just posted about it yesterday in the Fragrance section under the "Ice Cream You Scream" topic! You can read it there! ??

• Like 1

I just wish they would post IfRAs. Skin safe does not always mean at the levels we use ?

I have purchased "skin safe"  BRV that when I looked at the IFRA was only at <2-3% ?

their fragrances are usually nice and strong. 

• Like 1

I love their scents - every one I've tried in 464 throws great. HOWEVER, every order I receive has at least one leak :(

It doesn't deter me from buying, but it's annoying. 

Tuscan Nights is absolutely amazing, as is Birds of Paradise (if you like fruity, which I don't), and Eucalyptus Mint. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2017 at 1:10 AM, jfear said:

I love Peak. Even though they stopped carrying my 4786 they are still my go-to for FOs. Their Birthday Cake, Pumpkin Caramel Latte and Caramel Apple are out of this world. ?

Have you found a replacement for Peaks Birthday Cake ? How bout their sugar cookie did you use that one jfear ? 

15 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Have you found a replacement for Peaks Birthday Cake ? How bout their sugar cookie did you use that one jfear ? 

I've been wondering that myself. JS and Fb have a good bday cake but it doesn't compare to Peaks. RE has a good one too. I guess that may be what I use as  a replacement if I can't get Peaks again.