Heating Jars and Pour Pots

I'm starting to do some test batches in jars instead of tins.  How do you all preheat your jars?  Does this give better adhesion to the sides?  If you use the oven, at what temp?  I'm assuming you wick them b/f pre-heating?  So many questions.....

Initially it will seem like heating your jars does give better adhesion, however, as soon as the temperature of where that candle is, starts fluctuating, the wet spots, and adhesion differences will start to appear. 

When I first started with candles, I would do all these tricks to try and get my jars to not have wet spots, etc., and then it just got to the point, where I just had to start embracing wet spots as part of the candlemaking process and IMO heating jars is just a waste of time. Wet spots are going to happen unless you use a wax that completely pulls away from the sides of the jar, and then it's just sloppy in your container (IMO). And what I have found out, is that consumers simply do not care. They honestly don't. Most of the time, unless you point them out or say something about them, they don't even notice them. 

• Like 3