C3 users, have you noticed any changes?

Pulling my hair out here... my two newest cases of C3 are not burning "right". Been using it for 6 years and could easily predict the wicking and performance with my tins and fragrances. 

This lot of flakes from EAP is much less "dry and crispy" than C3 usually is, so it is a fresher lot.

as I began testing a new slew of fragrances for this Faire season I noticed I had to wick up several sizes just to get them to not tunnel. The throw is not what i am used to either.

Made a few fragrance free with a set of wicks and found it is taking a much bigger wick. Am pulling from same package of wicks as last year. I buy by the 1,000.

Anyone else noticing something is a little off? Or is it just me?

I've only made melts with the latest 2 cases I just received.  I got quite a bit of sinking and I thought maybe it was too cold in my workroom so I opened the heating vents and it still happened with my last pours.  I'm not sure if it's just soy differences or what.  I really hesitate to make candles and have to test already tested scents/containers!

I received both cases from Candlewic about 10 days ago.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

I honestly haven't tested any yet because it's just now a week since poured and I'm out of town.  I will test the Tonic when I get home and let you know.  I did notice the Tonic seeped a bit as well and it did not happen with the last 100# of wax. 

• Like 1

??

so something "is" off, but by how much we don't really know. Yet. ?

I am trying to ramp up and knock out what I need for the first few weeks of Faire. This is not a great time to be monkeying around with wax. 

Ok, I put 2 clamshell squares in a light bulb warmer last night and let it go all night just to see what it would smell like this morning and as usual the Tonic was very strong.

It's burning in a 700 sq ft workshop so at least for melts the wax didn't affect the hot throw.  I will test the other two scents I poured melts with over the next couple of days.  I need to clean out the current scent first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

What are the lot #'s on your wax?  I can see if mine are the same since I just got it.

L31216

is the new lot you each have kind of (dare I use the word) moist? Not like wet with water, but less dry and crunchy than usual? 

i wicked up a couple of sizes and got my testers to perform.

Starting tomorrow I have a whole line of wicks ready to light and share with the group as part 3 of the wick wax tests.

c3 wax

BCN cd 12,14,16

candlescience CSN 12,14,16

candle cocoon cd 12, 14 and CDN 12

precision wicking CDN 12, 14

will add candlewic cd 12,14,16 when they arrive tomorrow. 

and in 464 to compare

BCN 12,14,16

I used to get a great burn in tins with  precision cdn10 or 12 wicking up to a CDN14 for hard to burn fragrances. We shall see how it shakes out.

IMG_1129.JPG

14 minutes ago, ghostrider said:

Oh great I just 6 cases from eap...

Will be interesting to compare lots and textures. It "could" just be the flakes are super fresh and need time to cure/age. But I have never heard of that.... I need to order another 4 cases myself and will be happy when it all settles down. 

Looking forward to smelling my candles again! Time is a wasting. 

My 2 cases are L07517 14:11

It appears the same as always and maybe my sinking problem is just room temperature varying, since the throw is still there, I'm not too worried at this point.  I'd be in a frenzy if I had shows coming up soon.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Will be interesting to compare lots and textures. It "could" just be the flakes are super fresh and need time to cure/age. But I have never heard of that.... I need to order another 4 cases myself and will be happy when it all settles down. 

Looking forward to smelling my candles again! Time is a wasting. 

I will let you know I pick them up Friday.

• Like 1