Anyone use Pyrex for pouring pot? Questions...

I am thinking of switching to Pyrex for my pouring pots but have a few questions...

Can you or do you heat these on a griddle before adding wax from a melter or Presto Pot?  If yes, why is it necessary?  Does it take longer with this pouring pot to cool to a pouring temp?  Has anyone marked/painted lines on the outside to determine different amounts (2 lb, 4 lb batch, etc) so you don't have to weigh from the presto pot?  Do you find it too heavy to use when pouring many candles?  Thanks!

I use them for smaller batches like when I am testing.  I do warm them up in my counter top oven.  I am not sure if it is necessary but it is just they way I have always done it and it is hard to break habits I guess.  Sorry, I can't hep you with that one.  I think it is just a matter of preference.  Some people say it is necessary and some don't.  I weigh all my wax so I don't mark any lines on them.  

I use 4 cup and 8 cup pyrex measuring cups.  I don't make huge batches of each scent, at the most 2# per scent so they fit nicely.  You always have to weigh, do not count on the measurement being correct for weight.  They cool slowly which to me is better for the wax I use.  I like glass because I can heat the empty measuring cup, put on scale, tare and then measure fo.  The warm glass heats the cold fo up just enough before adding my wax.

• Like 1