Need to vent my FO bottles aresplitting

kfintoni

So yes I know I have way too many fragrances but i guess I need to start using them. I found a bottle of Lemon Squares that had sucked in on itself and split right up the side. I then had to make 6 pounds of Lemon Squares so not to waste the FO. Now we are going through each drawer of FO and relieving the pressure in each bottle by opening them a bit. Now I have to make cherry amaretto as that split also. This is why I love the FO from Fillmore in the glass bottles. The Lemon was from NG in a solid white bottle and the cherry from TCS in a clear plastic bottle.

What a mess this has made. Done venting now carry on.

Karen in MA

I never used to worry about my fos, but in the last say 7-10 years, if I get bottles that I know will take me a while to use, I will transfer them to amber glass bottles to avoid that whole plastic being sucked in scenario. I hate when that happens. 

• Like 1

say WHAT!? I need to be burping my FO'S? Seriously this is a rather IMPORTANT piece of info that I was totally unaware of. This is the first time I have EVER heard of this... 

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing tonight. 

• Like 2

Lemon scent or any citrus seem to be the ones that suck the bottles in.  I hate transferring fo so I tend to leave it in the bottle it comes in but I've noticed that I need to let air into those citrus scents quite often.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

say WHAT!? I need to be burping my FO'S? Seriously this is a rather IMPORTANT piece of info that I was totally unaware of. This is the first time I have EVER heard of this... 

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing tonight. 

OMG you are too funny ! Thats what I thought - who knew ??? 

• Like 2

Ok so.... Whadda I do here? I throw a towel over my shoulder rest it's little mouth on my towel draped shoulder and pat, rub, and bounce?

(OH YUCK! It just burped all over my pants.... (gags) I'm gonna stink for a WEEK!) 

Seriously NOBODY told me ABOUT THIS being part of the soap making gig! 

(flarking burping bottles of FO after midnight on a Friday covered in a FO puke soaked towel... BLECH!!!!! Next thing you know I'm gonna be wrapping little freak'n diapers on them...)  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Ok so.... Whadda I do here? I throw a towel over my shoulder rest it's little mouth on my towel draped shoulder and pat, rub, and bounce?

(OH YUCK! It just burped all over my pants.... (gags) I'm gonna stink for a WEEK!) 

Seriously NOBODY told me ABOUT THIS being part of the soap making gig! 

(flarking burping bottles of FO after midnight on a Friday covered in a FO puke soaked towel... BLECH!!!!! Next thing you know I'm gonna be wrapping little freak'n diapers on them...)  

Actually those diapers aren't a bad idea Sponie, could catch all those fo drips.

• Like 1

Where I live the temps fluctuate by >100 degrees between summer and winter. The pressures in the bottles change a lot. Ever opened a bottle and heard it hiss? 

I had had a plug in an aluminum bottle without the screw cap and it popped off like a bulllet. What a waste of patchouli that was as the bottle tipped from the ordeal. 

HDPE bottles suck in badly too.

All that plastic distortion is telling you the fragrance is chemically reacting to the plastic. I have found clear or Amber PET to be the least reactive, other than glass. 

• Like 1