Electric warmers: how long can you smell a couple drops in water before it is spent?

Darbla

I realize that is a wide open question so if you want to answer "I add X drops and I can smell it for X days; for super strong FOs it lasts X days and for weak FOs I only get X time".  I'm just trying to get a roundabout idea because I'm wondering if it's my nose getting used to whatever scent I'm using at the time and not that it's actually weakened all that much.  What is that phrase we use for when you get used to a scent and no longer detect it?  Is it "scent fatigue"?

Candle nose, or nose blind, is the phrase I use. It can happen when you are completely saturated with the same scent. What typically works is getting away from the scent for a few hours, sniffing something fresh, and then trying again. 

However, I'm not sure I am understanding the question correctly. I never mix my scents with water. Unless you use an emulsifier of some sort, they will not mix/combine, so you are basically just heating up the water with the scent just in the water. 

I test my frangrance oils in salt, not in water. This helps the oils not to burn off as fast. You can get a general idea if the oil throws or not, but I have had oils that didn't do well in salt, but it fine in the wax. Same is true of the reverse. There is really no way of getting out of testing the oils in wax. 

I'm not testing oils for use in wax; I'm using them for general room scent.  But I think sometimes FOs don't smell as good unless they're in wax.  Kind of like how you said they didn't do well in salt, but were fine in wax.  I'm going to start dropping a bit of wax in my warmers and skip the water.