bathaway

Candle User Demographics?

5 posts in this topic

I am considering starting Snapchat for marketing. But the user base is  ages15-24.

Not sure if it's a good idea. It's hard to find the demographics of candle users.

Based on your experience. who buys the candles? mostly women. ages 20-65+?

Are university students buying candles a big market?

In the states dormitories and many apartments discourage the use of candles. That is a big  reason why wax melts and similar have increased in popularity 

1 person likes this

I think it depends on your area and how you market your product. The biggest demographic in the area I sell in is both men and women between the ages of 30-65 ish give or take a few years younger, but not much older. I wouldn't say women buy more than men, however, they do go to more craft shows than men, and craft shows is where my biggest sales happen. But I also sell other products than just candles. 

o.O (OH no... Sponie.... What are you do'n here? You KNOW you don't belong here! Go! Shoo! No... Don't you do it! No! Nooooooooooo!!!!!!)  o.O <blinks> O.O (I tried to stop him!)  

Hum.... Well, MY thoughts would think that a group of young hipsters largely into pot and frequently rife with money not their own would be an ideal target as well! However like TT wisely pointed out, Dorms DON'T like candles at all. Seriously, when I was in College getting caught burning a candle in your room was an automatic $250 fine for first offence and suspension on 2nd offense. 

Hmmm... Snapchat huh? Y'know... I wonder if Tinder wouldn't be a hotbed of candle burn'n love?

(I KNOW it's sooo wrong!!!! But DAMN it FELT oh-SO-RIGHT!!!

:biggrin:

Sponiebr: The Executor of BAD Ideas and Sundry Services.  

I see tinder marketing, even dating websites used to promote a movie. (female profiles used to pitch an upcoming movie after a few lines of dialog) Pretty scummy.

I will stick to instagram and facebook.

1 person likes this