I just had an OOB experience...

glasllyn

I will report back when I get them in products, but I could not keep myself from reporting that I received an order from Daystar and I cannot believe how good everything smells. I will be wearing several of them as perfumes. If you're into boutique, high-end, unusual, perfume-based stuff, get thee to the Daystar site because wow. I'm happy to list my fragrances if you're interested. Just remember, they're OOB, but that matters to me if I know I'm using them in a perfume or in a B&B product. 

Also, please share your favorites! I want to buy more!

• Like 5

Cake Bake- As expected

I Want Cake- I wore it on my wrist and I love it. I love all of Tokyo Milk's scents, though.

Black Orchid & Vanille-I little dark, a little creamy. Looking forward to putting this is wax 

Salty Sailor- My favorite ocean-y scent yet

Milk Sugar Kisses- Where has this been all my life? It smells like milk. Actual milk. And sugar. I needed this.

The Indulgent One- Uh...yes. Yes, yes, yes for everything.

Divine Vanilla Spirit- More like a perfume than a typical FO. I love it. Not too sweet. There's musk in there, and some wood.

Toffee Sugar Crunch- It's Honey I Washed the Kids. Exactly like the one I got from NG and very good.

Vanilla Mandarin Bourbon. OOB, it smells creamsicle-y, but not super sweet. Another one I look forward to testing in stuff.

Marshmallow Fluff- If it stays just the way it is now, I have found the perfect marshmallow. It does, indeed, smell like Fluff.

Cake Batter- Yep

Vanilla of Madagascar- This is the only one I really need to investigate more before I make a judgement

Chergui Winds- I don't even know what is going on in there, but I love it. It could just be the OOB phenomenon, but I smell Camay.

Serendipity- Smells good- like fruit and cake or something. Will need to test.

Edited by glasllyn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I have had good luck with daystar oils. The only thing is disliked were frequent stockouts. 

Yes. I wanted several that were out of stock. I thought about calling her.

The other thing I was not pleased with was that she subbed another oil- Toffee Sugar Crunch- for Liquid Crack because she was out of it. I already have that scent and didn't need another one. I think I should tell her that, since I paid for it.

I've never had a sub. Weird. She gets super busy, so a reply may take time. Wherever she is located often has some severe storms that cause temporary closures too. Nothing like a tornado to ruin your day ?

Milk sugar is a perfect blender for chai latte. ?

She also does nice dupes. She did the tsw blood orange patchouli and really hit a home run imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

I've never had a sub. Weird. She gets super busy, so a reply may take time. Wherever she is located often has some severe storms that cause temporary closures too. Nothing like a tornado to ruin your day ?

She also does nice dupes. She did the tsw blood orange patchouli and really hit a home run imo.

What do dupes cost?

Also, I keep hearing about TSW oils and the interest in dupes. What the dealio there?

Tsw had some of the best, most nuanced blends anywhere. Their closing was a total loss for many of us who were spoiled with high end blends.

the duping process can end with the same price per lb as her normal oils but with a minimum commitment from people to co-op, like 25 lbs.

I have had 8 TSW oils duped. And I am about to begin a co-op for them. 

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

Tsw had some of the best, most nuanced blends anywhere. Their closing was a total loss for many of us who were spoiled with high end blends.

the duping process can end with the same price per lb as her normal oils but with a minimum commitment from people to co-op, like 25 lbs.

I have had 8 TSW oils duped. And I am about to begin a co-op for them. 

I saw that. I wish I knew what they were like so I could grab some! I just love the idea of Tonic, even though I haven't smelled it. 

I'll be offering sniffies so you can get an idea of the scents either for this time or next go round.

i use blotter paper inside a foil wrap so it travels by first class mail. Then you can file it for later. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

14 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I'll be offering sniffies so you can get an idea of the scents either for this time or next go round.

i use blotter paper inside a foil wrap so it travels by first class mail. Then you can file it for later. 

Awesome. I will be all over that. Thanks!

So I just went to DayStar to check a few of these out. If you had to choose between the indulgent one + let them eat cake, which would you choose. Are they similar ?

I need to choose one because they are +8.50 for 2 oz :( Amande coco sounds good too lol ! so does vanilla delicious + vanilla apricot :) 

2 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

So I just went to DayStar to check a few of these out. If you had to choose between the indulgent one + let them eat cake, which would you choose. Are they similar ?

I need to choose one because they are +8.50 for 2 oz :( Amande coco sounds good too lol ! so does vanilla delicious + vanilla apricot :) 

It depends. If you want something more gourmand, go with Indulgent. It's not food-y, but you can really pick up on that vanilla. Let Them Eat Cake has less raw vanilla and a more powdery lightness. I wouldn't give up either one of them. Indulgent is warmer, Cake is more...it's own thing.

If you like scents like that, by all means check out TokyoMilk's scents. Bulletproof and Tainted Love are both unique scents I wear all the time. I'd love to have them duped. (Although I may have figured out Bulletproof. I think it's primarily Mysore wood. Still working)

2 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I think I might go with the let them eat cake. Have you come across anything that smells like Prada's Candy ? Its similar to Pink Sugar but sorta different lol !

If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you. No, I haven't, but I haven't looked. I've seen it on several FO sites. Have you tried any?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

No, I haven't tried any of the 

Prada type. I've heard MMS 

has a really good pink sugar 

and I love that scent. 

I love it, too. I also love Sugar Chick from BA. They're not cheap, but it's good stuff.

3 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Never heard of that one hmmm

is BA bulk apothecary ? Is it 

supposed to be like pink sugar

It is Bulk Apothecary. It's not pink sugar, it's based on a Philosophy product. It does not smell like marshmallows, more like a lighter pink sugar with some lemon. 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/philosophy-sugar-chick-shampoo-shower-gel-bubble-bath/3167064

http://www.bulkapothecary.com/product/raw-ingredients/fragrance-flavor/fragrances/sugar-chick-fragrance-oil-version-of-philosophy/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Those sound great !!! I have / love Marshmallow Fluff :) Spunds like you chose some amazing scents...I will keep some of those in mind for a future order !

Fluff is by far the best marshmallow I've found. I could pour it into a little baby pool and roll around in it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Lol it really is ! It is an outstanding blender, too ? I may blend it with JS Creme de Menthe soon !

Ooooooh! It might smell like a grasshopper- the old classic cocktail, not the insect.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 8:16 AM, TallTayl said:

She's located in the little, quaint town of Coldspring, Texas, (population of about 890 LOL!)  10 miles down the road from me. We have a lot of power outages when we get thunderstorms and here in deep East Texas it doesn't take much LOL! We are prone to flooding at times too. 

Stacy does stay busy and I'm guessing  she takes care of her dad from what I gather, and she has a son in school, and there for awhile she was selling cosmetics too. I'm not sure she's still doing that though. 

Her oils are very unique and like you, when I ordered the last time she was out of several that I wanted to try. I may message her on Facebook and let her know that some have commented about her being out of certain oils and maybe it'll prompt her to restock more regularly. I like that I don't have to pay shipping because she delivers them to me at work but it's hard to get all that you would like to try when she's out of so many at times.

• Like 3