Did I miss something - SMR

Is SMR going out of business? I got an email of a "Liquidation sale" and just the tone of the email made it seem like they are closing up shop. Is that true? 

I don't buy a lot from them, but enough that it's going to make me sad they are leaving if that is the case. 

They have the best, most inexpensive Lime EO I've smelled/bought. Love it. 

This is sad for me. :(

They haven't made any announcement that they are closing. Steve has sales all the time. I was a little surprised by the liquidation sale announcment. It does sound like the type you would have for liquidating supplies. He has been OOS on several EOs which has annoyed me as there are some I only buy from him they are that good. Keeping my fingers crossed its just a poor choice of words.

6 minutes ago, Candybee said:

They haven't made any announcement that they are closing. Steve has sales all the time. I was a little surprised by the liquidation sale announcment. It does sound like the type you would have for liquidating supplies. He has been OOS on several EOs which has annoyed me as there are some I only buy from him they are that good. Keeping my fingers crossed its just a poor choice of words.

I know about the many sales, but the wording of this particular email, like he said "sadly" our liquidation sale has started, and toward the end of the email it was "thank you for your patience during this difficult time" "will be refunding backorders now since we won't be bringing in any more stock as we had originally anticipated" so that type of wording, and a few other flag words, makes me think it could possibly be an EOB sale. :( 

2 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Okay... does sound like they are closing. But then we both missed the announcment because I sure haven't seen one?!!:huh:

yeah, I didn't either. And I usually read every newsletter from them I get because they always have good deals on Coconut Oil, and I use a lot of that, so i'm always looking for those sales from them. 

8 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Oh and this one "Thank you everyone for your patronage over the years.  You'll never know how much I appreciate it.  This is a very sad time, but I can assure you that the future is bright."

I saw this too and have been trying to find out what's up. 

I went back through the last several newsletters and didn't see any mention of closing. There were a few mentions of working with a small staff, though, and looks like his mold liquidation sale has turned into an everything liquidation sale. You all are right...the tone of this last newsletter sounded like a goodbye, but maybe he's just really downsizing? I always love his newsletters and his site was one of the first that I read through thoroughly when I started making soap. It helped me tremendously. Would be so sad to see SMR go.

• Like 1