Oregon Trail Recs?

glasllyn

I remember someone not being too thrilled with this company, but I don't remember why. I know nothing about them, but they carry some oils I really want to try. Thanks for your feedback!

Got Milk

Arrogance Lime Sugar (I have this perfume and I love it)

Black Pepper

Imperial White Tea

Mediterranean Sea Salt

Tonka Bean and Soft Sugar

Vanilla Bourbon Fragrance Oil *formerly Vaniglia del Madagascar*

Vanilla Buttercrème Supreme

Ceylon Black Tea

Mysore Sandalwood (Because mysore wood is amazing and if this is similar, I want it)

3 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I remember someone not being too thrilled with this company, but I don't remember why. I know nothing about them, but they carry some oils I really want to try. Thanks for your feedback!

Got Milk

Arrogance Lime Sugar (I have this perfume and I love it)

Black Pepper

Imperial White Tea

Mediterranean Sea Salt

Tonka Bean and Soft Sugar

Vanilla Bourbon Fragrance Oil *formerly Vaniglia del Madagascar*

Vanilla Buttercrème Supreme

Ceylon Black Tea

Mysore Sandalwood (Because mysore wood is amazing and if this is similar, I want it)

I don't know... but I have heard that Oregon Trail's Dysentery

960.jpg.1971cc6eef4a2d94eb29716db99ed7ae.jpg

is to die for... 

• Like 5

So I think it depends on what you want to use the oils for. I haven't always been happy with them, but that isn't for fragrances and it takes too long for orders to get from there to the midwest ... that might be a postal problem and not theirs, but it takes too long to get stuff or did take too long to get stuff. The oils I had I didn't have complaints about till I wanted to use them for candles. What I had just wasn't that strong enough, but perfectly fine for soap. 

I personally think that every company is worth a try except for maybe those going out of business, because the experience you have may be different/better than what someone else had. Too, you may be satisfied with the performance of the product you buy. In other words your tastes would be different than say mine. I get that when others give raving reviews it's easy to want to try that company and go whole hog and buy one of every sample, but sometimes all you get is an out of bottle review and it may not work in your formula or product ... in other words it was never tested, just swoon worthy because someone had a nose-gasm. I also get that if it smells good you're more inclined to use it over something that stinks to high heaven or doesn't come close to your expectation. So I guess I would be indicating, try OT out with sample sizes first and see what you think. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I never hear anyone raving about them here, so I'm skeptical. I'm also on the east coast, so it would take a looooong time if you're already having that issue.

Well first ... everyone takes a long time to get to me. It was three days out of Colorado for anything, four days from Ohio and one takes five, but for some reason anything out of South Carolina gets here in three days lol and about 2-3 days out of Georgia ... I live in Kansas and even Missouri takes its sweet time. It's weird that it works that way. It's about 4-5 days out of Pennsylvania too and a week from California, but my mom, who lives in Arizona, can get stuff to me in two days. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

I LOVE Oregon Trails FO's and always have great customer service and 99% of the time my orders are shipped the next day after ordering

The ones I have tried are great in my Parasoy Blended wax. (Melts only)

Lavender Rose ~ Super Strong and a Best Seller

Black Tea ~ Strong.. I use this one and Daystars Black Tea they smell the same to me.

SapMoss Type ~ The best I have found and super strong

White Witch ~ A Patchouli Type..Super Strong and very pretty

Butter Cream Supreme ~ Very light throw in melts but smells delicious. I have used as a mixer

Spring Mountain Mint ~ LOVE LOVE and its a best seller. Medium throw in melts

Cool Mountain Lake ~ Super Strong and very popular with my Men customers

I know there was only 2 on here that you asked about but I think they are worth a try :) HTH

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 10:30 AM, doodlebug65 said:

I LOVE Oregon Trails FO's and always have great customer service and 99% of the time my orders are shipped the next day after ordering

The ones I have tried are great in my Parasoy Blended wax. (Melts only)

Lavender Rose ~ Super Strong and a Best Seller

Black Tea ~ Strong.. I use this one and Daystars Black Tea they smell the same to me.

SapMoss Type ~ The best I have found and super strong

White Witch ~ A Patchouli Type..Super Strong and very pretty

Butter Cream Supreme ~ Very light throw in melts but smells delicious. I have used as a mixer

Spring Mountain Mint ~ LOVE LOVE and its a best seller. Medium throw in melts

Cool Mountain Lake ~ Super Strong and very popular with my Men customers

I know there was only 2 on here that you asked about but I think they are worth a try :) HTH

Thanks for this! I make parasoy melts, too. Please feel free to share any other scents that work well for you! I'm happy to do the same.