Suppliers with the best shipping specials?

Actually, your best bet is to find out what suppliers have the supplies you want to buy, then sign up for their newsletter. That way you will get notifications on sales and shipping deals as they have them.

Another tip is to locate suppliers closest to you and that may also help you save on shipping.

If you are lucky enough to live within driving distance to a supplier and that helps a lot. For example I live about 3-4 driving hours distance to about 4 suppliers in Pennsylvania. I am in Virginia so it's a full day trip and that is how I plan for it. I make the trip about 1-4 times a year and buy in large bulk quantities. I save a huge amount in shipping that way.

Sorry but there is no one supplier that has the best deals. Each has their own way of helping you save money. Sometimes the sales can outweigh your shipping costs and vice versa. Its best to find the suppliers you prefer to use and have backups because you will find times when your favorite supplier will be OOS on something you desperately need. Also, prices and shipping costs are never static so a supplier you have been using for a while may at some point price products or shipping out of your comfort zone so having a backup supplier is a must. Another reason is businesses go bankrupt, close, or just swap or sell to someone else and that can be a problem too. But it happens often enough you will eventually experience it for yourself.

• Like 4

Peak runs continuous sales, usually shipping every other week.  Sign up for their notifications and you will get them.  Like Candy said, there really isn't one supplier that does shipping discounts and sometimes buying from someone far away even with a discount is more than you can get local.  If you try to limit your suppliers you will buy more from each and it will warrant paying shipping.  Local is best.

• Like 1

Nature's Garden has a 30% discount on shipping always.  Right now I have 5 pounds of FO in my cart and the shipping is $9.77. But I live one state over from them which helps. 

Fragrance Buddy offers free shipping with orders over $100. So does Cierra Candles for fragrances and some other items.  

• Like 1

Thank you both so much.  I actually have some suppliers with reasonable shipping but unfortunately does not have certain waxes I'm looking for.  I am still testing waxes so I am trying not to jump the gun on eliminating suppliers with reasonable shipping yet.  I have one supplier who carries all IGI waxes that is 2 hours from me.  I am used to driving even farther than that to visit family, so I did plan to pick up in bulk, if I ever have the priveledge to buy that much.  I definitely will sign up for their notifications to save where I can.

3 minutes ago, GailC said:

Nature's Garden has a 30% discount on shipping always.  Right now I have 5 pounds of FO in my cart and the shipping is $9.77. But I live one state over from them which helps. 

Fragrance Buddy offers free shipping with orders over $100. So does Cierra Candles for fragrances and some other items.  

Thank you Gail, I actually meant wax and MY unfortunately does not carry much I am interested in.  I will definitely try them for oils and FB as well. :)

4 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

Thank you Gail, I actually meant wax and MY unfortunately does not carry much I am interested in.  I will definitely try them for oils and FB as well. :)

Ah wax!  Now that's a different story.  Sometimes I drive from central Indiana to Hamilton Ohio to pick up wax from the Candlemaker's Store.

I'm getting ready to place yet another order from Candlewic because they have yet another daggone special. :)  I had some oils in my cart and the shipping was almost $15.  Was pleasantly surprised to find that when I added 50 pounds of wax the shipping only increased by about $12.00.  Now that's a deal to me!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

Uh oh, Gail is a special sucker like me :lol:

No matter how many fragrance oils I have, someone always asks for that one I don't. So what else is there to do but order it?  And we all know you can't order just one bottle of FO and pay as much for shipping as the bottle of fragrance oil. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GailC said:

No matter how many fragrance oils I have, someone always asks for that one I don't. So what else is there to do but order it?  And we all know you can't order just one bottle of FO and pay as much for shipping as the bottle of fragrance oil. :)

Exactly!! Such an addiction HaHa

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 11:37 AM, GailC said:

Ah wax!  Now that's a different story.  Sometimes I drive from central Indiana to Hamilton Ohio to pick up wax from the Candlemaker's Store.

I'm getting ready to place yet another order from Candlewic because they have yet another daggone special. :)  I had some oils in my cart and the shipping was almost $15.  Was pleasantly surprised to find that when I added 50 pounds of wax the shipping only increased by about $12.00.  Now that's a deal to me!

Dang it! I just ordered and the next day I see they have a sale! UGH! Lol

What's their special? I don't recall getting an email from them. I'm hesitant to go to their website LOL! My head is saying "NO, You don't need any more FO's!!!!" but my hand is itching to click on their site! Ok, hand won. I'm going in! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

What's their special? I don't recall getting an email from them. I'm hesitant to go to their website LOL! My head is saying "NO, You don't need any more FO's!!!!" but my hand is itching to click on their site! Ok, hand won. I'm going in! 

I order wax from them about once a year when they have either the wax or shipping on special and get it cheaper than local and I'm proud to say I did not order 1 fo from them!  I also didn't even look at fo or I'd have been tempted.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:27 PM, Belinda said:

Ha!  I guess you saw their special then at the top of their page. Sometimes I miss the emails announcing specials from suppliers.  I was so mad that I didn't see the one from Aztec when they had 30 or 35% off sale for their anniversary.  I think that was in March, and as  you can tell, I still haven't gotten over it. :)

On 5/10/2017 at 8:48 PM, kandlekrazy said:

I order wax from them about once a year when they have either the wax or shipping on special and get it cheaper than local and I'm proud to say I did not order 1 fo from them!  I also didn't even look at fo or I'd have been tempted.

You are a strong woman! I couldn't have resisted! 

• Like 1