6006 not releasing, help!

wgregww

I am having trouble with certain scents releasing using 6006 and 4625, actually I have tried mixing it with all kinds of other waxes and none release unless I go 75% 4625 which is not what I want. I Pour at 160 degrees. Any suggestions?

Edited by wgregww

I only recently got some 6006 so am interested in this as well. Off the top of my head, what about wicking up or increasing your FO %? Perhaps a longer cure considering the soy component? Aaannnddd just realized I was in wickless forum, lol. Still, FO and cure time? And are you referring to melts, ct, ht?

sorry I can't help more, just throwing out ideas. 

Although I don't use your type of wax, or make melts, I'm wondering if for that particular scent if you should use a little less.

It's just a guess, but fragrance oils dissolve plastic on their own, so maybe just a little too much of it in wax in a plastic mold gets it to adhere ...?

• Like 1

I also think it some cases it has to do with the additives used in the preblended waxes.  I have found that 6006 releases better on its own for me then when I blend it with another harder wax. Makes no sense to me, other than the two waxes and their additives won't work well together. 

In the past my usage of vybar and steric have, I swear to you, caused additional stickage. I don't have a solution, but that is my thought as to why it could be happening. 

• 1 month later...

I would try pouring a little cooler....like 150. I can get it to release from oval cups at 150. I have tried it alone as well as with a bit of the any of the following waxes added. 

650 or KY tart at 20%

4794 at 25%

4625 at 20%

450 at 30%

but again I am pouring all of these lower than 160. It just won't release at 160. 

I have used 6006 by itself in clams before and it released fine from what I can remember. I didn't do too many of them though because I wanted it to be a little bit harder but it did release. The funny thing is the melt point on 6006 is as high as 4794 and it's a much harder wax. Lovely Scents brought that to my attention. I had never noticed that before. 

I poured lower than 160 though. I still have a hard time getting 4625 and 6006 or 4625 and 4630 to release when mixed together. The Candle Source's tart wax comes right out though and so does 4794 by itself. I'm not sure why that is though. 

Hope you find a solution!