EWWWWW!!!! Oh... GROSS!!!!

I noticed something pretty today... (Maybe a couple of things/people... Not the point! ) 

Anywho... Remember WAY back when I did those Oxide Tests from the Paint Supply? Well, I used canola in them and they've started to get some mild DOS so I'm using the test bars. They're great by the way no problems with the paint supply oxides AT all.. If I'm being honest... The only soaps I get to use anymore are either tests or bars with DOS. I digress... 

This has a sliver of that Med Fig and Brown Sugar soap I made and named after a friend... And then a sliver of that Black Raspberry that I didn't know if it got DOS or if it's just a little discolored fro the vinyl mat sticking to the column. All stuck onto the top of the ultramarine test bar. 

20170503_065903.thumb.jpg.6120f4f2cea788b86e28f6fd27ba88aa.jpg20170503_065934.thumb.jpg.799f6a975f1870c5fe2965f723db625b.jpg

I make pretty look'n trash! 

SPoniebr: Trash monger ;)

• Like 2

Hey!  What's wrong with dumpster diving!!!  I'm not proud to say I've done it....but I have....and some great treasures! lol

Hey Sponey,

I love your trash!  Really......actually when I first saw the picture, I thought it was a hand painted rock.  You need to make more of those things...BEAUTIIIFFFUULLL!

Trappeur

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The brown vein, is it just oxidized fragrance?

Nope, there's no DOS visible on this soap. The brown lines are from the "Cathy's Blushingly Sweet aka: The Fig Surprise" Med Fig and Brown sugar Bronze Mica Fiasco... You might remember that nightmare from the Dish... (OMG it was BAD!!!! I put a heaping teaspoon full of bronze mica into about 10 oz of soap batter, it was intense. You know what? That was a GREAT story! I think I'll paste that into another post in this thread.)   

6 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Hey!  What's wrong with dumpster diving!!!  I'm not proud to say I've done it....but I have....and some great treasures! lol

Hey Sponey,

I love your trash!  Really......actually when I first saw the picture, I thought it was a hand painted rock.  You need to make more of those things...BEAUTIIIFFFUULLL!

Trappeur

Awww, Thanks Trapp!  I'm sure as I use soap I'll create more of these things... 

As far as dumpster diving... 
Oh HELL NO I'm not judging!  I mean LOOK AT ME*... 

590a689b8b208_BadsantaWTFisit.jpg.7b4bca2e85fb8f58ae8b3cc878a876d1.jpg

I'm in NO position AT all to judge ANYONE... ever... 

'Sides I dumpster dive all the time. My normal haints are around Auto Shops (used windshield wiper blades), upscale Offices in strip malls (office furniture, boxes, packing peanuts, bubble/foam wrap, shredded paper), places that get deliveries on pallets (pallets), gas station convenience stores (milk crates), behind Publix (trashed vegetables for worm farm, and produce boxes), Radiologists,(nuclear waste, neat pictures of bones on high quality plastic), Cosmetic Surgeons (soap making materials), and liquor stores (dating opportunities and liquor boxes).

(*That's not actually me... That's Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa...) 

Sponiebr: {giggles}: You probably SO don't want to know... 

{fanfare}
TOOT!!!! BLAT! TOO-ET! BRRRR!! Teeee-wwwOO-OEEEEET!
(crier clears throat and spits) 
Hear ye! Hear ye! I thus presenteth to thine eyes the spectacle of "The September Bronze Mica Fiasco of '16": 

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

Well, 

Tonight's "endeavors" produced a similar batch of soap to the endeavors of last night, but this time in a loaf mold with Brown Sugar Fig and Mediterranean Fig FO's and a bronze mica swirl. 

Wow! My world has changed! 

My life is stained. 
My existence is stained. 
My SOUL is stained. 
My sink is stained.

I have changed the very nature of all existence to a gaudy, shimmery, glittery, cheap pearlescent dark copper brown. BEHOLD MORTALS!!!! Your BROWN Glittering ETERNITY!!!! 

You're welcome. 

They said a little goes a long way... They didn't SAY 3 microns covers 25.3 cubic miles in deep luster... I am convinced that some minor imp in hell must get a new scale of glitter protection each time a newbie soaper touches mica for the first time.  

I think maybe giving a 3 year old squealing girl in a "princess" dress a half pound bag full of super fine fire opal body glitter in a dark wood and black leather furnished house might have less dire consequences. In fact, I am sure that it has less dire consequences now that I have experienced both. 

No doubt you will laugh, and in time, I too will laugh when I read of a newbie having a mica disaster... I will laugh the hearty laugh that befits a bronze colored, glittering man with a beard...

Did the fates bring me thus far to experience the "dusting" of my soul to increase my curb appeal? Who knows... Thankfully I'm in Florida where ill fated spray tans from the visiting masses are not an uncommon sight, so I shouldn't stick out too badly; as long as I stay out of the sunlight... 

I used a FULL teaspoon.

Sponiebr

THE END

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I was unaware of the bronze mica fiasco. Til now. Yuk.

Actually, the soap turned out very nice and really didn't bleed too badly... I mean yeah, there was a little brown coming off in the suds but not enough to actually stain anything in use...