Soy Sand Candles

That is interesting.  So, the type of wick you've used doesn't need to be mounted to the bottom?  I would be afraid of a drifting wick. 

I think these would be difficult to sell with the loose sand, or are you thinking of marketing these as a kit of some sort? 

If you wanted to seal it in with a clear layer on top, I'm wondering if gel would work for that, using a zinc or HTP wick.

I am using a wooden wick with a stable clip. So it is stable and safe. Trouble is that the clip can be buried in solid wax once the pools reaches it. Then it would be hard change tabs + wick.

I'm planning on selling only the sand, wooden wick, maybe add a tiny mason jar. as a kit + refills.

I don't like selling $50+ items. Hard sell. So I wouldn't be selling this candle.

7 hours ago, Flicker said:

Some companies make granular soy wax...Not sure off hand who exactly but just an FYI

I only saw granular paraffin from the U.S so far. I see Alibaba has granular soy. I'll keep looking.  thanks!

12 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

I think your "soy sand" would be better if you scented it, which would put you back to grinding down your wax yourself.  Just my opinion!

i add the sand with an essential oil and it burns well.  No flash points and aesthetic concerns for me me!

p.s I spray liquid soy through a nozzle, I don't grind it down.