Rebatching into a whipped or cream soap?

Darbla

I've got some bars that just with age have lost their scent, and I'm wondering about melting them down, adding scent, and then whipping to make the result fluffy?  I don't even care about them setting up into bars; even if I leave them as a cream in a plastic jar, that would be OK.

Do any of you have ideas or warnings about that?

I don't know what liquid soap paste is, but I might try finely grating a bar of what I have and mix with some unscented body wash.  I could use my kitchen hand mixer to see if that would fluff it up, and since we're not talking about lye this wouldn't damage the hand mixer or make it unusable for food after that.  Hmmmmm......

12 hours ago, Darbla said:

I don't know what liquid soap paste is, but I might try finely grating a bar of what I have and mix with some unscented body wash.  I could use my kitchen hand mixer to see if that would fluff it up, and since we're not talking about lye this wouldn't damage the hand mixer or make it unusable for food after that.  Hmmmmm......

First, soap is not food. NO! NO! Drop it! GIT_THAT_OUTTA_Yer...
NO!!!! NO!!! BAD!!!!! BAAAAAAAAD! You DO_NOT_eat soap! BAD!
Don'tchu gimme that look!!!
YOU know what you did!!!! BAD!
You. Go. Sit. On. Your. Spot. and. Think. About. Whatchu.Just. Did...   

No it's not gonna damage your hand mixer either, but PLEASE don't eat the soap... Soap is ALWAYS unusable for _people_ food... 

Grate it up, throw some coconut milk on it and let it soak over night, and then whip smooth and crock pot rebatch it... Either that or just use it in your laundry... I'll grate mine up really fine and add just enough water to turn it into a gel like deal and then mix in about 50% low odor mineral spirits for some waterless hand cleaner... 

You can also use those worthless soap bars to carve stamp designs so you can cast the master to make silicone stamps... Then if some of the soap sticks to like the plaster master you can just rinse it out. 

Lottsa stuff you CAN do with old soap! (Just don't EAT IT.) 

;)

Sponiebr 

• Like 1

There's a recent soap of the month that shows how to make a liquid soap paste. It's the potassium hydroxide used in liquid soapthat will give you the texture you are after. 

Bramble Berry I believe also still sells liquid soap paste. You dilute it to make liquid soap. It just starts as a thick paste.

Cold process soap made with sodium hydroxide always wants to return to a solid. Even if you water it down and it looks like a liquid it will always blob back into a mass. The more water the more slimy the mass.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Even if you water it down and it looks like a liquid it will always blob back into a mass. The more water the more slimy the mass.

YEP! Soap snot. It works great, but it's called soap snot for a reason.