Would this be unethical? Rant!

Over a month ago I received an order from a supplier.  It was not my order, but belonged to another customer.  My credit card was billed for shipping charges on that incorrect order.

I contacted the company twice by phone (always got voicemail during reg hours) and twice via their website contact form to explain what happened.  About 10 days later I received my order and was billed in full including shipping again.  Until yesterday, I never heard a word.  Yesterday I get an email that states they are sending me a UPS label so I CAN RETURN the box to a UPS station.  Really?  I'm so upset that not one person from the company has even attempted to contact me regarding my double freight bill.  I answered the email and told them I was keeping the order since they don't seem to want to refund me the shipping on an incorrect order.  I'm honestly over this company and their lack of customer service.

• Like 1

Wow! Talk about dropping the ball somewhere.

I got someone else's order a couple of weeks ago and emailed the company and they told me to keep it. It wasn't a very big order, two 4 ounce bottles and several 1 ounce bottles,  but I was still surprised that they said to keep it and the person that got my order shipped it to me the next day. 

• Like 1

That happened to my husband recently. He ordered through Amazon & had all transactions/emails on their site. He tried to communicate with the original company several times but they ignored him. He finally filed a complaint with Amazon & the next day he had a refund. Amazon don't play. 

3 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

@kandlekrazyHmmmm.... I wonder... would that supplier rhyme with Bulk Apothecary? o.O 
(blinks) 

Yeah... And Amazon has been blowing great big donkey egg fart oil lately. 

No, I've actually had really good luck with Bulk Apothecary.  Amazon needs to get rid of OnTrac as a delivery company, much better before they hired them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Belinda said:

Wow! Talk about dropping the ball somewhere.

I got someone else's order a couple of weeks ago and emailed the company and they told me to keep it. It wasn't a very big order, two 4 ounce bottles and several 1 ounce bottles,  but I was still surprised that they said to keep it and the person that got my order shipped it to me the next day. 

Yeah it's actually going to cost them more in the long run to return the darn thing if you factor in restocking costs.  I've never had a company ask me to return an order but if they did I'd expect them to arrange for pick up, not tell the customer to take it to a drop off.  I live very remotely so I don't have a UPS/FEDEX that I pass daily.  After I sent the email that I was keeping it I felt like I did something wrong even though they charged me $70 for stuff I really don't want.

12 hours ago, CBeardly said:

That happened to my husband recently. He ordered through Amazon & had all transactions/emails on their site. He tried to communicate with the original company several times but they ignored him. He finally filed a complaint with Amazon & the next day he had a refund. Amazon don't play. 

I had to do just that with a seller on Ebay after I returned an item.  I had proof of him picking it up at his post office so Ebay gladly refunded my $139.  This was not my month for orders, or March wasn't and they are just taking forever to get resolved.

12 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Yeah it's actually going to cost them more in the long run to return the darn thing if you factor in restocking costs.  I've never had a company ask me to return an order but if they did I'd expect them to arrange for pick up, not tell the customer to take it to a drop off.  I live very remotely so I don't have a UPS/FEDEX that I pass daily.  After I sent the email that I was keeping it I felt like I did something wrong even though they charged me $70 for stuff I really don't want.

It's not fair for them to stuff you with an order.  If UPS delivered to your residence or business, then they can pick it up there. 

They should refund your money and send you a shipping label in the mail, not something you have to print out, let them print it, and have the package picked up at the place where it was delivered.  Otherwise, they are stuffing you with an order you did not specify and imo, you shouldn't have to pay for it -- it was their mistake.

• Like 1