Well, that's just WRONG!

Sponiebr

So, I'm making a 5+ lb. sump'n batch of CP goats milk, honey, oatmeal, silk with some kaolin and yogurt. I only stopped there 'cause the kitchen SINK wouldn't physically FIT into my pot. 

Anywho, I kinda have a confession to make... Remember WAY back when, when CS had their $1 sample sale? Well, I might have ordered many samples... (like maybe 72-ish many... ) ANYWAY!!! My "addiction" isn't really a problem and certainly not the point of this post. The point of this post is that I have all of that particular order of FO's in one box, (coincidentally it is the box they were shipped in) and I happened to be reminded of a certain what French call an "I-dunno-what" smell... 

And then it hit me... 
All of those fragrances mingling together smelled 

REMARKABLY

LIKE...

(WAIT FOR IT!!!!) 

GARBAGE. 

Yes. It smells like a farking trash can. I found that terribly interesting and slightly disturbing at the same time... I won't be nearly so quick to pass judgment on the confused state of garbage in the future... 
AND ANOTHER THING!!!! 

(I'm suddenly slightly confused on this for some reason) But we can use Stainless Steel to soap in right? I mean... It's not gonna cause DOS or anything right? (PANICKED) Right!??!?! 

Well, I gotta go take a Valium and soap this mess... See'ya on the other side! 

Sponiebr: Here. Hold this and watch... ;)   

On 4/15/2017 at 4:04 PM, Candybee said:

Stainless steel won't react with the lye so yes... its okay to use.

You didn't pour all those samples in your soap did ya? I'm trying to figure out how you got the garbage smell unless you uncapped all those oils and poured them together?!!:huh:

Yep! That's what I did! 72 different 1 oz bottles of FO in one soap. Accords be damned! My batch was 80 oz oils and I was shooting for 1oz POO ( per ounce of oil). Just wanted to see if it was a bad idea or not...Funny how 1 oz FO POO smells very much like poo... 

NOOOOOOOOO! Of course I didn't put them all in there... I mean come on, I'm Mr. Dollar Tree here, aka: Cheap Cheeky Bastard ;) 
I have uncapped many of them to sniff'm and I think that's where the odor is coming from. I think it's kinda interesting how "bad" all of that "good" smells when co-mingled all unregulated like that... It reminds me of people somehow, specifically Facebook... o.O  

DANG IT! The seed has been planted in my head... POO... must try 1 oz. per ounce.... NOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!
Orderly: Ok There Sponie, (yeah Fred hurry up the the pin and the jacket...), looks like it's time for you to go to Dizzyland Sponie...  
(me: NO!!!! Ounce per ounce!!!!) 
Orderly... But sponie... You wanna see Marty Mouse and Doofy  doncha? 
Me: Okay... 

Sponiebr: giggling in the corner .I'm go'n to Dizzy Land an' Ah'm gonna see Marty Mouse! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone as far as mixing about 32 1oz samples of different varieties and different companies, to get 2lbs of a unique scent before, and it smelled LOVELY (they are off the same 'type' and fruityish) it ended up being one of my limited edition best selling soaps. 

I mix like that quite often. Almost always they have been lovely. Only once did it not come out that great, and that's because out of 16 1ozs there was 1 that overpowered everything and I might as well have just used that scent because that's all I could smell. 

• Like 1