Liquid Candle Dye

• 4 months later...

I do, but I'm making melts and I prefer parasoy. I found some at Lonestar but they only ship FedEx and Im not paying nearly $12 for a package that can ship First Class.

Thats just dumb IMO. They had some great choices though. Customer Service did say USPS will be added as a carries but not til the end of Sept + I need it sooner :( 

3 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I do, but I'm making melts and I prefer parasoy. I found some at Lonestar but they only ship FedEx and Im not paying nearly $12 for a package that can ship First Class.

Thats just dumb IMO. They had some great choices though. Customer Service did say USPS will be added as a carries but not til the end of Sept + I need it sooner :( 

I love Lonestar, but don't get from them very frequently because they also don't take PayPal, and I run everything I can business wise through my PayPal. Makes everything so much easier for end of year processing. 

I'm still using the liquid dyes I got from Peak some 5+ years ago because a little goes a LONG way and I got 2oz of each color. Except when I spilled my red and had to replace it with Lonestar's. 

I don't really make my candles a neon color, so honestly can't help. Sorry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

I've never used pigment powder in candles ... such as this one in neon pink ...

... would it clog wicks?

If it is actual pigment, then yes, it will clog the wick. Pigment coloring for candles are mostly used in carving for the outside of the candle, because they are not meant to be burned. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Maybe not neon. Bright pink might be a better way to describe it. Not using with candles, wax melts :) 

If using for melts, this would work. when melted it could possibly sink to the bottom and need to be stirred. Pigments dont' really bond with the wax, and even when dipping they wax needs to be stirred quite often. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Im looking for a Hot Pink candle dye and bright colors in general. Any suggestions on where to look ? TYIA :) 

Check out Lonestar liquid dyes. They have the most outstanding bright pink for candles. You can make a hot pink candle color with it or a soft pink depending on how many drops you use. I love that their liquid dyes come with dropper caps so they aren't messy to use. Its the best pink dye for candles I have found!

• Thanks 1

It looks like Flaming Candle sells supplies on ebay ... of course, the shipping for one little thing is a bit more than if it's part of an order, but it probably works in a pinch.

They have magenta dye blocks.  I prefer liquid dyes in candles, but sometimes if you're looking for a certain color, the blocks/chips work good; but for melts (yes, I get it now, sorry my wandered before), it probably doesn't make much difference.

ebay auction dye block

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2017 at 3:00 AM, KimmyPee said:

I just got Guilty Pleasures pink,  I think it's called, from RE, it makes a nice bright pink. 

I just went to RE and don't see anything with that name.  🤔  

I am am looking for a nice bright HOT PINK as well as a really pretty unique purple and then maybe a nice mint green color.  Anyone have any suggestions from the RE liquid dyes?  Do their liquid dyes come with glass droppers?  I am placing my order on the 27th so any advice on the RE liquid dyes is greatly appreciated.  😇💞

2 hours ago, Marleigha said:

I just went to RE and don't see anything with that name.  🤔  

I am am looking for a nice bright HOT PINK as well as a really pretty unique purple and then maybe a nice mint green color.  Anyone have any suggestions from the RE liquid dyes?  Do their liquid dyes come with glass droppers?  I am placing my order on the 27th so any advice on the RE liquid dyes is greatly appreciated.  😇💞

Lone Star has a very prettt hot 

pink & a great teal/ aqua .

• Thanks 1