wax melts

infertilemyrtle

Hi all- tried to dig through previous posts, but can't find exactly what I am looking for. My friend is asking for wax melts in one of the candle scents she is testing for me. I have never used wax melts/never thought to start testing wax melts for sale.

I only use C3 soy wax.... are melts as easy as making excess wax for my candle pours and pouring them in a mold during the same pour as my candles (so same melting temp for the wax/fragrance added at same temp/poured at same temp). I feel like that sounds too easy & I must be missing something.......... I don't want to give her something that 1) is unsafe 2) will ruin her wax melter 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 11:10 AM, infertilemyrtle said:

Hi all- tried to dig through previous posts, but can't find exactly what I am looking for. My friend is asking for wax melts in one of the candle scents she is testing for me. I have never used wax melts/never thought to start testing wax melts for sale.

I only use C3 soy wax.... are melts as easy as making excess wax for my candle pours and pouring them in a mold during the same pour as my candles (so same melting temp for the wax/fragrance added at same temp/poured at same temp). I feel like that sounds too easy & I must be missing something.......... I don't want to give her something that 1) is unsafe 2) will ruin her wax melter 

Melts really are that easy ! It wouldn't be anything that's unsafe or ruin her warmer at all, just follow the wax's guidelines on fragrance oil load, temps, etc.

They are so fun to make. Get yourself a wax made for tarts and some molds or little plastic jello shot cups with lids and you're good to go :)

Yep, pretty much that easy.  If they stick in the molds, pop them in the freezer a while and they usually come right out.  Only way you could mess up is too use too soft a wax, which might melt in the package instead of the warmer on a hot day.  I used Astorlite V which has a high melt point, and the melts could get funky looking if I let the wax cool too much during the pour.  But really, that's about it as long as you follow the guidelines mentioned by WaxingPoetic.  Also, you can often find old posts better by doing a Google search as those pick up really old posts.  HTH.